Delaile's Fire Build Video Guide Double Curse Fireball Action

"
Burn damage talents will just lead to you using orb of regrets.

Assuming you cast twice per second and have LMP,

unmodified burn would deal 5.5% of your total DPS.

For starters, most enemies wouldn't even survive a critical fireball, so this only applies to bosses.

Spending 3-6 talent points on 5% more dps against only bosses is a complete waste of time, 2k dps LMP fireball(conc/pene not displayed) can kill the easier map bosses in literally 5 seconds.

yes i totaly agree with that, like you can see in my videos i posted, there you see what a 5linked fireball with gmp+conc effec and so on can do;-) the burning damage is not really needed and like i already wrote, i just spend 3 points for burning.
i edited the stuff in the build post and mentioned this stuff for preventing confusion...
thank!
Last edited by Hulio225 on Mar 9, 2013, 6:13:10 AM
What do you guys think about this CI version of the build?
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAP0BbwLjB2MHpQ5IES8RUBGWFLAV1xXnFr8abB3ZHwIpTyycLL80CjbFNtg5UjowOtg74TyOQ1RG10kbSbJN2E5tT79WY1crV8lYB1iuW1ldxl3yXypgbWZPa9ttGXBScNVzU3OzdFV65nzOf8aBSYFvghCCm4RIhq6HZYhCiGuLeow2jHaOZI9Gm6GcLZ1jnaOdrp48n7Sio6SxpwinK6yYr7eyOLUEtve2-riTu9a8N8BRwFTBxcHzw23Q0NR81U_Xhtgk3fPed9-w4vfjhOQi5Y7mgedq6-Tr7uwY7DjsVfBr8WzyHfPq96b31_yr

I saw the possible mana issues, so I got 78% increased mana.
- How did you figure the unmod burn damage is 5.5% of your DPS? It's actually 4/3 your dps over 4sec, which is 33% your dps per second for 4 seconds.

- Concentrated Effect only works on the Area damage, which is the explosion around the main target. The main target itself isn't affected by this extra dmg, making it useless for boss fights.

- Only the strongest burn degeneration takes place, other burning proc that is lower DoT will not override the strongest one.

Seriously read the wiki b4 you write such a guide.

- Nice build using all 120 points!

- Taking all those Fire dmg and crit nodes, good luck surviving in higher maps.

- As above, your map vid is too much hit and run, try using Elemental Proliferation, max burn dmg, searing touch, chance to ignite, 20% fireball, you can easily 1 shot most mobs.

I'm lvl 79, solo mapping is cake.

This build is awful.
IGN DuongThapNgu
Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/238153
Edit: Nvm double posted.
IGN DuongThapNgu
Last edited by xzken on Mar 13, 2013, 5:02:49 PM
"
xzken wrote:
- How did you figure the unmod burn damage is 5.5% of your DPS? It's actually 4/3 your dps over 4sec, which is 33% your dps per second for 4 seconds.

its 4/3 of your dps assuming you cast 1 fireball and then wait 4 seconds to let the burning damage take place and then cast another fireball, but im pretty sure most people dont wait around for their burning damage to tick and then shoot another fireball, if your gear and spec isnt awful you are going to be killing stuff within seconds, so burning damage is basically useless

"
xzken wrote:

- Concentrated Effect only works on the Area damage, which is the explosion around the main target. The main target itself isn't affected by this extra dmg, making it useless for boss fights.

the only time concentrated effect is useless is when your fireball doesnt explode on something (like pierce) but since the fireball is actually exploding on a target, the bonus damage from conc effect is factored in on single target as well.

"
xzken wrote:

try using Elemental Proliferation, max burn dmg, chance to ignite, 20% fireball, you can easily 1 shot most mobs.

-elemental proliferation sucks, i dont think anyone with an IQ above 60 takes this
-burn damage is awful and a waste of talent points.
-chance to ignite is also a waste of a gem slot.

you mention using Elemental Proliferation, max burn dmg, chance to ignite, 20% fireball... and then you mention 1 shotting mobs... none of these things have anything to do with 1 shotting mobs, just for increasing your burning damage and chance to ignite targets

i agree the OP's build isn't good, but your advice was just as bad
IGN: Leupacob, Cobberts
check out my shop--> http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/162312/page/1
Umm unless you tried it, don't talk like you know how it works. I'm using this build and can 1 SHOT most things in maps.

"
-elemental proliferation sucks, i dont think anyone with an IQ above 60 takes this

LMAO. Again, please DO try the combo I said before judging, EP is sick.

Burn damage is 33% per sec. But with searing touch + burn nodes, it's 82.5% per sec. Cast 1 fireball, throw 6 traps, cast another fireball, afk spam incinerate. Easy win.

Thanks for your advice, the type of advice that says "I didn't try, but I think that blah blah blah, no smart person would ever do this"

But anyways, I'm just trying to share what worked for me.
IGN DuongThapNgu
Last edited by xzken on Mar 13, 2013, 9:36:57 PM
"
xzken wrote:

- Only the strongest burn degeneration takes place, other burning proc that is lower DoT will not override the strongest one.

Seriously read the wiki b4 you write such a guide.

- Nice build using all 120 points!

- Taking all those Fire dmg and crit nodes, good luck surviving in higher maps.

- As above, your map vid is too much hit and run, try using Elemental Proliferation, max burn dmg, searing touch, chance to ignite, 20% fireball, you can easily 1 shot most mobs.

I'm lvl 79, solo mapping is cake.

This build is awful.

To the first points you got your answers already...
120 points Build as a final build idea... I m explaining the build progression in the build progression video without using all 120 points, so where is your problem?
I don't took all fire damage nodes but where is your problem? I took every reachable hp node ....
The char in the map vid is lvl 68 with bad gear in terms of hp etc. and it isn't that much hit and run... and he is one shooting the most stuff too... Again, where's your problem?
You are lvl 79 solo mapping is cake.... GZ!
Because you don't like that build and your play style is a other one, that don't meant that this build is a bad one or a very squishy one or something....
I posted this guide because several person pleased me to do that.... And it is not my first build or character which I am playing... And I don't need to read the wiki about the burning stuff to understand that I don't need it in most cases because I kill stuff to fast... In addition to that I mentioned that I don't know exactly how it works and said if the strongest burn stay on the target, chance to ignite is good than...
Maybe you read first complete posts and so on before trying to make things bad or forcing me to answer stuff multiple times...
I suppose there isn't much difference after level 70ish. Maybe 800 extra hp at most. I've been doing maps solo since I was 67ish.

Ok I didn't watch the video on skill progression, just watched the gameplay ones. But I don't know whether you are taking life nodes or crit nodes first. If you don't take crits, this build won't work very well. But if you do, you might get 1 shot by a group of rangers/flicker strikers/reflect etc etc.

I just disagree because you said burning is bad. And ofc Concentrated Effect isn't a good choice. And if this isn't too much hit and run, I guess I'm at the "face tank" status now.

I don't even take half as much offensive nodes as you do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgqCP4OTK0s

But then again, everyone has different playstyle, so just enjoy yours, sorry I was rude.
IGN DuongThapNgu
Just thought id add something that i heard about fireball and concentrated effect i cant confirm if this is true or not, this is just something i have found on a thread before.

The target that was hit by the fireball doesn't take any damage from the area of effect as it explodes out from the original target.
(so for single target damage concentrated effect would be useless if this is true)

Also some thoughts on chance to ignite, do you really want a higher chance to ignite on ANY attack, not just criticals? if so your burns will deal a lot less damage.
Personally i prefer to not use ignite and just run crit chance/crit multi/fire pen etc to increase the damage/crit chance to get a more powerfull ignite.
I guess its sort of a choice between more common weaker ignites, or less often more powerfull ignites.

Last edited by Leanord on Mar 14, 2013, 10:10:57 AM
"
xzken wrote:
I suppose there isn't much difference after level 70ish. Maybe 800 extra hp at most. I've been doing maps solo since I was 67ish.

Ok I didn't watch the video on skill progression, just watched the gameplay ones. But I don't know whether you are taking life nodes or crit nodes first. If you don't take crits, this build won't work very well. But if you do, you might get 1 shot by a group of rangers/flicker strikers/reflect etc etc.

I just disagree because you said burning is bad. And ofc Concentrated Effect isn't a good choice. And if this isn't too much hit and run, I guess I'm at the "face tank" status now.

I don't even take half as much offensive nodes as you do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgqCP4OTK0s

But then again, everyone has different playstyle, so just enjoy yours, sorry I was rude.

In your video you are lvl 79 i guess where you kill kole, i was 67 or something you have double hp compared to me and your killing time is almost exactly the same as mine... and your hp is dropping under 50% too... you just have more hp and taking comparable amounts of damage...
with better gear and lvl 79 i would have comparable hp values so i dont know exactly what you mean in addition my fireball etc would have higher lvl and i would do even more damge...
sure my build is not the "tankiest" build but if i chose the fire path i just want to do maximum damage with a fair amount of hp and survability in general.

if i want play something really tanky - facetank style i play my ci cold crit witch which is lvl 85...
perma freezing and chilling stuff + big es pool and double armor flasks which recharges on crit, freeze and stun immunity :-)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info