[3.6] Lyxara's Winter Orb Elementalist non-crit Guide

Hey I have a slight problem I have the cwdt setup for righteous fire going I can't seem to out leech the ticking damage and since I am running mind over matter I have to no mana afterward and die.
"
ArpanGo wrote:
Hey I have a slight problem I have the cwdt setup for righteous fire going I can't seem to out leech the ticking damage and since I am running mind over matter I have to no mana afterward and die.

Do not cast RF with CWDT. You want it in the same link but at a high enough level where it doesn't proc, so that it can take advantage of Extra Duration. You only ever want Vaal Righteous Fire.
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Mar 13, 2019, 4:09:33 AM
"
Lyxara wrote:
"
maaat wrote:
Hello, can I change Herald of thunder for Zealotry aura? on PoB it gives more dps but Im not sure if that is true, since I don't know how to calculate Winter Orb dps properly xD

thanks!

Of course you can - the thing is you benefit from the spell damage, but other than that crit is not as useful + consecrated ground is nothing we need at all. Heralds are 25% more effective + give ele pen, but whatever fits you best ;)

herald of thunder does almost nothing tho
adds flat lightning equivalent to a mark of a shaper
zapzap on kill
lightning pen is useless unless u doing some call of the brotherhood shenanigans

zealotry is better imo but ofcourse aspect of spider is best but its early in the league
Hi there, thanks for the great guide!

Wanted to ask about the new Dark arts, singular focus and arcane guarding passive nodes. Dark arts nodes helps improve mobility with the reduced CDR on flame dash, and also gives cast speed to improve Winter orb ramp time. Same for Singular focus nodes. Arcane guarding gives a lot of spell damage.

What are your thoughts on using these nodes as currently you dont have it in your recommended passive tree?
Thanks Lyxara, much appreciated.
"
bankai1009 wrote:
Hi there, thanks for the great guide!

Wanted to ask about the new Dark arts, singular focus and arcane guarding passive nodes. Dark arts nodes helps improve mobility with the reduced CDR on flame dash, and also gives cast speed to improve Winter orb ramp time. Same for Singular focus nodes. Arcane guarding gives a lot of spell damage.

What are your thoughts on using these nodes as currently you dont have it in your recommended passive tree?

What you can do is to skip Divine Judgement and go for Dark Arts, if you play dual weild and without a shiel, otherwise it doesn't make sense. 3 points remain if you take this approach, I would suggest take the Jewelsocket in the Str. or Dex area (left or right) because otherwise you would lose that as well.

Arcane Guarding is okayish, but we play with Acro/Phase Acro - there we lose 30% spell block to begin with, so spellblock from there is not viable and so is the energy shield. Before I take arcane Guarding I would keep Divine Judgement, its more dps.

IGN: FluffyMetamorph
Just want to ask which weapons to use? Is better to shield and wand / mace or dual wield?

edit: Shade of Solaris Sage Wand x2 top?
Last edited by wASQ on Mar 13, 2019, 9:32:58 AM
I'm personally a big fan of shields - you can get upwards of 100% spell damage on them, plus a fat life roll and some resistances. And often, it's actually pretty cheap.

But now I'm looking at gear, and wondering - is Inpulsa BiS for this build? Or could you get better with The Eternity Shroud if you're an insane spender? That's a lot of extra chaos damage!
Luna's Blackguards - a guild of bronies - is now recruiting! If you're a fan of our favourite chromatic marshmallow equines, hit me up with an add or whisper, and I'll invite you!
IGN: HopeYouAreFireProof
Last edited by Budget_player_cadet on Mar 13, 2019, 11:04:20 AM
"
I'm personally a big fan of shields - you can get upwards of 100% spell damage on them, plus a fat life roll and some resistances. And often, it's actually pretty cheap.

But now I'm looking at gear, and wondering - is Inpulsa BiS for this build? Or could you get better with The Eternity Shroud if you're an insane spender? That's a lot of extra chaos damage!

inpulsa is better imo
eternity shroud needs u to use shaper gear on almost everyslot
"
zealotry is better imo but ofcourse aspect of spider is best but its early in the league

Isn't the point of herald of thunder to proc that 20% inc damage minimum shock all the time even if shocking conflux isnt activated?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info