Culling Strike

"
tueurmaxee wrote:
Hi ,
What does culling strike does to reflect Physical / Elemental Damages when you hit them below 10% HP ?

-It One shot you
-It reflect the damage of 10% monster life
-Nothing

I'm pretty scared of doing those mobs with my Power Syphon build :(

Thanks you for Answer !
culling doesn't get reflected, it an effect instead of damage. so the answer is: nothing.
Thanks man ! :)
Does this work on bosses (not uniques monsters, but bosses, like Hillock, Brutus and Merveil)? If yes: shouldn't it be better if removed for these types of monsters?
i like this game. i mean have you seen how powerful is the barbarian
Yep, culling works on bosses. But for bosses, it seems to be a rather ho-hum gem to link to your main attack. After all, consider the opportunity cost of the gem slot. It may be considered "OP" if bosses had some sort of "super uber berserk mode" at 10% or less HP and culling just said "NOPE.jpg", but as it stands, it seems fine.
I use culling strike with my double strike linked with faster attacks and added fire damage...but idk if it works or not how would you know if it works? is there some kind of visual effect to it?
"
xext313 wrote:
I use culling strike with my double strike linked with faster attacks and added fire damage...but idk if it works or not how would you know if it works? is there some kind of visual effect to it?

when you hit something with 10% or less with culling it shows the visual effect of it dying
ign: reidan
NVM.
IGN: Tjoen
Last edited by Tjoen on Feb 23, 2014, 5:29:36 PM
Does DMG bonus works with Damage over Time? For Example Culling Strike with Poision Arrow.
If monster have 11% hp it will live through explosion but will dmg bonus from Culling Strike be appplied to Poison Cloud?
"
Zombie_Addict wrote:
Does DMG bonus works with Damage over Time? For Example Culling Strike with Poision Arrow.
If monster have 11% hp it will live through explosion but will dmg bonus from Culling Strike be appplied to Poison Cloud?
the DoT will get boosted in damage from the universal damage boost on the gem, but the culling (the instakill) does not work with DoT.
My strategic advise: don't put Culling Strike on your main attack. This needlessly diminishes the damage of your main attack, which is for getting the enemy down to 10% health a.s.a.p. The culling strike is for finishing them off once they get there. So link it to a secondary attack or movement skill.
Last edited by Jutter on May 8, 2014, 11:53:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info