[3.6] Lyxara's Winter Orb Elementalist non-crit Guide

"
zealotry is better imo but ofcourse aspect of spider is best but its early in the league

Isn't the point of herald of thunder to proc that 20% inc damage minimum shock all the time even if shocking conflux isnt activated?
Zealoustry has proved to be really useful for this build.

The dps boost is very respectable, and the increase crit for spell bump the crit rate of winter orb back to 5%~ without any additional investment. (Don't need to go the crit route on shadow path)

With Herald -20% reserve ascendency, we can open Herald of Ice, Thunder, and Zealoustry with around 100~ mp remaining WITHOUT the need of actually using Enlighten at all. (big money saver!)

100 mp is more than enough to run permanent WO if you craft the -total mp cost prefix on the ring. (The cost of WO dropped from 17 to 10)
Since WO cast rate is really high, there's nothing that help sustain your mp better than this prefix on ring.

You can even run no regen map easily by making your WO 5 link to reduce the mp cost of WO to 0.

Overall this build is extremely op even in this league.
Only downside is against single target end game boss, the dps is not as high as some other builds.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Mar 14, 2019, 1:34:21 AM
"
aerial wrote:
"
zealotry is better imo but ofcourse aspect of spider is best but its early in the league

Isn't the point of herald of thunder to proc that 20% inc damage minimum shock all the time even if shocking conflux isnt activated?

Herald of Thunder also helps me proc Onslaught and curse (w/o running expensive Warlord Mark ring). Onslaught gem got buffed to proc on rares and uniques too.

Basically is auto proc all stuffs free damage.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Mar 14, 2019, 1:40:38 AM
"
bex_HB wrote:
"
Hi what's the best unique weapon to use for level 80s if you still can't afford shade of solaris or good rare weapon? I was stuck with lifesprig for the longest time.

well, i currently as well save up for solaris, 2/3 of the way gone.

until then i just use a random 5-10c rare wand, this one :

playing with tabula rasa still at 4.8k life with level 82, enough for every yellow map, also t10 no problem

flat cold dmg i feel is a strong dps pusher, dont underestimate ;)

That cold damage is not for spell but weapon, so it does literally nothing.

Any elemental damage that doesn't state "for spell" on weapon is useless for casters.

Whats the difference between going the Heart of Ice route vs the Divine Judgement route?
"
Fabuloso81 wrote:
Whats the difference between going the Heart of Ice route vs the Divine Judgement route?

Self explanatory..

Divine Ire -> Penetratration + 1 socket (8 points)

Heart of Ice -> Penetration + more cold dm % (8 points)

Heart of Ice I exclude the point spend on the int socket because normally you should get every single 2 point jewel socket if they're on the main path.

Personally I take neither cuz I don't have enough points for that, plus I don't want to trade out Alchemist/ Life wheel for alittle bit dps...

Our dps is pretty much overkill already even without using Mark of the Shaper/ The Pandamonium Amulet. (two huge dps booster), meaning spending 8 points on dps might not be worth the trouble compare to more life/ more utility.

Not to mention Wise Oak get +3 more penetration by Alchemist too.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Mar 14, 2019, 4:02:19 AM
"
aerial wrote:
"

if you dont have any flat lightning on your weapons or mark of shaper then yea

id rather go divine judgment than heart of frost because it increases effectiveness of shock (dps boost) and chill (enemies slowed more)
Thank you for the guide! I made this my league starter and was able to do uber elder a couple of minutes ago. Not quite without death but still OK. My gear also still has lots of room to improve and I was lazy keeping my mapping ascendancies.

"
Faendris wrote:
Thank you for the guide! I made this my league starter and was able to do uber elder a couple of minutes ago. Not quite without death but still OK. My gear also still has lots of room to improve and I was lazy keeping my mapping ascendancies.

Around 20 ex worth of gears in day 5..

Either super lucky drop or you're rly rly good at making money :/

Last edited by mic01851165 on Mar 14, 2019, 6:00:23 AM
Zealotry seems good but I can't really imagine running it over Grace. I'm sitting around 4.8k health at level 82 and still feel really disappointingly squishy, and after I grab the three Witch nodes near the power charge, I'm kinda... out of easily accessible health nodes.

I kind of wonder if I couldn't spec out of the second cluster of increased duration nodes, save 6 points that way, and grab more life somewhere?

Also fuck me Pandemonius is expensive. How the hell do people even reach Tul so quickly?

And yeah, cosigned the other guy - jesus christ that's some nutty gear for day five. That two-stone ring alone is like... Wat. Aspect of the Spider AND Warlord's Mark on hit? Ouch. But no Vaal RF?
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Mar 14, 2019, 6:27:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info