Clarity

As a level 40 witch I cannot justify using this as it takes way to much mana in reserve. Thought it was great till it leveled up and ate over half my mana. Just use mana pots, save a slot and get added benefits from them.
This aura is good used in conjunction with +% mana regen in the passive tree.

I have mine at level 6 and use it with 5 other auras. It helps me keep my mana regen at 82 per second.
RIP Bolto
Sorry to all those that feel this is overcosted, but this skill won't be changed for general use cases.

This skill offers a direct feedback loop, mana for mana. Because of this, we need to be very careful with it.

There are definitely ways to use this aura that can be very powerful, at all levels. We need to balance this one based on the abuse cases, which makes it a bit of an expert skill gem.

On top of that it improves a whole party, and all of your caster minions.

I play a witch lvl 33 with Clarity lvl 7 and i find si so useful !
Ok, my mana pool is used for auras at 75% but i don't need my mana potions anymore now.
Well maybe , just maybe if there was any incentive for the people to play in big parties this skill gem would be extremely usefull . Imagine a support character stacking MP and auras + support passives - pretty overpowered right ? Ofc but only in a big party in which every single member would benefit . Kinda like the old Auradins if anyone still remebers them but 2-3 times better .

Personal Loot system can fix this , people will enjoy playing in party as supports / tanks etc etc - think about it GGG .

I personally use only Haste Aura since i'm playing a Aegis summoner ( haven't played since the last reset waiting for the official launch , not oging to bother lvling again to 75 + solo bleh ) .

My Witch had this along with Tempest Shield & Discipline active all at the same time.

All of these together ate up about 500 mana.

I had 100 mana in reserve to play with and I could LITERALLY never ever ever ever ever run out. Regardless of what spell I spammed I would never run out.

It regens too much too fast, it needs to be nerfed and with the nerf the mana to CAST it needs to go down also.
"
Olecrane wrote:
I play a witch lvl 33 with Clarity lvl 7 and i find si so useful !
Ok, my mana pool is used for auras at 75% but i don't need my mana potions anymore now.
that just means you don't have enough supports connected to your spells.

"
Qarl wrote:
Sorry to all those that feel this is overcosted, but this skill won't be changed for general use cases.

This skill offers a direct feedback loop, mana for mana. Because of this, we need to be very careful with it.

There are definitely ways to use this aura that can be very powerful, at all levels. We need to balance this one based on the abuse cases, which makes it a bit of an expert skill gem.

On top of that it improves a whole party, and all of your caster minions.

Maybe this should go back to the drawing board then? What's the point of putting in a skill that is only worthwhile if you can find an abusive case for it?

Also, the default aura ranges are pathetic, so even if people wanted to party (which they don't because of team loot ninja), you can only give them an aura if they're on your jock.
Personally at early levels I found clarity using waaaaay too much mana. If you don't focus mana AND put reduced mana cost with it, it will eat your mana pool faster than you can level it.

Then I socketed it with blood magic and reduced mana cost and it's fairly reasonable. However, I think it would be better balance wise if it reserved less and provided less. It will provide pretty low mana regen at that point, but I'm sure it will still be very popular.
I do tend to agree with others that this skill gem is awfully mana intensive. I can also understand there is a delicate balance at play here.

One suggestion that immediately comes to mind is the possibility of splitting this skill gem into two separate gems as is the case with the multiple projectiles support gems. The lesser version would provide lower mana regen, smaller aura AOE and lower mana reserved (say, 10 per level). While the greater would obviously have the larger AOE and larger reserves.

I also second Zaanus comments re: auras in general. In the few parties I've played in, the auras *(when present) did not seem to be terribly useful, primarily due to range. As a ranger, for example, I usually found myself outside of aura range due to positioning. If you have several melee characters bunched together and somebody in that bunch has an aura up, I can see that being useful. But if you are in a mixed party (which I would guess is far more typical), then they are difficult to use.

Finally, given the massive toll this aura can take on your mana pool, it's really annoying to have all that mana missing when you change locations. I frequently find myself having to use a mana pot just to activate Clarity and Tempest Shield (just as an example) when entering a new area.
Last edited by mesasone on Apr 15, 2012, 3:15:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info