[3.6] Soulrend / Bane trickster CI starter build.

This will be my second league playing the end game in POE. (I got to, but did not kill shaper last season.) I wanted a skill to play off curse's and deal dmg, and low and behold I got one with Bane this season. Not to mention the addition of soulrend and just the general buff to chaos/spell casting.

Was going back and forth on weather I should do occultist or trickster. And also to do a low life or CI version. After seeing the amount of curse's that I want to apply and the change with trickster having stun immunity, I decided to try CI trickster.

I am now trying to decide on if I want to link soulrend to blight with cast on channel. Would be able to use the spreading rot jewel. The trigger time for cast on channel is also about the same as the debuff time that soulrend applies.
Or if I want to just cast soulrend.

After doing a little bit of playing with the new spells I have landed on doing Soulrend in a 6-Link Shaper staff with the cast while channeling mod, using blight to trigger it. Will be used mostly for single target/boss's. If you are struggling to hit a very high amount of ES than going wand/shield is fine. This is where I am at until I can afford better gear.

My Chest will be for bane, and used for clearing out the maps.

Also found out that Bane actually does not count against the curse limit, so once I get a corrupted amulet the 3 points can be taken off of the tree for the extra curse.

POB link with leveling points breakdown.
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/W3d0cFxZ

Leveling
Spoiler

I will be trying to use Essence drain for leveling with the change to it. But may end up switching back to frost blades. But either one should work just fine.

Once I get to act 3 and can get soulrend I will be switching to that, and bane as I should be close to the additional curse in the skill tree. Or will see the price of Doedre's Damning to get that additional curse early to increase Bane's dmg.

I will be waiting to take CI until you have around 6k ES.

The guide takes the jewel spot's late in the build as early it is normally hard to get good jewels. If you get some early feel free to get some of these nodes earlier.

Bandit's
Spoiler
Kill all, not getting any of the full benefits from any of them.

Gear (So far)
Spoiler

Super cheap/good item for any ES based build. Just need the resistance's elsewhere.

If you are struggling with your resist you can use a different belt, but may just have less ES.
Or you could always use a flask to make up the resists.

While the leech is useless in the build, the rest of the stat's do help. This allow's us to fill up support gems with our Bane and still only have to cast one curse

Not the best base, but has all of the stat's that I am looking for. More resist would be usefull.

Jewels
Spoiler

Will be using 2x for the extra chaos dmg, and faster stacking of wither.

Also will be looking for other jewels with an ES modifier, as well as chaos dmg over time.

Gem links
Spoiler

6 Link - shaper weapon Blight, Soulrend, Void Manipulation, Controlled Destruction, Efficacy, Swift Affliction

As the resist, and ES needed on gear is pretty demanding if you are using a two hander, you can use a wand/shield to get extra resist and ES early. Then you can split up blight ans soulrend into each piece, and use them when needed. If you do this, then swap soulrend to a 4 link, and can move the movement to a weapon. Early mapping I use vaal blight on a boss and bane/soulrend them to death is about it.

remove Void Manipulation for a 5 link and remove Swift Affliction for a 4 link

6 Link Chest - Bane, Void Manipulation, Arcane Surge, Controlled Destruction, Efficacy, Enhance

remove Enhance on a 5 link, and Void Manipulation for a 4 link

4 Link (Gloves) - Enfeeble, Despair, Empower, Temporal Chains

4 Link - Immortal call(7), Cast when Damage Taken(5), Increased Duration, Vaal Discipline

4 Link - Malevolence, Faster Casting, Flame Dash, Portal

As this will be my first build guide constructive criticism is welcome, would like to make this build fun and viable for the end game.
Last edited by HOBO_NO_MO on Mar 15, 2019, 8:44:55 PM
Last bumped on May 11, 2019, 2:02:14 PM
Wouldn't Bane cast every curse attached to it as well? Which would also increase their duration or something?

I recall reading/watching something similar to this somewhere, that Bane with 3 curses would be insanely good.
"
murasam3 wrote:
Wouldn't Bane cast every curse attached to it as well? Which would also increase their duration or something?

I recall reading/watching something similar to this somewhere, that Bane with 3 curses would be insanely good.

That will increase the duration of Bane, not the other curse's it applies. The duration of Bane is much shorter than the other's, but when applying an additional three curses should last close to the same amount of time. Plus all the duration nodes on the tree.

And after looking at Bane again it has the spell cast type, so should be able to be affected by the spell support gems, so will be adding a Void manipulation support to it.
You can't use Malevolence and Discipline with Blood magic because BM has a Multiplier to reserved life.
"
fl0yd wrote:
You can't use Malevolence and Discipline with Blood magic because BM has a Multiplier to reserved life.

Thank you, I missed that, no wonder my POB was going negative when trying to use that. Looks like I can hit low life with just discipline on blood magic, and have Malevolence reserve mana instead.
Last edited by HOBO_NO_MO on Mar 7, 2019, 2:29:45 PM
Bane needs the curses to be actually linked to it to gain extra damage from them, it won't scale off curses applied by the glove effect, only the ones applied by it's own
"
Kettellcorn wrote:
Bane needs the curses to be actually linked to it to gain extra damage from them, it won't scale off curses applied by the glove effect, only the ones applied by it's own

Was not sure on that, but I will test it out.
Thought it said cast socketed curse gems, not trigger them.
Either way I will still use them for the additional curse, and the ES leech per curse that they provide. Will just end up socketing the 4 curses in the gloves instead, and lose out on some of the dmg applied to Bane.
Last edited by HOBO_NO_MO on Mar 7, 2019, 5:56:25 PM
"
HOBO_NO_MO wrote:
"
Kettellcorn wrote:

Was not sure on that, but I will test it out.
Thought it said cast socketed curse gems, not trigger them.
Either way I will still use them for the additional curse, and the ES leech per curse that they provide. Will just end up socketing the 4 curses in the gloves instead, and lose out on some of the dmg applied to Bane.

Bane will apply linked curses.
It will gain a 47% dmg increase per curse applied (at 20/20 that is)

They don't need to be linked for the increase dmg, but it would make life much easier to link bane with 3 curses and cast 1 spell as well as gain 141% dmg increase to Bane, right? (Though, can tricksters put that many curses?) Though without support gems, would it deal high enough damage?

Last edited by murasam3 on Mar 8, 2019, 9:41:45 AM
Hi Friend, could you update the PoB since I updated mine and now the bricked
I am not the one who did this build...but I converted the Passive-Tree by using an uddated and non-updated version.

Here is the one (I suggest) for the updated version (Version 1.4.132 Path of Building):

Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/x17HEzAQ

It has the same amount of nodes. Funny.

Edit: Had the wrong code before, sorry.
Last edited by FartingWolf on Mar 9, 2019, 1:31:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info