Application Error 0xc000007b ?

Not so good yet

Game crashes after several seconds after seeing loging screen, again another openAL error
I suppose that this is becouse of using non-64 bit oal file
Meanwhile the single "solution" i found - to disable sound device in device manager...

Just to further add to how mine is setup and some steps/testing I did in case it helps:

Installing openAL put the 64-bit dll into my system32 folder.

Running the client failed as it cannot find openAL and throws out an error stating it is not installed.

Copying the 64-bit openAL32.dll to the client folder caused the client to find it, but crashes with the 0xc000007b error as it is looking for the 32-bit version.

Replacing the 64-bit dll with the 32-bit dll in the folder allowed the client to start and play correctly with sound.

I copied the openAL32.dll (32-bit) into both my system32 and syswow64 folder, removed the one located with my client.exe (to see if it would run correctly), it did.

I put the 32-bit dll into my system32 folder, and the 64-bit dll into my syswow64 folder, removed the dll located with the client.exe and ran the client. It crashed, with the error 0xc000007c (as before).

Putting another copy of the 32-bit dll (leaving the 32/64-bit files in their respective directories) with the client.exe allowed the game to run.

When I had originally got the 0xc000007b error I did try disabling the sound card in device manager as well as using the --nosound option with the shortcut to the client, but neither option worked to resolve the error for me.

FYI, my sound card is a Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer.

I have done a complete reinstall of my 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium and the installer now works and the game runs just fine.

Too bad it took a reinstall of the OS to fix this issue.
none the less its done and works.
Glad to hear you got it working, even if it took a bit of work.

I almost went that route as well.
"
Luthion_187 wrote:
I have done a complete reinstall of my 64-bit Windows 7 Home Premium and the installer now works and the game runs just fine.

When you decided on the Complete reinstall, did you atleast take the chance on ComboFix at that point?

CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Ram : 4GB Kingston PC2-6400 5-5-5-18
Mobo: Abit KN9-Sli (NF570-Sli chipset with Realtek Audio)
GPU: ATI HD4670 1GB
HD: Maxtor 20GB - OS - Seagate 500GB - Games / Storage / PageFile
Network / ISP: Wired / Cox Cable
"
"
Luthion_187 wrote:

When you decided on the Complete reinstall, did you atleast take the chance on ComboFix at that point?

Yes, I did take the chance on combofix and it messed up my PC even more than it already was. After running combofix i got application errors on all my desktop applications/programs. So i do not recommend using this atall. The only thing that ended up working was a fresh reinstall of my OS. Guess it was worth all the trouble because it was the most fun 6 hours i have had gaming in a long time. PoE is a great game, and i hope they have more open beta weekends soon, or more closed beta keys!
Last edited by Luthion_187 on Apr 2, 2012, 10:07:56 PM
Sorry to hear it messed it up more. Glad you enjoyed what little you did get to try out.

I'm watching the Timer on the main page. :)
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Ram : 4GB Kingston PC2-6400 5-5-5-18
Mobo: Abit KN9-Sli (NF570-Sli chipset with Realtek Audio)
GPU: ATI HD4670 1GB
HD: Maxtor 20GB - OS - Seagate 500GB - Games / Storage / PageFile
Network / ISP: Wired / Cox Cable
"
Sorry to hear it messed it up more. Glad you enjoyed what little you did get to try out.

I'm watching the Timer on the main page. :)
Its all good, iam just glad i had time to try it out :) Iam also watching the timer. I did also read in the news section that they may be opening up micro transactions soon(3-5 days). And that donators will be getting closed beta keys. I think GGG deserves all the donations we throw at them! I will definatly be donating not only for beta access but for all thier hard work!
After some additional reaserch I have some conclusions about the reason the problem appears.

1) This happens to users with X-Fi ExtremeGamer (and i suppose other X-Fi sound cards)

This is becouse X-Fi has override over openAL in order to things work, while game installation of openAL overwrites those files or just goes into conflict

What should be done:

2) a) If X-Fi is your primary card - install:
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=352964

It will install appropriate openAL override for you and everything will be good

b) If you had X-Fi sound card in previous and now dont have: you still have parts of override in your system
And new installation of openAL just ruins everything evermore
I did not find way to fix this issue. The only way is to p ut back X-Fi card and install support pack OR reinstall windows, so no X-Fi alchemy(openAL override) will be in your system

I suppose developers should investigate this case and add some special ebhaviour for X-FI users(for example -> dont install openAL automaticaly if you do)
Last edited by Shtormovik on Apr 3, 2012, 5:40:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info