Delaile's Fire Build Video Guide Double Curse Fireball Action

Build Progression Video:
http://youtu.be/zlrw98Bm65s

Map Gameplay Video:
http://youtu.be/Gn2RBr0MDoM

Kole Manmode Kill:
(just to show you how much Damage those Fireballs do xD)
http://youtu.be/Xv8oMjpvH4s

In that Video i forgott to skill the Arcane Potency Nodes near the Templar start...
you should take these three Nodes too!

Build Link:

The Final Build should look more or less like this, but if you are coming that far you know whats up and you can do some optimizations to that Build by yourself.
The Burning Damage Nodes are not really needed, in most Cases everything dies so fast that the Burning is waste ;-)

Main Damage Ability "Fireball":

Links: Fireball - Concentrated Effect - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Fire Penetration - Life Leech (if you have a 5 Linked piece of Gear)

Why Concentrated Effect? -> Simply the strongest support gem for Fireball at lvl 20 it gives a 69% Damage Bonus. You will not see it when you hover the mouse over the Skill but it is applied! There are dev posts which can prove that!!

Why not Faster Casting? I prefer Fire Penetration to get the highest possible Flat Fire Damage, cause more Burning damage on Crits and advantages against Curse immune Monsters and so on...

Why not chance to ignite? There is no need if you one shoot or two shoot most stuff!

Totems:

Flametotem!

Links: Flametotem - Faster Casting - Fire Penetration - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Increased Critical Damage (If you have a 5 Linked piece of gear)

You can take something else if you dont want Critical Damage but i like Critical Damage cause the Totem has a very fast cast speed and it benefits well from it!

You can use Decoy Totem if you need it too! Or a Spelltotem with some Minions!
Thats on you what you prefer!

Auras:

There are some possibilities but, Clarity, Disciplin and Purity should do it!

Curses:

Flammability + Elemental Weakness in most Cases for max damage.
If needed you can use Temporal Chains + Elemental Weakness or Flammability.

How to play that Build:

Double Curse your foes, place Flame Totem and Cast Walls of Fireballs from max Range or go close range with Life Leech and do Man Mode 5 Fireballs in ya Face Damage :-P

Youll have low Armor so Granite Flasks with Armor Mods on it helps a lot!

Recommended Items:

The Searing Touch Unique Staff 5 or 6 Linked and a Chest with 5 or 6 Linked.

Some Information:

With that Build and used support Gems you must consider that it looks like your Damage is low but you have always to calculate your double curse + penetration + concentrated effect multipliers into the displayed DPS of Fireball.
My Templar(lvl 68) is using that Build and his Fireball DPS is peaking at 20k DPS and Flame Totem DPS at 10k DPS.
Obviously there are some variations possible to that Build in terms of Life Nodes and some strength and dex nodes if needed.
This Guide should be seen as a idea or possibility how to make a fire witch.

Cheers
Last edited by Hulio225 on Mar 14, 2013, 9:52:25 PM
one thing,

'Why not chance to ignite? I dont want that non crits overwrite burning from crits!

the burn that comes from the highest damage takes priority i thought?

edit: another thing just to add to the list of fire attacks, theres fire trap or firestorm/spell totem.

edit again: just watched the video seems like a pretty good build, similar to my build except i didn't go for 2 curses. which im tempted to respec and try :)
Last edited by Leanord on Mar 8, 2013, 12:58:18 PM
"
Leanord wrote:
one thing,

'Why not chance to ignite? I dont want that non crits overwrite burning from crits!

the burn that comes from the highest damage takes priority i thought?

edit: another thing just to add to the list of fire attacks, theres fire trap or firestorm/spell totem.

edit again: just watched the video seems like a pretty good build, similar to my build except i didn't go for 2 curses. which im tempted to respec and try :)

yes actually i am leveling a fire trap too... linked with fire pen, chance to ignite and elemental proliferation... should be very nice too ill add that later to this guide.

and to the burn thing, i am not 100% sure how the mechanics on that work, if the highest damage has priority and low hits dont overwrite ignite its good to take chance to ignite otherwise its wasted^^^but even if its like you said, there would be just place in a 6linked for that in my opinion!
Last edited by Hulio225 on Mar 8, 2013, 1:13:01 PM
First off - thank you sooo much for this guide. I rolled fire following a molten shell/fireball guide from Phox which has worked well, but dps just doesn't compare to what the Ranger can put out in our group. Since I don't want to be a burden on dps for the map runs, I was looking for some experimentation.

A word on Ignite - it helps against any type of reflect mob. I've used it very effectively to hit a mob with it once, and let ignite do the rest of the work. The ignite damage does not reflect back.

In regard to lack of Chaos Inoculation or EB - do you find that you have trouble with either mana to sustain spamming the Fireball or chaos damage in maps?

Ultimately, if you have any words on how this works in maps, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!!!
I took EB in that build and with that you have no bigger problems with mana. the buff effect and inner force nodes amplify your auras so clarity regenerates alot of mana and with a huge mana pool your base mana reg is very decent so thats not a big problem.

to the chaos damage stuff, it simply depends if you have chaos resi or not, and when you have a decent life pool with some chaos resi stuff its not a big deal!

soloing maps is not a big problem in most cases if you play right. if you have hard mobs which are fast and stuff you curse them with temporal chains and place your flame totem and kite them a bit around it. in grps is mapping absolutely no problem.
you could even curse temporal chains + enfeeble if you want that....

you can play pretty defensive if your gear isnt good, just curse stuff of screen place flame totem and shoot fireballs at max range...
Excellent! Thank you for the response.

I was using EB before and mana wasn't an issue for me - but life was. I'm sure with gear it would have gotten up into the 2k range as I see in your video.

Sadly, I spent all of my respec points and 5 regrets this morning to go into CI and with the extra points not spent into life nodes, I was able to raise my dps by about 800.

So it looks like I'll be back to spamming for regrets :)
at the moment i am uploading a gameplay video in a easy 66 map! you can make your own opinion than !
On my phone now but want to look at this later.
IGM: CowsCows
IGN: MooCows
Instead of the Searing Touch Staff, I was considering using the below wand/shield setup for end game with a similar build. What do you guys think?

IGN: _Treble || Path__Finder || Richest_Mule_NA || PM me if I am offline
My Items Shop:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/268002
Last edited by Slisk on Mar 8, 2013, 6:56:41 PM
In regard to going with a wand and shield - the two pieces that you linked essentially make you more in the realm of survivability rather than pure dps. The Searing Touch staff can (I believe) roll up to an additional 120% dmg to your main fire attacks.

Want to melt faces, or survive a melt of your face - that's the deciding factor :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info