[3.6] Soulrend / Bane trickster CI starter build.

Do you have an updated PoB Pastebin link? Because the current one is broken after the update... thanks!
So a new discovery as I was mapping points today. I got to the 90 point mark and was noted the build is taking ES leech. Unfortunately ES leech does NOT apply to DoT.

This is still a good build, and the couple guys I play regular with have worked out point reallocations to counter the null use of these nodes. I would recommend anyone following, or building to this to use it as a VERY rough draft, and make changes where necessary, especially in the ES Leeching. You're literally throwing away skill points.

GL & HF
"
JediWabbit wrote:
So a new discovery as I was mapping points today. I got to the 90 point mark and was noted the build is taking ES leech. Unfortunately ES leech does NOT apply to DoT.

This is still a good build, and the couple guys I play regular with have worked out point reallocations to counter the null use of these nodes. I would recommend anyone following, or building to this to use it as a VERY rough draft, and make changes where necessary, especially in the ES Leeching. You're literally throwing away skill points.

GL & HF

Yes I found that out later as well. Like I said super new to the game.

"
Kiitsune_ wrote:
Do you have an updated PoB Pastebin link? Because the current one is broken after the update... thanks!

I will be updating my build tonight and can post the new POB.

Also I am switching to CI as the Shavronne's wrappings are super expensive atm to do the low life.

Am also doing the staff cast while channel variant for the end game. As of now I am still running maps with a 4 link bane, and one shotting everything except the boss's.

Most likely those ES leech nodes will be going into channel and staff nodes. Or probably just more ES.
Last edited by HOBO_NO_MO on Mar 12, 2019, 8:30:39 PM
Real meta
POB updated. will add in lvling tree's at a later date.
Using this build for inspiration. THX.

@OP Glad to see you active, please keep going.
I'm really enjoying this build, I have my own flare, but it's a monster DPS and only at Lvl 79.

Good call on the gloves, I didn't even know they existed, as I had planned to craft a staff later with trigger, but this sets up a different route for now.
"
HOBO_NO_MO wrote:

Jewels
Spoiler

Will be using 2x for the extra chaos dmg, and faster stacking of wither.

Also will be looking for other jewels with an ES modifier, as well as chaos dmg over time.

I found this little "gem" on accident, and it fits perfect in socket 4 on the tree. With 5 int passives in it's radius you're getting 25% increased Chaos damage. I highly recommend.

Spoiler
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had thought of using Death's Oath with this build? It seems like it would work really well, and since Spreading Rot got a nerf we wouldn't lose much by swapping at least one of those out for an Efficient Training jewel which would allow us to meet the Strength requirements (along with a single +30 strength node which we can respec out of afterward, since DO gives strength as well).

You can also use a wand/scepter and shield to make up for the lack of ES from the armor (which with enough currency can MORE than make up for the armor). That long with fortify+Shield Charge should give plenty additional defenses.

Then you can use Blight+CwC+Soulrend for single target and Allelopothy would give you a solid 5-socket to put that in without sacrificing ES on the gloves.

Also you could transition out of Bane IF you wanted to, since Death Aura+shield Charge will clear packs even faster for the most part.

Thoughts?
Last edited by Shiek200 on Mar 14, 2019, 6:05:07 PM
"
Shiek200 wrote:
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had thought of using Death's Oath with this build? It seems like it would work really well, and since Spreading Rot got a nerf we wouldn't lose much by swapping at least one of those out for an Efficient Training jewel which would allow us to meet the Strength requirements (along with a single +30 strength node which we can respec out of afterward, since DO gives strength as well).

You can also use a wand/scepter and shield to make up for the lack of ES from the armor (which with enough currency can MORE than make up for the armor). That long with fortify+Shield Charge should give plenty additional defenses.

Then you can use Blight+CwC+Soulrend for single target and Allelopothy would give you a solid 5-socket to put that in without sacrificing ES on the gloves.

Also you could transition out of Bane IF you wanted to, since Death Aura+shield Charge will clear packs even faster for the most part.

Thoughts?

I had considered it, but now that I am at that level, I wouldn't be able to lose out on that much ES lost for the chest.
I am getting about 400 ES just from the chest piece, but only about 120 from my shield. (Granted not a great ES shield). Not saying that it isn't doable, but the more uniques that are put in that don't raise your resist or ES, makes the rest of the gearing tough.

If you want that effect, run blasphemy with Bane. It won't cast the other curses, but should still clear plenty fast around you.

Plus with how the rooms work, shield charge is not a great movement skill, as you almost need something to be able to jump gaps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info