Point Blank

"
TwiiK wrote:
In my opinion it would be more helpful if the 50% damage showed in the tooltip seeing as we pick this skill to use it in close range.

You're not always going to be hitting stuff in Melee range though.
It's a contextual modifier. It would be deceptive to always assume the maximum damage is added and display that, since that's simply not the case.
Yeah, but now I'm unsure how this actually adds to my damage.

Is it a 50% buff being added last or is it merged in with some other modifier resulting in a measly damage increase?

Much easier to see the actual damage and then try to approximate the damage loss yourself.
"
TwiiK wrote:
Yeah, but now I'm unsure how this actually adds to my damage.

Is it a 50% buff being added last or is it merged in with some other modifier resulting in a measly damage increase?

Much easier to see the actual damage and then try to approximate the damage loss yourself.
it is its own step... multiplicative modifier more/less.
This might have been asked many times before..

Does Lightning Strike work with Point Blank? I've searched the section and found both "yes" and "no" for answers, so I am very confused as to whether it works or not.
if same attack at closed range(+50%~0%) but the chain arrow over range(0%~ -100%), how much the chain damage is?(0~-100%?)
Last edited by DannyWu on May 9, 2013, 8:36:50 PM
Yeah, I'm also interested in how point black interacts with chain on Lightning strike for example, is the poing blank distance calculated from the origin point of every projectile that chains?
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Odoakar wrote:
Yeah, I'm also interested in how point black interacts with chain on Lightning strike for example, is the poing blank distance calculated from the origin point of every projectile that chains?

Currently, yes, but it sounds like that may change in the future.

Also one second, I just took a bunch of screencaps of this recently.

EDIT

"
Flickerflare wrote:
So I recently took a moment to gather a piece of information that has been requested in beta keystone and support gem feedback for a while. A visual identifier of how the Point Blank keystone effects your damage. For these testing conditions, I used Split Arrow for 80% damage effectiveness, which brings my maximum and minimum damage within 2 points of each other. I have nearly no damage spread.

This_screenshot_is_without_point_blank

This_is_the_maximum_damage_rampup

This_is_10_units:_The_maximum_range_to_attain_maximum_damage_rampup

This_is_35_units,_The_maximum_range_before_you_start_losing_damage

This_is_45_units,_A_25%_damage_loss_is_seen.

For anyone not familiar with the mechanics behind this keystone, here is a quote on what they are. The above is just a Visual Representation of what we already know.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Damage bonus/penalty is as follows:
Distance 0 to 10: 50%
Distance 10 to 35: scales linearly from 50% down to 0%
Distance 35 to 120: scales linearly from 0% down to -100%

For reference, The greatest melee weapon range is 5, cold snap has a base range of 15, and 120 is the maximum distance it's possible to shoot an arrow (it's impossible to reach this usually except sometimes when firing at the upper corners of the screen).

You lose 50% of your damage at around 60 units away. Distances past 60 units were unfeasable for me to test, nor could appropriate visual representations of such distances be made.

Currently, each time a projectile chains or forks, it's new location for point blank damage is the origin point of where the last mob was standing when hit. Piercing does not cause this.

Try this keystone out sometime, it's quite fun, and while you profit most from melee range combat, it's free damage under nearly all circumstances for an archer.

As a fun idea, Using Chin Sol, Point Blank, and Remote Mine in combination can allow 5 explosive arrows to nearly one-shot Vaal on Merciless. There is great damage potential here just waiting to be unlocked!

It is unknown to me, currently, if the damage of the explosion from an explosive arrow can be reduced by a mob running away from the location where you stuck them with the arrow. Currently the explosion seems to always grant a +50% damage boost.

Remember, Point Blank is 50% MORE damage, which means it is calculated after increased damage affixes. That means it's 50% more damage than you currently have, regardless of your passives.
Last edited by Flickerflare on Jun 2, 2013, 7:48:48 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
TwiiK wrote:
In my opinion it would be more helpful if the 50% damage showed in the tooltip seeing as we pick this skill to use it in close range.

You're not always going to be hitting stuff in Melee range though.
It's a contextual modifier. It would be deceptive to always assume the maximum damage is added and display that, since that's simply not the case.

Nevertheless, Freezing Pulse has "innate point blank - ability", and it shows maximum possible damage (which is unaccessible even, i think). Why dont make it show average damage too, then?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
Nevertheless, Freezing Pulse has "innate point blank - ability", and it shows maximum possible damage (which is unaccessible even, i think). Why dont make it show average damage too, then?

That would be equally pointless; I don't see the need to change it from one deceptive number to another.
This is an example of why we need FCT or a damage log. Good skill idea nonetheles.
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info