0.9.8 Patch Notes

"
Kabraxis wrote:
(...)

In PoE ALL OF THEM are like that so my point is still that in this matter D3>PoE. Dont even mention that D3 has far more interesting active skills overall.
Oh.... and in PoE most of support gems dont even change skill art and efefects (elemental dmg gems for example) so another point for D3... sadly.

More interesting skills and "real" supports like RICOCHET PROJECTILES, TRAP SUPPORT GEM or PROJECTILES SPLIT ON IMPACT, PROJECTILE -> CHANNELING SKILL CHANGE, MELLE SKILL -> WEAPON THROW, ETC... this is fun.
Killing monster with 10% HP in one hit without even graphical notification at all or making skill hit stronger form far distance WITHOUT NOTIFICATION what distance it is at all and again without graphical effect IS NOT.

Couple more patches like that and this game changes in Excel HnS Online with bot support (to kill this boring monsters in some way).
I like complexity and dont like simplicity of D3 but dont push in other way throwing tons of worthless and useless things that i dont even know how they work and if they work when i slot them because game not show this in any way.

MORE CREATIVITY - its what PoE needs most. ATM PoE looks like game made with help "Generic HnS maker 2012" or "aRPG for dummies".

You need more gameplay or graphical modifications? In D3 you can modify your skills, in PoE you can practically create new skills. In D3 you can choose character builds from closed lists, in PoE you can easily make some crazy builds like spells oriented warrior.

And at least, in D3 you already know all skills and all skills modification, in PoE most crazy skills and support are still in production.

"aRPG for dummies"?!? In D3 you can totally change all you builds without any problems and costs... Try that in PoE.
Last edited by Skelecross on Mar 29, 2012, 11:05:04 AM
"
Bulkathos wrote:
i expect to have implanted pvp in 098 :(

i wish to be a plant as well. i want leaves.
"
J05H_DA wrote:
"
Bulkathos wrote:

i wish to be a plant as well. i want leaves.

Chlorophyll rulz... Better than alcohol.
Cant run game, all time client crash after this patch,
packcheck also crashing with same error. If needed i add translarion.
UPD. trying redownload client also get this error when launcher starting dowload content file after restart launcher it freezing on "checking resourses part".
Last edited by ykyshaeq on Mar 29, 2012, 11:41:22 AM
"
Bulkathos wrote:

What made you expect that? They never said it would. Wishful thinking? I think we all have that. :)
Appreciate the hard work as usual.

Don't want to say anything even before testing new support gems, but i must mention that these support gems also worry me as they do to others, even though there won't be coming more.

Being said that, i must ask a few things to GGG about 0.9.8 serie, which have been sticking in my mind for a long time;

● Any upcoming change/improvement about gem levelling mechanic ?
● Any upcoming change/improvement of monsters' AI ?
● Any upcoming change/improvement for colision ?
● When should we expect to be implemented the resistance overhaul (both monsters, for difficulty penalties & general balance)
● Could you please add very much needed informations of updated behaviours of gems (whenever exists) from now on ? (So that we could read the exact changes when we pass on a new patch.)

* PS: I'm asking these if there will be any of them being started for to be implemented strictly for this serie, otherwise i'm already aware of Manifesto.

Thanks for reading,
All the best.
"This is too good for you, very powerful ! You want - You take"
Last edited by BrecMadak on Mar 29, 2012, 11:19:49 AM
"
Kabraxis wrote:
Will we ever get "real" support gems in PoE? Just look at some rune effects in D3 and you will know what im talking about.

BTW. Is this new politic? Each keystone as a gem?

You have some great graphics and art in this game but most mechanic stuff (skills atc..) is so fukin generic and boring. :) And each new patch is worse in these mattert tbh (more generic supoort gems, more generic elemental skills, SUPER-GENERIC auras).

Why you add 10 genenric auras and XX generic supports when you must focus on creating interesting monsters, boss fights, Voiceovers and itemization (uniques are lacking in 90% cases)?

I really hope that future patches will be more creative (real/fun supports, monster behavior, etc..). BEcause current way of PoE development (throwing tons of generic content to produce pseudo-complexity) is dissapointing.

And if i may have my 2 cents - showing the game to vide audience on this stage is very big mistake. You will be bashed for boring monsters, no tutorials and sucky (no rewarding) drop rate - trust me. PPL will play for two days - they kill 23343 boring skeletons and bandits, if they will be extremely lucky they will have one unique drop and then they go to FB and write - "game is bleh".

Bottom line - the last patches was very dissapointing... this one is disapointing too. No because its content (i know its only a week) but because overall way of changes and progresion of the game.

*vomit*
"
Kabraxis wrote:

In PoE ALL OF THEM are like that so my point is still that in this matter D3>PoE. Dont even mention that D3 has far more interesting active skills overall.
Oh.... and in PoE most of support gems dont even change skill art and efefects (elemental dmg gems for example) so another point for D3... sadly.

More interesting skills and "real" supports like RICOCHET PROJECTILES, TRAP SUPPORT GEM or PROJECTILES SPLIT ON IMPACT, PROJECTILE -> CHANNELING SKILL CHANGE, MELLE SKILL -> WEAPON THROW, ETC... this is fun.
Killing monster with 10% HP in one hit without even graphical notification at all or making skill hit stronger form far distance WITHOUT NOTIFICATION what distance it is at all and again without graphical effect IS NOT.

Couple more patches like that and this game changes in Excel HnS Online with bot support (to kill this boring monsters in some way).
I like complexity and dont like simplicity of D3 but dont push in other way throwing tons of worthless and useless things that i dont even know how they work and if they work when i slot them because game not show this in any way.

MORE CREATIVITY - its what PoE needs most. ATM PoE looks like game made with help "Generic HnS maker 2012" or "aRPG for dummies".

I'm pretty sure the secret gem Chris talking about is exactly that: trap, throw, split etc... They have referred many times to such concept that we did not get to test yet. I still think the game is a long way to open beta or release, from GGG's point of view.
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
"
Chris wrote:
Added a new support gem - Melee Damage on Full Life: While you're on full life, melee skills supported by this gem deal increased physical damage.

How much damage does it give? Anyone know?
"Added a new support gem - Iron Will: Spells supported by this gem have the strength melee damage bonus applied to them."

I predict some OP discharge/molten shield builds. Guess we need to see the gem first though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info