So, how strong is the story/lore in this game?

Hi guys-
I'm attracted to RPG's for the story that the game is based on, and the evolution of that story. I do not enjoy spending hours of my time mindlessly killing things-hence my lack of respect for D3-what I require is something that engages my mind, lets me see and experience something new.
So, please tell me-whats the story in this game?
Its a bit sad to look at the website here, and I can see the following:

Passive Skill Tree
Classes
Areas
Monsters
Monster Auras
Item Data
Skills
Leagues
Beta Manifesto
etc

but what about Lore? Give me some background, dammit! Who am I, what is my world, where did the monsters come from, who are the dieties that influence this world..give me a story grrr!!!!!!

much love,
Eli
omg you have put the lore/stories inside "Areas". Areas implies locations/geography/maps.. how did this get past the QA fella??
I think the main part of the game is the grinding part. as it was in Diablo story is in the background and rather unimportant. Moreover, the story is repeated in each of the difficulty levels which will also let you down.
The story/lore of the game is still a WIP, as far as I know.
And yea, there's some lore about Act 1 and some of the monsters from Act 1; I'm sure everything will be clear once the devs get it all done.
I agree, it's time for the lore to come into play.

we feel it everywhere in the world but ATM near nothing.

at least something about the Far Past of Wraeclast, any lore, any legend will do the job to lit the fire of our imagination!
... nothing
It needs work.
ARPGs are famous for haveing a bad, or almost no plot or story, with some times a lot of lore. You can read a little of lore from monster description and areas on the site. But don't expect a plot like good RPG or adventure games, because this is not one of them. After all this is a arpg.
"
Ragnar119 wrote:
ARPGs are famous for haveing a bad, or almost no plot or story, with some times a lot of lore. You can read a little of lore from monster description and areas on the site. But don't expect a plot like good RPG or adventure games, because this is not one of them. After all this is a arpg.

To be honest, this is not true at all.
Simply because the biggest and by far most important franchise in the genre has a great story and A LOT of lore.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
"
Tagek wrote:
"
Ragnar119 wrote:

Simply because the biggest and by far most important franchise in the genre has a great story and A LOT of lore.

If you talk about diablo, then no, it doesn't have a good story at all. It has a ton of lore, but story, not that much compared to other RPG games.
"
Ragnar119 wrote:
"
Tagek wrote:
"
Ragnar119 wrote:

If you talk about diablo, then no, it doesn't have a good story at all. It has a ton of lore, but story, not that much compared to other RPG games.

After I read the Diablo 3: Book of Cain, I must sadly disagree. So much things I didn't knew about the lore and story from the creation of the universe of Diablo world to the end of Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction!!!
I think Diablo 3 will have a great story to tell.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info