PC servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .

0.9.8 Patch Notes

"
Sickness wrote:
How much damage does it give? Anyone know?

Just speculation, but I'm guessing 25% more damage (similar to pain attunement).
ETA for Ironwill keystone?
"
Kabraxis wrote:

More interesting skills and "real" supports like RICOCHET PROJECTILES, TRAP SUPPORT GEM or PROJECTILES SPLIT ON IMPACT, PROJECTILE -> CHANNELING SKILL CHANGE, MELLE SKILL -> WEAPON THROW, ETC... this is fun.
Killing monster with 10% HP in one hit without even graphical notification at all or making skill hit stronger form far distance WITHOUT NOTIFICATION what distance it is at all and again without graphical effect IS NOT.

D3 has like a handful of skills for each class that are not really unique in any way. The rune system is just an easy way to add some level of depth to an utterly lacking skill system. There is virtually zero character customization at all and the game basically builds your character for you. Imho its a trash arpg from everything I have seen, and if that is what you like than go play silly pokemon mmos or something.

"
Kabraxis wrote:
u mad?

/lol

This is not D3 vs PoE or PoE player>D3 players bullshit thread so stop your offensive thrashtalk because srsly no one cares. Thx.

Also i suggest taking some exercises in reading comprehension because your response is totally irrelevant and offtopic.

kkthxbye.

I am not the one making the D3 skill comparisons, that was you. Im just defending poe as it is a much more engaging skill system.
Last edited by thepmrc on Mar 29, 2012, 12:06:01 PM
"
Lo4f wrote:
"
Sickness wrote:
How much damage does it give? Anyone know?

Just speculation, but I'm guessing 25% more damage (similar to pain attunement).

I believe it starts at 36%
Beta Member Since 0.9.0 | Current Character : ExExCorpse
Creator of Prismatic Rings AND Unique Thief's Torment Prismatic Ring
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Guide to Loot Filters - Here
"
Skelecross wrote:
"
Torin wrote:
(...)
Because you get only a few slots for support gems, most of the game you will have 1+3 support.
You still need to collect strength passives on the tree as well as get more strength mods on items.
They only free you from spending one passive point while nerfing everything else about it.

Yes, but this allow you to go with totally different tree zones. Instead spending 5-7 nodes on road to Iron Grip keystone (attributes nodes) you can unlock zones with "effect" nodes. I believe on higher levels "effect nodes" gives larger advantages than "attributes nodes". Of course, if you need more keystones from "inner zone", you don't want to use this support gem, but in other situations, this gems can give you great help in character planning.

That is all true IF the keystones are still in the tree. If they just replaced them with these support gems then this is not true.

"
Torin wrote:
"
Skelecross wrote:
"
Torin wrote:
(...)
Because you get only a few slots for support gems, most of the game you will have 1+3 support.
You still need to collect strength passives on the tree as well as get more strength mods on items.
They only free you from spending one passive point while nerfing everything else about it.

Yes, but this allow you to go with totally different tree zones. Instead spending 5-7 nodes on road to Iron Grip keystone (attributes nodes) you can unlock zones with "effect" nodes. I believe on higher levels "effect nodes" gives larger advantages than "attributes nodes". Of course, if you need more keystones from "inner zone", you don't want to use this support gem, but in other situations, this gems can give you great help in character planning.

That is all true IF the keystones are still in the tree. If they just replaced them with these support gems then this is not true.

These Support Gems probably don't replace Keystones.
It's good to see that you guys are willing to attempt big changes like the 0.9.7 armor/damage adjustments and admit when it didn't go and plan and try something else rather than the industry standard "Working as intended"
"
beertruck wrote:
"Added a new support gem - Iron Will: Spells supported by this gem have the strength melee damage bonus applied to them."

I predict some OP discharge/molten shield builds. Guess we need to see the gem first though.

I take it you don't play on hardcore...lol "OP molten shield builds"
edit: and seriously guys quit bitching about skills you haven't even seen yet
Last edited by Exmorda on Mar 29, 2012, 12:19:26 PM
I've another question for GGG. It seems you worry a lot about the melee bonus from strength being useless for rangers and casters. But what about dexterity being useless for most of the casters and the ones using resolute technique ? And what about intelligence being useless for most of the fighters, especially the ones with blood magic ?
That doesn't look fair to me...
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Let's try to stay on the topic of 0.9.8 changes, not how PoE compares to D3 in the big picture. Thanks.

{Deleted the most off-topic and offensive post in that series.}
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info