[3.11] Divine Ire Hierophant (Self cast)

"
BRUXAOSK8 wrote:
"
Ludak021 wrote:
"
BRUXAOSK8 wrote:
Hello, does elemental damage in a weapon increase the damage of Divine ire? or does it have to be damage to spells?

Yes.

Yes??

yes, scepter with increased elemental damage implicit is the same as node that increases elemental damage.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
I dont know if this has been answered yet but how im supposed to get more ES shield? All my gear has decent amount i think and i have collected all ES nodes? Im not very familiar ES builds obviously
Last edited by Lost_Dinner on Jun 27, 2019, 3:44:30 PM
"
Monsmons wrote:
"

Haven't gotten around to trying uber elder since he's such a pain in the ass to spawn, have you tried him?

Had a look at your build on PoB and your dps looks kind of low to me, especially your crit chance/multiplier % is really low for a crit build. For a inq build that relies on crits I'd suggest trying to get that up.
Maybe consider voidbringer unique gloves for crit% or using a level 1 precision aura for free crit% chance? (level 1 precision aura reserves 22 mana and gives 40% crit chance bonus, easy crit % if you can spare the mana cost).

My build is hybrid like OP's so my itemisation is completely different than a pure ES build, but my lvl20 beam is sitting on about 2.4 mill shaper damage that might give you some ideas about itemisation for increasing DPS (if that's what's lacking?) https://pastebin.com/mHeTuLQ1

I recorded my 1st chimera/shaper kill if you're interested in how it plays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eamUML7ciVE

yes i tried him, got them to 50% Life at my last Portal, so i consider it a fail =)

Your suggest with the gloves and the aura arte pretty glorious mate, i think i can handle the increase manacost (bought a Watchers eye with clarity mod), i will try that out soon, also i could use another defensive layer with cast on dmg taken maybe.

only bummer is that i need to salvage my lightning trap, but that should be less a problem, i never fell in love with it...

i will keep you updated bois

edit: and gratz on your insane currency gainz in your vid mate ^^

Cheers, I got around to spawning uber elder and killed him - it was my first ever time fighting him and had only 1 portal left after killing him (so I think 4 deaths?). Most of those deaths could probably been avoided by a more experienced player, I felt like I was running around like a headless chicken most of the time, and shaper teleporting like crazy didn't help things.

I did record the kill if you're interested let me know and I'll upload it, however it definitely wasn't a clean kill.
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
"
Cheers, I got around to spawning uber elder and killed him - it was my first ever time fighting him and had only 1 portal left after killing him (so I think 4 deaths?). Most of those deaths could probably been avoided by a more experienced player, I felt like I was running around like a headless chicken most of the time, and shaper teleporting like crazy didn't help things.

I did record the kill if you're interested let me know and I'll upload it, however it definitely wasn't a clean kill.

hi mate, i can gladly announce i "slayed" the uberelder too 5 Minutes ago, kinda sounds like your kill, got 2 Portals left.

best upgrades were the spellshield with high damage rolls (in substraction of around 1000 energy shield..., maybe i get a T1 roll one someday)
and the boots with the mana enchant

the right rings and amulet are kinda hard to craft or buy even when its a melee league like now :)

Didnt know if i configured Path of Building right but i have around 1,6 mio shaper dmg at full release now i think.

So thanks again mate, the Kill is 50% your doing :D

"
Lost_Dinner wrote:
I dont know if this has been answered yet but how im supposed to get more ES shield? All my gear has decent amount i think and i have collected all ES nodes? Im not very familiar ES builds obviously

if you're playing mind over matter you want to have the life prefix and two energyshield prefixes (as long as there are no "spell"damage prefixes to roll, at best all T1 rolls and in the remaining suffixes stuff like resistances
Last edited by Monsmons on Jun 29, 2019, 9:05:35 AM
"
Monsmons wrote:
"

hi mate, i can gladly announce i "slayed" the uberelder too 5 Minutes ago, kinda sounds like your kill, got 2 Portals left.

best upgrades were the spellshield with high damage rolls (in substraction of around 1000 energy shield..., maybe i get a T1 roll one someday)
and the boots with the mana enchant

the right rings and amulet are kinda hard to craft or buy even when its a melee league like now :)

Didnt know if i configured Path of Building right but i have around 1,6 mio shaper dmg at full release now i think.

So thanks again mate, the Kill is 50% your doing :D

"
Lost_Dinner wrote:

if you're playing mind over matter you want to have the life prefix and two energyshield prefixes (as long as there are no "spell"damage prefixes to roll, at best all T1 rolls and in the remaining suffixes stuff like resistances

Congrats on your kill! Hope you got better loot than me (nothing :P)

Another small update, I dropped herald of ash for stone and flesh and added a shield-charge-foritfy setup to try to add some more survivability, testing it out and although forify helps, I'm not totally sold on shield charge as it seems to get stuck a lot.

Did uber atziri - killed myself about 3-4 times forgetting that atziri has 5% damage reflect... enough to one shot yourself with a charged beam, oops.

Also did the 4-way army conflict thing, build actually performs really well on it, probably killed each boss 3-4 times, drops were garbage (no jewel) but eh, such is endgame boss killing - cinderswallow flask really helps a lot in that fight.

Last edited by Zeekin on Jun 29, 2019, 9:25:26 PM
"
Zeekin wrote:

Another small update, I dropped herald of ash for stone and flesh and added a shield-charge-foritfy setup to try to add some more survivability, testing it out and although forify helps, I'm not totally sold on shield charge as it seems to get stuck a lot.

Did uber atziri - killed myself about 3-4 times forgetting that atziri has 5% damage reflect... enough to one shot yourself with a charged beam, oops.

Also did the 4-way army conflict thing, build actually performs really well on it, probably killed each boss 3-4 times, drops were garbage (no jewel) but eh, such is endgame boss killing - cinderswallow flask really helps a lot in that fight.

hi mate,

dropping herald of ash looks like cutting 20% of damage :/ but for getting 11% damage reduction on far enemys (how far is far? :D) and blind on near enemys, could be worth it yes, i will rely on your next report ^^

what do you think of "The Blue Nightmare Cobalt Jewel" on the middle far left socket (i have faith and steel skilled) it gives lightning to chaos and should give decent spell block and power charges on kill, i havent bought it yet but thinking of it...

also i thought of changing to command of the pit gloves too with 2 abyss jewels aorund 40 ES they shouldn cut of my ES too much, and i get rid of high mana cost (maybe don't need a second -cast cost on ring then, the boot enchant is pretty nice but dont help in bossfights without many monsterspawns)

so long

PS: i did get a 30chaos chest base out of the uber kill, so i will mark it as nothing too since i tried that fucker around 4 times before

PPS: i did some math and thought "why not both?" since i dont play mind over matter (sure i got a little one in my watchers eye), i dont need that manapool and so i put in a smaller version of clarity and took both sand and herald (with lvl 3 enlighten, maybe someday i have the money to go lvl 4 (care for scammers bois!!))
feeling good so far, t14 and 15 im rippin and skippin (attacks), pushing level up, so going for the dangerous stuff later

command of the pit was on sale, so i had to take it ^^

Edit:
some hours later... flesh and stone is dope as hell, surely what i needed, just got mana 52/976 but thats enough!
I had to switch out my watchers eye with "%damage on mana when affected by clarity" mod because in rare occasions i got "stunned" while having not enough mana to dash and my divine ire got sent loose while channeling --> sometimes death (not enough energy shield leech)

So i confronted uber elder with new pride, what should i say, he's farmable (just 1 death)

so with some more tweaks and crafting with T1 energy shield rolls i should be tanky enough for deathless even when tired or unconcentrated (i got hit multiple times by beam, orbs and eldertentacles

great day (but uberelder drops still sucky)
Last edited by Monsmons on Jun 30, 2019, 7:09:32 PM
"
Monsmons wrote:
"
Zeekin wrote:

hi mate,

dropping herald of ash looks like cutting 20% of damage :/ but for getting 11% damage reduction on far enemys (how far is far? :D) and blind on near enemys, could be worth it yes, i will rely on your next report ^^

what do you think of "The Blue Nightmare Cobalt Jewel" on the middle far left socket (i have faith and steel skilled) it gives lightning to chaos and should give decent spell block and power charges on kill, i havent bought it yet but thinking of it...

also i thought of changing to command of the pit gloves too with 2 abyss jewels aorund 40 ES they shouldn cut of my ES too much, and i get rid of high mana cost (maybe don't need a second -cast cost on ring then, the boot enchant is pretty nice but dont help in bossfights without many monsterspawns)

so long

PS: i did get a 30chaos chest base out of the uber kill, so i will mark it as nothing too since i tried that fucker around 4 times before

PPS: i did some math and thought "why not both?" since i dont play mind over matter (sure i got a little one in my watchers eye), i dont need that manapool and so i put in a smaller version of clarity and took both sand and herald (with lvl 3 enlighten, maybe someday i have the money to go lvl 4 (care for scammers bois!!))
feeling good so far, t14 and 15 im rippin and skippin (attacks), pushing level up, so going for the dangerous stuff later

command of the pit was on sale, so i had to take it ^^

Edit:
some hours later... flesh and stone is dope as hell, surely what i needed, just got mana 52/976 but thats enough!
I had to switch out my watchers eye with "%damage on mana when affected by clarity" mod because in rare occasions i got "stunned" while having not enough mana to dash and my divine ire got sent loose while channeling --> sometimes death (not enough energy shield leech)

So i confronted uber elder with new pride, what should i say, he's farmable (just 1 death)

so with some more tweaks and crafting with T1 energy shield rolls i should be tanky enough for deathless even when tired or unconcentrated (i got hit multiple times by beam, orbs and eldertentacles

great day (but uberelder drops still sucky)

Hey dude, my build has changed kind of drastically since my last post, I'm using command of the pit gloves and the devouring diadem now - this way i can reserve 100% of my mana since diadem gives Eldritch battery. Now using zealotry, hatred (wrath gives more dps than hatred, but freezing and shattering enemies helps a lot) and still using flesh and stone and precision too.

Also redid my passives and picked up acrobatics and phase acrobatics. I actually really like the shield charge for movement speed, helps clear speed for sure, and still have flame dash linked with faster carrying to help.

Had to drop holy flame totem & vaal righteous fire to fit everything which i kind of miss, but can't fit it in :(

Overall dps and survivability i think is improved, i think it functions better than the hp/es/mana hybrid i was running before, did uber elder with it, still died as much but i think it's mostly down to my fault.
Last edited by Zeekin on Jul 2, 2019, 7:00:21 AM
Hello, just trying this build :) im not playing SSF. So can you please recommend me some great uniques for this build i can buy ?

(except the ring that is in the guide)
"
Zeekin wrote:

Hey dude, my build has changed kind of drastically since my last post, I'm using command of the pit gloves and the devouring diadem now - this way i can reserve 100% of my mana since diadem gives Eldritch battery. Now using zealotry, hatred (wrath gives more dps than hatred, but freezing and shattering enemies helps a lot) and still using flesh and stone and precision too.

Also redid my passives and picked up acrobatics and phase acrobatics. I actually really like the shield charge for movement speed, helps clear speed for sure, and still have flame dash linked with faster carrying to help.

Had to drop holy flame totem & vaal righteous fire to fit everything which i kind of miss, but can't fit it in :(

Overall dps and survivability i think is improved, i think it functions better than the hp/es/mana hybrid i was running before, did uber elder with it, still died as much but i think it's mostly down to my fault.

hi mate,

the command of the pit gloves are really insane thats true (felt a huge dmg buff with the 2 abyssals) you got some great ideas

i never missed any totems or orbs tho, very happy with divine ire itself, getting power charges through mod on my wand (200 mana for power charge) feeling good so far (was a "lucky" fossil roll)

only the ugly bosses like minotaur or phoenix sometimes kill me (or chimera if i dont hit all smokes properly...)
uberelder is down in around 1-2 death (still no good drops, expensive bastard...)

delving is like heaven now :)

looked at your items, the ring and amulet are just 4 roll (even with them good rolls), i think theres much room for better stuff or not?

"
Voty wrote:
Hello, just trying this build :) im not playing SSF. So can you please recommend me some great uniques for this build i can buy ?

(except the ring that is in the guide)

hi mate, good to have you here :) depends on the currency you have

some kinda cheapy uniques:

voidbringer gloves around 5-10 chaos with good rolls (or use command of the pit for around 60 chaos with 1 abyssal hypnotic eye)

mark of the shaper ring for 5 chaos (use with a second elder base ring!)

all other is for me fossiled rares with nice mods

an energy shield with damage rolls is kinda cheap too (10-50chaos)

try to get a good helmet base (t84 or higher) with divine ire 40% dmg enchant on it

so long bois, good luck
Quick and prolly dumb question too, what should i use with flame dash when i got faster casting from weapn itself? or should i just ditch it and go for shield bash?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info