Clarity

Seems like Clarity is turned off when i port to another area. There are other times when i suddenly see the aura gone, but have no idea why it's gone and what did this.

Is this as it should be working ?

Witch lvl 11..
"
caminante wrote:
Seems like Clarity is turned off when i port to another area. There are other times when i suddenly see the aura gone, but have no idea why it's gone and what did this.

Is this as it should be working ?

Witch lvl 11..

I've been having a similar issue.
I know the auras de-activate upon entering a new zone and need to be recast... so that's normal.

But when I'm running multiple auras sometimes the icon is spinning on the skill list but the icon is not showing in the upper left corner and somethimes the mana isn't reserved... these three variables kinda mix n match. some active but not visible, other visible not active
I always use alternate item selection and try to put the auras on one set of swapped items, so I can activate and swap out to skills I want to cast repeatedly, and I think this may have something to do with it... Occasionally I will forget to swap my weapons, so I end up activating and deactivating an aura over and over instead of casting fireball or something spammable... the ai gets all wonky on whether the aura is active or not, and what it should be reporting on screen.

Try spamming any aura on and off quickly to see if it gets glitched.
might need a minor nerf in the mid-upper levels (its an int-based spell, not designed to give indefinite spammability to a non mana-regen build right?)

Given its a fixed value, it probably works best on characters that don't go purely for high Mana.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
bingobill wrote:
might need a minor nerf in the mid-upper levels (its an int-based spell, not designed to give indefinite spammability to a non mana-regen build right?)
I don't know, I like infinite mana. On builds with low mana it reserves most of it preventing from using other auras. On build with medium mana I could use 1 aura with 40% and clarity (both with reduced mana). I still had to invest a few points in mana and mana regen, needed some mana regen on my gear and had reduced mana support on my skills. On characters with even less mana you would have to not use any other aura or have clarity underleveled but use in combination with mana leech.

I like that you can get rid of mana potions if you put some effort into it. Makes the game a bit more pleasant to play. It's not free either (if I used more damage supports instead of reduced mana on my skills I would have to switch this aura off and use mana potions)

Nerf that I would like to see for this skill is a bit higher intelligence requirement. I agree that characters with low int should not have it too easy with mana. If they have a lot of life they can use blood magic on their main skill, paying the price but having other benefits.

"
Given its a fixed value, it probably works best on characters that don't go purely for high Mana.
On characters with purely high mana it works amazing since you get some increased mana regeneration. Then you can have this aura in addition to some more auras. I planned on getting Eldritch Battery on my claw ranger (but stopped playing him before :P) and if mana leech would be not enough, I would use clarity to push myself to the point of infinite mana and get rid of mana potions. On similar characters without mana leech (elemental damage so you can't use mind drinker and 1 more option for damage support on main skill instead of mana leech) it's really important to have clarity if you use high mana skills.
Last edited by globbi on Oct 4, 2012, 5:52:09 AM
Thats the point, it seems to me that higher mana includes higher regen, so if you're drowning in it already, this aura isn't quite as useful.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Whether it's useful or not depends solely on how much Mana you're outputting. If you're churning out LMP/Pierce/Duration/AoE Poison Arrows, you're going to need a lot of Mana to keep it up. For a summon/curse build, not so much.
Base Mana regeneration is indeed based on maximum Mana, by the way :)
Craft it down with a scouring...
I always level it to atleast level 2, I think the bonus is quite noticeable for the additional mana reservation.
I also revise my opinion that the aura is mainly for those with low mana, it becomes drastically more efficient with a higher base regeneration.
Zaanus:

___
"
Seems best at lvl1, the gain for int cost is too damn high. Or scale down the initial regen output so when you level it it feels like the gem is actually improving.

All and All, I'll continue to use it, but i'm currently looking for a new lvl 1 gem to continue with.

The progression on the gem actually improves as it gets higher.

At level 1 you get ~0.0417 mana regen/s for each mana reserved

At level 2 it's 0.0425
etc
At level 17 it's ~0.0613

Is your issue with the skill that it skips the first 2 'tiers' of 20 mana reserved and 40 mana reserved, starting at 60 mana reserver for level 1?
This is one of those auras that should reserve a % of mana instead of having a flat amount simply because the way it works right now does not make much sense, because mana regen is based on % max mana and in order to use this gem one needs a large mana pool so since i would have to invest on more mana to use the gem i would also get more mana regen making the gem useless since i would already have good mana regen thanks to the mana i had to get in order to use the gem, but characters that have mana issues cant use the gem because they dont have enough mana, so in the end those that really need this gem cant use it making this gem almost useless.
IGN:NeedMoreArms

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info