Clarity

Level 62 Ranger

Mana 582

Mana regen per second 15.1
Mana regen with clarity 30.1

mana reserved with clarity active:200

I really need this aura because my lightening arrow AOE skill (mulitple projectiles/pierce) uses 57 mana per shot.... while it's not as strong as my burning arrow, I definately need it when facing lots of enemies at once. Sounds good but I would like to run my evasion aura as well without totalling hampering my attack ability. With both on I can only attack a few times having only 227 mana available with the 2 auras active. Would love to see the reserve come down for this...seems like the regen rate increases slowly while the reserve amount goes up a lot with each level. Thanks for the great game!
What level is your Lightning Arrow? Its Mana cost ramps up really hard, while its damage output doesn't go up all that much. As such, most people keep it at either level 1 or level 6; it gains one additional target at level 6, but costs 7 more Mana (before support gem multipliers).
The next #target breakpoint lies at level 11, and will increase the base cost by 10 compared to level 6.
Its not as effective for low mana builds because the reserve is much higher in comparison to a high mana build like a witch or templar

But that actually balances it out, it would be OP for a ranger to be able to non stop spam a high lvl lightning arrow

So you choose between burst damage and let clarity refill your pool or use mana pots with a bigger mana pool

It makes choosing builds more interesting and I like that
I absolutely love this skill.
It does indeed reserve alot of mana but the regen offered is very good. Too bad I cannot find it so easy because I would use it on every character.

To answer others complaining about amount of mana reserved - that depends on the level of the gem; yoou don't need to upgrade it all the way. I have it on level 6 on my templar and I am keeping it there - it gives me about 6.7 mana regen/second which is very good.

I am keeping it up all the time, plus Tempest Shield and I'm left with about 30 mana - plenty for any skill and it refills so fast that it looks like I never run out. Well, I'm still lvl 42 :)
What's the consensus at leaving Clarity at level 1 for it's 7.7 mana regen effect? I've been thinking about using this on my SwordnBoard Ranger and leaving it at level 1.

I believe it was level 3 when it started to really eat into your mana though I can't be sure.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
The mana reservation increases linearly, at 20 per gem level. Pick whatever suits your build best, if you ask me. *shrug*
I use Clarity in a "smart" way. I don't level it as soon as it can level up. I wait until I see my attack skills starting to drain my mana too fast and until I got some extra max mana (levels, passive, equipment) and then I click that level up button. It has worked great so far. I never got into a situation that my mana pool is suddenly too small and mana regen is always good.

BTW, mana regeneration passives and item magic mods work great with clarity as they are applied after clarity bonus. So if you plan on using clarity get some mana regen for a great effect.

I think i may have an issue with that skill, i don't see any of my build where it won't be very useful.

I'm obviously talking about INT build, you don't want it on other spec i guess. But why won't you want to use clarity on int build ?

I'm probably wrong here, i'm pretty new to POE so i hope i'm wrong and that there is some case where it's not a big boost to your casting.
Last edited by super_maZon on Aug 19, 2012, 10:05:20 AM
The only exception would be Blood Magic users.
I find Mana to be an archaic and defunct method to limit skill usage. As such, I don't mind being able to obviate the entire mechanic with the Mana Leech gem that leeches off all damage, and Clarity to get ridiculous regeneration. *shrug*
Hi, I've got a level 20 witch but I don't think that matters for this particular issue. It seems whenever I level up a clarity gem while having the buff active, this odd glitch happens where if I unequip or try to use it it kind of re activates in a way. Sorry I can't explain it very well as I'm half asleep, but equip a clarity gem, activate it then level up, then play around with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info