0.9.8 Patch Notes

"
Torin wrote:
(...)
Because you get only a few slots for support gems, most of the game you will have 1+3 support.
You still need to collect strength passives on the tree as well as get more strength mods on items.
They only free you from spending one passive point while nerfing everything else about it.

Yes, but this allow you to go with totally different tree zones. Instead spending 5-7 nodes on road to Iron Grip keystone (attributes nodes) you can unlock zones with "effect" nodes. I believe on higher levels "effect nodes" gives larger advantages than "attributes nodes". Of course, if you need more keystones from "inner zone", you don't want to use this support gem, but in other situations, this gems can give you great help in character planning.
Last edited by Skelecross on Mar 29, 2012, 9:18:58 AM
+Melee dmg on full life is also for Dex/Int claw class. Defintely designed for melee chaos innoculation.
ROFL_Meat | ROFL_Sorc | ROFL_Sausage
"
Gafgarion wrote:
+Melee dmg on full life is also for Dex/Int claw class. Defintely designed for melee chaos innoculation.

Yeah, build with this two things can be awesome in future.
"
Kabraxis wrote:
Will we ever get "real" support gems in PoE? Just look at some rune effects in D3 and you will know what im talking about.

-snip-

Most of the rune effects in D3 are just a few veriations with different art. Turn a single target into aoe, cone aoe, DOT or extra damage. There aren't really that many unique rune effects in D3, they just make them look flashy.

I would consider culling strike and point blank to be on par with D3s "uniqueness."
Last edited by Epicurwin on Mar 29, 2012, 10:35:11 AM
"
Chris wrote:
The philosophy is that side areas are hard :)

Heh, as a hardcore player, i'd prefer the reverse, or equal difficulty. If optional areas are more difficult, it's hard to justify going through them. I'd rather the areas you're forced to go through be harder, if anything.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Wait wait, secret whatnow?
"
Epicurwin wrote:
"
Kabraxis wrote:
Will we ever get "real" support gems in PoE? Just look at some rune effects in D3 and you will know what im talking about.

-snip-

Most of the rune effects in D3 are just a few veriations with different art. Turn a single target into aoe, cone aoe, DOT or extra damage. There aren't really that many unique rune effects in D3, they just make them look flashy.

I would consider culling strike and point blank to be on par with D3s "uniqueness."

In PoE ALL OF THEM are like that so my point is still that in this matter D3>PoE. Dont even mention that D3 has far more interesting active skills overall.
Oh.... and in PoE most of support gems dont even change skill art and efefects (elemental dmg gems for example) so another point for D3... sadly.

More interesting skills and "real" supports like RICOCHET PROJECTILES, TRAP SUPPORT GEM or PROJECTILES SPLIT ON IMPACT, PROJECTILE -> CHANNELING SKILL CHANGE, MELLE SKILL -> WEAPON THROW, ETC... this is fun.
Killing monster with 10% HP in one hit without even graphical notification at all or making skill hit stronger form far distance WITHOUT NOTIFICATION what distance it is at all and again without graphical effect IS NOT.

Couple more patches like that and this game changes in Excel HnS Online with bot support (to kill this boring monsters in some way).
I like complexity and dont like simplicity of D3 but dont push in other way throwing tons of worthless and useless things that i dont even know how they work and if they work when i slot them because game not show this in any way.

MORE CREATIVITY - its what PoE needs most. ATM PoE looks like game made with help "Generic HnS maker 2012" or "aRPG for dummies".
Last edited by Kabraxis on Mar 29, 2012, 10:50:55 AM
"
Kabraxis wrote:

-snip-

There is one problem. Diablo 3 is more about active skills, and PoE is more about passive skill tree. While "rune effetcs" affect only active skills, support gems affects your active skills and passive tree in the same time. Some of support skills gives you new possibilities in passive tree, and other can be heavily supported with right passive build. You must construct a symbiosis between this two elements.
Does power siphon still have culling strike ?

And still no way to get power charges for melee, sadly...
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
i expect to have implanted pvp in 098 :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info