[3.6] Soulrend / Bane trickster CI starter build.

"
HOBO_NO_MO wrote:

I had considered it, but now that I am at that level, I wouldn't be able to lose out on that much ES lost for the chest.
I am getting about 400 ES just from the chest piece, but only about 120 from my shield. (Granted not a great ES shield). Not saying that it isn't doable, but the more uniques that are put in that don't raise your resist or ES, makes the rest of the gearing tough.

If you want that effect, run blasphemy with Bane. It won't cast the other curses, but should still clear plenty fast around you.

Plus with how the rooms work, shield charge is not a great movement skill, as you almost need something to be able to jump gaps.

Well first off, you can't link bane and blasphemy, it's not a curse, and so it won't do the same thing that Death Aura does. Secondly, as far as ES goes there's a CI Occultist that uses Death's Oath and manages 6.8k-8.2k ES.

Granted we don't have the same tools that Occultist does to get ES, but keep in mind in my example we're effectively replacing bane with Death Arua. So we also don't need the curse support items/nodes currently on the build, allowing us to squeeze some additional ES from our boots/rings/amulet, after some tweaking in the POB, adding Death's Oath and removing the curse support items/nodes in favor of DOT support/ES items and nodes, I was able to get around 6.4k ES at 116 passive points and around 7k at 123. Our main source of damage then comes from Death Aura and Blight+Soulrend.

I'm not exactly an expert on POE character building, this is my first attempt at tweaking anything beyond 2 or 3 passive points, but it LOOKS like it could work, and give a really nice damage bonus overall. Plus you can still run at least 1 curse for added defense (such as temp chains or enfeeble)
"
Well first off, you can't link bane and blasphemy, it's not a curse, and so it won't do the same thing that Death Aura does. Secondly, as far as ES goes there's a CI Occultist that uses Death's Oath and manages 6.8k-8.2k ES.

Thank you I had assumed that it would since it has the curse tag, but then I remembered that it does not actually apply a curse so wouldn't actually work.

"
Granted we don't have the same tools that Occultist does to get ES, but keep in mind in my example we're effectively replacing bane with Death Arua. So we also don't need the curse support items/nodes currently on the build, allowing us to squeeze some additional ES from our boots/rings/amulet, after some tweaking in the POB, adding Death's Oath and removing the curse support items/nodes in favor of DOT support/ES items and nodes, I was able to get around 6.4k ES at 116 passive points and around 7k at 123. Our main source of damage then comes from Death Aura and Blight+Soulrend.

The big draw back to our ES other than what Occultist get is that I am using a two hander instead of a shield that supplies a good number of ES on them.

It's definitely possible, but would be a different build all together, and not as easy gearing for a league starter.
Last edited by HOBO_NO_MO on Mar 15, 2019, 9:17:07 PM
"
HOBO_NO_MO wrote:

It's definitely possible, but would be a different build all together, and not as easy gearing for a league starter.

Fair point, I was mostly asking because I REALLY want to play a Death's Oath build, but I also REALLY want it to be CI Trickster, and I'm not NEARLY good enough to building to start from scratch so I'm trying to find a build CI Trickster that is viable enough as a DO build to tweak in POB rather than having to start it from scratch, and yours seemed the closes to what I wanted to achieve, lol.
Just a quick update,

My Build has morphed a lot, however the base is still a strong reference to the OP's.

With Malevolence, I'm currently hitting 560k DoT DPS with Soulrend, and roughly 300k on Bane, with 5k ES, and an ER of 17455 / 60%.

On the flip side, if I turn off Malevolence, and run Vaal Grace (For tough Bosses), I have 465k DoT DPS SR, and 243k DoT DPS Bane, with 5k ES, and ER of 27379 / 67%

All I can say is this setup is Flat melting everything, I'm only at level 88, and don't even have final gear/jewels.

If folks are more interested in the setup I went with, I'll be happy to go into more detail, with out hijacking the OP.

OP - If you're interested in a little more DoT DPS, you may consider switching your Rot jewel in socket #4 for an Eldritch Knowledge. IT's a nice 25% Chaos Boost because of the 5 int passives, and will add about 13k DoT DPS.
Last edited by JediWabbit on Mar 20, 2019, 11:54:42 AM
Forgot to mention, once I've got my endgame staff, I should be seeing 1 mill DoT DPS.
Last edited by JediWabbit on Mar 20, 2019, 11:44:58 AM
Hi JediWabbit, can you please post a link to your build? Cheers.
My build has been changing a lot, with different gear, as I'm leveling, but I'll get equipped with my main equipment, and post the most recent.

I'll get a PoB link up in a couple hours.

[Edit]

Here's a PoB With Check points from current 112, and Trees for the planned changes 113 - 123 points. Note the Jewel "Hops & Dreams" is a Theory crafted Jewel I'm very likely never to find, and even less likely to find/divine the rolls on it. As you change the different Skill Trees, the jewels will change a lot.

I've also not decided if I will be incorporating a Presence of Chayula Amulet or not, it really depends on how squishy the build ends up, but at 70% ER I have a feeling ~6k ES will do and I can hit that 1 mill DoT DPS once I have my Endgame Staff. If The amulet does go to Chayula's some other gear will be changed, likely the boots. The Gear is nowhere min/max at the moment, or in the planned 123/123 tree checkpoint.

Lastly I know this build is using almost all uniques, and I know I can get a lot more out of it when I start changing to Rares. However the Synergy from all of this is so damn good, it's hard to change it up for now.

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/4AY25QFH

Lastly:

This Chest Piece really has my attention right now, and should I switch to CI, it may be something I integrate:

Spoiler
Last edited by JediWabbit on Mar 23, 2019, 1:31:35 PM
"
JediWabbit wrote:

Lastly:

This Chest Piece really has my attention right now, and should I switch to CI, it may be something I integrate:

Spoiler

What do you see this chest doing for you? I looked at it as well but thought it wouldn't synergize with Bane as well as I initially thought.
How does Righteous Army and Spiritual Aid work with this build? What skill is considered a minion..?
Im running something similar. After finishing lab i will go with this chest:

still trying to craft it properly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info