Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

a

"
Xandorai wrote:
What Minions are you using to benefit from Spiritual Aid?

He's not, that node's purpose is to buff our own damage and defenses.
"
LithiumWeezy wrote:
Im definitely running this as CI while keeping LL in the back of my mind for super late game. Honestly i'm so unsure of ES leech that I dont know if I can skip the gem and just allocate 1-2 points in the tree to be able to leech OR just drop those points for more ES/DPS and use the gem. I dont know how much leech is going to be appropriate. I'm going to need it because we wont have enough regen for ZO imo. Im currently sitting and playing with POB with over a mil DPS and 10.5k ES. I'm still considering dropping more DPS for more ES. I'm also playing crit so the tree is super tight and not much room for error.

You can easily drop more DPS as PoB uses bladefall (which has 3 times less dps) as a proxy, so it greatle underestimates the damage. Can you share the tree for an ES build once you are done with it? If it's not a problem, I'd love to take a look at it and if possiblw, include it in my guide.
"
DriesnMajoor wrote:
"
Xandorai wrote:
What Minions are you using to benefit from Spiritual Aid?

He's not, that node's purpose is to buff our own damage and defenses.

That is true, Spiritual Aid makes increases to minion damage apply to literally any damage we, the players, deal.
I was personally thinking of going an ES CI build. With ES leech, and getting the +200 ES regen on consecrated ground it just seems alot stronger.

This is my build on PoB atm, and I will most likely run Wave of Conviction AND purifying flame, just not sure yet which will be the 6 link.

https://pastebin.com/QUBU5UMS

I dont understand how you guys can sim the damage at the moment when the skill gems are not in PoB yet though.

Edit: Oh god, just saw your gem setup, seriously dude put some effort into this instead of copy pasta'ing another build.
Not going a crit build with the crit changes AND inquisitor + consecrated effect changes is so wrong, I dont even know where to start. Controlled destruction....

Looked further at the tree, you actually do take crit nodes??
So sure, might be just a gem mistake, but then I saw you take avatar of fire and also go the Force Shaper route??
This 'build' is a mess....
Last edited by Fluxje on Mar 7, 2019, 3:39:56 AM
"
Fluxje wrote:
I was personally thinking of going an ES CI build. With ES leech, and getting the +200 ES regen on consecrated ground it just seems alot stronger.

This is my build on PoB atm, and I will most likely run Wave of Conviction AND purifying flame, just not sure yet which will be the 6 link.

https://pastebin.com/QUBU5UMS

I dont understand how you guys can sim the damage at the moment when the skill gems are not in PoB yet though.

Edit: Oh god, just saw your gem setup, seriously dude put some effort into this instead of copy pasta'ing another build.
Not going a crit build with the crit changes AND inquisitor + consecrated effect changes is so wrong, I dont even know where to start. Controlled destruction....

Looked further at the tree, you actually do take crit nodes??
So sure, might be just a gem mistake, but then I saw you take avatar of fire and also go the Force Shaper route??
This 'build' is a mess....

I did not copy any build, these claims are nonsense. It's a Purifying Flame build, WoC is just a side buff used for bosses.

And yeah, this build is crit indeed? I take the crit nodes that are closest to the build's route. Controlled Destruction is the highest viable damage multiplier for a 6link. It doesn't make you unable to cri - it would say '100% LESS chance to crit' if it had that effect. I will clarify that in the guide once I get back home.

Force Shaper is here for cast speed, increased phys and phys dot reduction. I know the chaos buff is nulified by AoF.

Bladefall setup is here to simulate Purifying's Flame damage as it has similar tags and base physical damage. I also input '50 of phys converted to fire' to further simulate PF. What's so messy about my gems again? If I can improve something, just say it here so I can actually do that.
Last edited by UlyUly on Mar 7, 2019, 4:02:33 AM
"
UlyUly wrote:

I did not copy any build, these claims are nonsense. It's a Purifying Flame build, WoC is just a side buff used for bosses.

And yeah, this build is crit indeed? I take the crit nodes that are closest to the build's route.

Force Shaper is here for cast speed, increased phys and phys dot reduction. I know the chaos buff is nulified by AoF.

Bladefall setup is here to simulate Purifying's Flame damage as it has similar tags and base physical damage. I also input '50 of phys converted to fire' to further simulate PF. What's so messy about my gems again? If I can improve something, just say it here so I can actually do that.

I might have sounded harsh, but...
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Controlled_Destruction_Support

Also Avatar of Fire, like any conversion, works pre-multipliers.
Getting a physical damage multiplier, combined with Avatar of Fire does literally nothing. That includes the Chaos damage, which you mentioned yourself.
Same goes for Divine Wrath node. Which if I understand correctly, even makes your damage worse, but PoE doubledipping calculations are fuzzy.

Your title '3 million DPS' when the gems are not even in PoB yet probably ticked me off, and then ball just kept rolling.
Last edited by Fluxje on Mar 7, 2019, 4:04:55 AM
"
Fluxje wrote:
"
UlyUly wrote:

And yeah, this build is crit indeed? I take the crit nodes that are closest to the build's route.

I might have sounded harsh, but...
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Controlled_Destruction_Support

Also Avatar of Fire, like any conversion, works pre-multipliers.
Getting a physical damage multiplier, combined with Avatar of Fire does literally nothing. That includes the Chaos damage, which you mentioned yourself.
Same goes for Divine Wrath node. Which if I understand correctly, even makes your damage worse, but PoE doubledipping calculations are fuzzy.

Your title '3 million DPS' when the gems are not even in PoB yet probably ticked me off, and then ball just kept rolling.

Bladefall damage is much lower than Purifying's Flame and I mentioned that near the link. Hence the 3 million dps in the title.

Reduces != Less. There is a difference between those. You can still critically strike with controlled destruction.

Concerning AoF, that's just untrue. Physical damage increases will apply to converted damage.

About Divine Wrath, it doesn't convert any of the damage Purifying Flame has since PF isn't a lightning skill (that's mentioned in the node). It's here purely for increased damage and Gain physical damage as Extra Lightning Damage, which gets converted to fire.
Last edited by UlyUly on Mar 7, 2019, 4:14:27 AM
Hey OP, those are some [Removed by Support] kintamas!
Last edited by Luca_GGG on Mar 7, 2019, 5:27:15 AM
"
UlyUly wrote:
Bladefall damage is much lower than Purifying's Flame and I mentioned that near the link. Hence the 3 million dps in the title.

Reduces != Less. There is a difference between those. You can still critically strike with controlled destruction.

Concerning AoF, that's just untrue. Physical damage increases will apply to converted damage.

About Divine Wrath, it doesn't convert any of the damage Purifying Flame has since PF isn't a lightning skill (that's mentioned in the node). It's here purely for increased damage and Gain physical damage as Extra Lightning Damage, which gets converted to fire.

I give you the benefit of the doubt that you might have missed this from the patch notes:

'Removed the minimum and maximum Critical Strike Chance caps. Previously, characters had a 5% chance to deal a critical strike with attacks and spells, even when the spell specified a lower chance, and could reach a maximum of 95% chance to critically strike. In practice, that cap was ignored by effects which applied to enemies, such as Assassin's Mark. We have changed several of these 'external' critical strike sources, and have removed the cap as a result.'

Which sure, you might get alittle positive crit percentage chance due to taking the nodes, but its FAR worse than it used to be.
Regardless, Controlled Destruction is just wrong whenever you have any type of spell crit build. Taking at least one of the blue crit gems is just superior, period. Taking both just depends on what PoB will show.
Last edited by Fluxje on Mar 7, 2019, 4:24:47 AM
"
Fluxje wrote:
"
UlyUly wrote:

I give you the benefit of the doubt that you might have missed this from the patch notes:

'Removed the minimum and maximum Critical Strike Chance caps. Previously, characters had a 5% chance to deal a critical strike with attacks and spells, even when the spell specified a lower chance, and could reach a maximum of 95% chance to critically strike. In practice, that cap was ignored by effects which applied to enemies, such as Assassin's Mark. We have changed several of these 'external' critical strike sources, and have removed the cap as a result.'

Regardless, Controlled Destruction is just wrong whenever you have any type of spell crit build. Taking at least one of the blue crit gems is just superior, period. Taking both just depends on what PoB will show.

Spells have base critical strike chance. Bringing up this change from the patch notes would make sense if we had literally no increases to critical strike chance, which isn't true since we stack a lot of it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info