Application Error 0xc000007b ?

I am getting client .exe application error when trying to download the beta. This error occurs when i click the PoE icon on my desktop which should run the installer.

I only get this error with the path of exile installer and no other games or applications on my desktop. I even downloaded league of legends..and a few other free to play games to see if i get the same problems. But they all work fine. I also just recently installed dragon age origins, witcher 2, and mass effect 3 with no problems at all.

I have also recently ran reg-cure pro to see if i had any registry errors that could be causing this and after a few fixes it made it still gives me the error. I am about to give up.

Please shed some light as to why i am getting this error on my 3000 dollar PC and my roomate had no troubles on his 1 cent 10 year old PC.

Thanks for reading and i hope to hear back from a developer before the weekend is over, because i am eager to test out your game.

Thanks!
Last edited by Luthion_187 on Mar 30, 2012, 7:15:41 PM
looked it up for you WORM_KLEZ.E virus is what most results are coming upt with, run hijackthis, norton, avg, or w/e you have and post results please.
I have ran Eset nod 32 antivirus 5 scans and it did not find any viruses. I then uninstalled it and reinstalled my kaspersky 2010 and ran a scan. Kaspersky has not found any viruses either.

I did some research on this application error and its pointing toward a corrupt .dll file. But that doesn't make sense because every other application and game on my PC works just fine. And does not give me the error when installing. Just PoE
I looked into that Klez virus you mentioned and it seems McAfee is one of the only antivirus softwares out there that can detect and remove this virus. Iam installing the free trial right now.

I appreciate your input to my issue, and thank you my friend..i will post if McAfee can find and fix this so called Klez virus.

Sure hope this does work cause i really wanna play this bad ass game!
I was gonna suggest trying Combofix....But also right clicking the Icon and Running as ADMIN even if on the admin account.
CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Ram : 4GB Kingston PC2-6400 5-5-5-18
Mobo: Abit KN9-Sli (NF570-Sli chipset with Realtek Audio)
GPU: ATI HD4670 1GB
HD: Maxtor 20GB - OS - Seagate 500GB - Games / Storage / PageFile
Network / ISP: Wired / Cox Cable
McAfee found a virus that nod 32 and kaspersky could not find. It was a backdoor virus of some sort but not that Klev virus because i ran the McAfee Klev virus finder/removal tool and it found nothing.

I did try running the application as an admin, was one of the first things i tried. I will try combofix. Sure hope this works. I am about to resort to reinstalling my OS.

Also thanks for the advice greybear
After reading a bit about combofix it says that it has the potential to do major permanent damage to a computer(if not used by an expert).

Have you ever used combofix greybear? And is it as hard and risky to use as a lot of people say it is?

Thanks in advance.
Not sure what OS you're running but I had the same error on Windows 7 64-bit.

I copied the OpenAL32.dll (109,144 bytes) from an 32-bit installation of Win XP I had, into the same directory as Client.exe on my Windows 7 64-bit installation.

After that I was able to launch the client and download the game.

I could not get the client to launch with the 64-bit version of openAL32.dll (123,480 bytes)

Hope it helps. Took me awhile to figure out that solution for me.

Ive used it on alot of Win XP (pro / home) and a few Vista (32 / 64)...It looks for very specific items, the serious harm comes in removing them.

But if you have any reservation, best not to run it.

Check your firewall status, disable it.
Try doing a Selective Startup without the Startup Items....Start > Run > Msconfig

CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Ram : 4GB Kingston PC2-6400 5-5-5-18
Mobo: Abit KN9-Sli (NF570-Sli chipset with Realtek Audio)
GPU: ATI HD4670 1GB
HD: Maxtor 20GB - OS - Seagate 500GB - Games / Storage / PageFile
Network / ISP: Wired / Cox Cable
"
5hade wrote:
Not sure what OS you're running but I had the same error on Windows 7 64-bit.

I copied the OpenAL32.dll (109,144 bytes) from an 32-bit installation of Win XP I had, into the same directory as Client.exe on my Windows 7 64-bit installation.

After that I was able to launch the client and download the game.

I could not get the client to launch with the 64-bit version of openAL32.dll (123,480 bytes)

Hope it helps. Took me awhile to figure out that solution for me.

Confirming both bug and fix!

Also have Win 7 64 bit.
Dl-ed 32-bit version and it works.
It should be put into windows\sysWOW64 directory

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info