(HC/SC) Facebreaker + Cyclone - Fists of Fury Duelist [Videos Included]

Yep, same results. Armour down from 25k to 22k. Sigh. :|
I am currently using facebreaker + bringer of rain + blood dance and cyclone. The build is fantastic. Only problem I face is desync'ing. lol.

I am level 74.
Passive skill tree build

My gear looks like this:
Spoiler

I am thinking of getting the 7th frenzy charge. And I am thinking of dropping IR & grace now after the patch. Currently, I am running Determination + Purity + Hatred + Grace on mana so I cannot cast blood rage, warlock's mark or frenzy for the time being (Still thinking of how to fix this) lol.
Hey, this build looks interesting. Since I like big dps numbers, how much dps should I expect for late game with good gear?
IGN: SoulCrasher_
20k if you can scrape together some leech on your gear, 15-16k if not (with life leech).
So basically 30-40k effective dps since Cyclone tooltip is halved.
Currently lvl26, but I can't use cyclone yet due to not having enough mana, it just runs out after a few secs. What should I do?

Last edited by starmanwarz on Jul 22, 2013, 12:51:06 PM
Welp, Kripp is apparently talking about Facebreaker builds now, so get it together while it's cheap.

That said, between Abyssus and Bringer of Rain, which would you guys recommend? I personally might lean towards Abyssus for a bit more survival (not to mention that massive flat damage, holy crap) since you get to use a chestpiece meaning either more links, more DPS with Foxshade or ultra survivability via Kaom's Heart (in Standard anyway, Anarchy here).

Oh, and also I've been finding Infernal Blow superior to Cyclone in every way. Maybe I just like making skeletons explode into blood mist and meat a little too much, who knows. Currently sitting at around 5100 tooltip DPS with Hatred up on my Infernal Blow at L60.
Last edited by NightfallGemini on Jul 22, 2013, 4:57:18 AM
Meh. Our build is hardly new. We've got 50+ pages worth of discussion on facebreaker cyclone already on the Duelist forum alone. A lot of us have been playing some variation since the cyclone skill came out, and pretty much have tested anything and everything you can think of. So let the gear prices go up... :D

It's nice that more people are acknowledging the power of facebreaker though, esp. someone as famous as Kripp.

---
@NightfallGemini Discussion of Bringer vs. Abyss

---
Is it the new trend to quote actual cyclone dps values (the x2 one) instead of tooltip dps? Somehow I find this practice to be slightly less distasteful than quoting armor values under granite. I do suppose it is technically true though.
Toupy - Lv93 Facebreaker Cyclone Duelist
Last edited by Myrthr on Jul 22, 2013, 5:54:08 AM
"
starmanwarz wrote:
Currently lvl26, but I can't use cyclone yet due to not having enough mana, it just runs out after a few secs. What should I do?

Anyone knows? Maybe I am supposed to run a different skill until late game?
"
starmanwarz wrote:
"
starmanwarz wrote:

Anyone knows? Maybe I am supposed to run a different skill until late game?

Try running splash+InfernalBlow/DominatingBlow. Those two skills work fairly well with our gear.
Toupy - Lv93 Facebreaker Cyclone Duelist
Another kind of cool option to go with gearing would be using a Rime Gaze combined with a Kaom's for the extreme health pool while still having an effective 5L. You would be hardpressed to get the Rime Gaze to be the right colours, but if you can afford a Kaom's, it shouldn't really be a problem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info