Culling Strike

"
LadyDevimon wrote:
I have a question to this effect.

Lets say i use Heavy Strike and link to it:

- Item Rarity
- Item Quantity
- Culling Strike

If i hit the mob and it dies due the "Culling Strike" effect, does the Item Rarity and Item Quantity support count or not?

Or in other words, is the "Culling Strike" degeneration?

Culling strike is definitely not degeneration, however, it was being applied after the actual hit of damage had been dealt and the effects of iir/iiq supports no longer applied. I have moved it to apply at the time life is reduced, so that those supports will work with Culling Strike in future. Thanks for bringing the matter to my attention.
does this mean i can add culling strike effectively to a curse?
Curses don't deal damage and so don't hit enemies. Therefore culling strike will not be applied.
Doesn't work with the fire on the ground from Fire Trap. Is it not intended to work with degradation effects?
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/36608
FAQ made through many hours of enduring global chat in Normal

Degeneration doesn't 'hit' enemies so it can't apply culling strike.
Still have yet to see a leveled gem. Does it get increased damage, increased attack speed, bigger culling %?
TehHammer is not a crime!
Would this work with minions? That could be semi useful.
I confirmed that I am still in HC league. Then I died.
There's no reason it shouldn't.
If i have this linked to Infernal Blow, will Culling Strike work with the AoE damage?

Also curious to know if it will work with Molten Shield's AoE, I don't see why it wouldn't since it hits.
"
Tritone wrote:
If i have this linked to Infernal Blow, will Culling Strike work with the AoE damage?

Also curious to know if it will work with Molten Shield's AoE, I don't see why it wouldn't since it hits.
Yes and yes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info