POE camera is more zoomed out than even Diablo 3, comparison pictures.

"
zeto wrote:

If the only data you are sent is in the intended field of view, then it won't matter how far you zoom out.

This is really the only complete solution to this problem... particularly for cut-throat.

This is already in effect. When using eyefinity, you can only 'click' things that are in the middle screen.

If you try to do something on the other two screens, your character won't even move toward the area you click. It can be annoying sometimes when you misclick and hit just outside the middle screen.
"That's how you die properly, Sailor Boy.."
Still needs to be improved!
The Screenshots on the first page dont look like what im currently seeing while playing PoE! Even Diablo2 looks further away then what I can see in PoE. Buildings, People and Monsters are to close and i cant even see all projectiles coming at me cause they are out of my screen...
"
jawsofhana wrote:
"
zeto wrote:

If the only data you are sent is in the intended field of view, then it won't matter how far you zoom out.

This is really the only complete solution to this problem... particularly for cut-throat.

This is already in effect. When using eyefinity, you can only 'click' things that are in the middle screen.

If you try to do something on the other two screens, your character won't even move toward the area you click. It can be annoying sometimes when you misclick and hit just outside the middle screen.

I'm unsure if this is just a client trick or actual data though. With a clever hack you can do things the client won't normally let you do.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
edit: warning, necro.

adding a fish-eye lens to any kind of side-scroller is extremely problematic. It works for floating-camera points of view (like skyrim) because:

- corners of the FoV aren't anchored
- We're used to some amount of negative zoom in our own human vision

can't have fish-eye in a fixed top-down camera view. It would look VERY STRANGE. All you can do is change aspect ratio / zoom.

Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Jul 21, 2012, 12:41:53 PM
This zoom-out at the first page is way too far from the character, but I would be happy to zoom-out a little bit more than it´s actually possible.

Maybe there will be an option with the next upcoming patches, I hope so...
Große deutsche Community mit TS, Forum und Infos gesucht? -> http://www.exiled.eu/
How do you get the game to look like OP? I tried zooming out, and its still stuck with a huge character.

That is certainly NOT the default view. It needs to be, but it is not.
Last edited by Konried on Jan 24, 2013, 7:38:13 PM
"
zeto wrote:
At 1920x1200 I have always been very close.

Standardizing the view with all resolutions will be important for the future of PvP.

This needs to happen in a lot of games without FoV sliders.

I could go on a rant about how I quit competitive SC2 over this, but I won't!

As a 16:10 monitor user, I am constantly shafted by developers who only conform to the 16:9 mass market TV standard which has infested the PC world. This has forced me to either deal with having a lower FoV than normal (sometimes actually causing me dizziness/nausea), or deal with having huge black borders on the top and bottom of my screen.

In PoE's case, I have been forced to play in 1080p in windowed mode to have the same FoV as most other people.

While the increased zoom levels were welcome, it isn't enough. I would love either an FoV slider or standardized FoV irrelevant to aspect ratio, or a moderate increase in available zoom levels (maybe 2-3 more ticks out).

"
Konried wrote:
How do you get the game to look like OP? I tried zooming out, and its still stuck with a huge character.

You have to shrink the vertical size of the window. Is near impossible to play like that though.

Surround/eyefinity users are having a blast though; massive viewable screen space. (http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/4409/screenshot0000am.jpg)

If the game was competitive, I'd call it cheating. (I know it has PvP arenas, but it's not actually competitive, like say Starcraft 2.)
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
Last edited by DAOWAce on Jan 24, 2013, 10:45:16 PM
Hi Everyone,

This thread caught my attention as it seemed to me the fov in POE was smaller than in D3. Everything basically seemed just a tid bit larger than in D3 at the same resolution. Using screenshots on first look everything seems the same but as someone else noted, it's not. The angle at which you see your toon is larger here than in D3. It's more of a vertical view in POE.

After trying windowed modes, I was suddenly confused. Please see below:

http://imgur.com/a/gRAAT

How is this fair when it comes to running any sort of ladders or pvp if one person can see twice as much to the sides as another one? Black bars should be added to both sides instead.
"
jan3sobieski wrote:
Hi Everyone,

This thread caught my attention as it seemed to me the fov in POE was smaller than in D3. Everything basically seemed just a tid bit larger than in D3 at the same resolution. Using screenshots on first look everything seems the same but as someone else noted, it's not. The angle at which you see your toon is larger here than in D3. It's more of a vertical view in POE.

How is this fair when it comes to running any sort of ladders or pvp if one person can see twice as much to the sides as another one? Black bars should be added to both sides instead.

+1.

Resolutions in this game are so fucked up... Dont even mention 4:3 standard... Its just laughable how UI and game looks in 4:3 (whaen other games looks normally).

And no... no black bars... resolution scaling or whatever it is should be fixed or smth.
Last edited by Kabraxis on Jan 24, 2013, 11:22:00 PM
"
Kabraxis wrote:
"
jan3sobieski wrote:
Hi Everyone,

+1.

Resolutions in this game are so fucked up... Dont even mention 4:3 standard... Its just laughable how UI and game looks in 4:3 (whaen other games looks normally).

And no... no black bars... resolution scaling or whatever it is should be fixed or smth.

Black bars or no, something has to be done. I personally don't mind because I don't play this game competitively but it does seem like it would provide an advantage to some people.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info