Cyclone!

This is the greatest addition to PoE since the first line of code. I will give the game another chance simply for this skill alone.
"
otinanai2 wrote:
This is the greatest addition to PoE since the first line of code. I will give the game another chance simply for this skill alone.

Pretty sure the first line of code was... "Let there be desyncs, and there was desyncs".

I don't know maybe I got that mixed up with Genesis.
From the youtube video it seems that mana is only consumed on hit.
"
DAYLEET wrote:

Probably to "hide and alleviate" desync frustrations related to use with the skill...

Now you won't waste your entire mana pool "spinning to win" on mobs that aren't there...
i rly need to know how attack speed movement speed and area of effect works with this skill to plan a true wwbarb in poe
"
DAYLEET wrote:

Actually, if you watch it closely, it looks like mana is only used as the skill is first initiated.

It seems as though it might work as you cast it once, and you travel a certain amount of distance, then have to change direction and cast it again. A bit more like Diablo 2, rather than Diablo 3 where you can just hold it down and move your character around at the same time.
Last edited by PhreEkGarden on Mar 9, 2013, 3:29:59 PM
"
JoOnky wrote:
i rly need to know how attack speed movement speed and area of effect works with this skill to plan a true wwbarb in poe

If the skills works like it seems, like I just said above... it's not going to be like diablo 3 where you can just run around spinning to win.

Although, I'm still planning on focusing my character around this and have a really cool idea to supplement with it, I think anyway. I think it will still be really awesome, but less overpowered than diablo 3, if you can't continuously hold it down while changing directions anywhere you want.
Double posted on accident... can't seem to delete my post though.
Last edited by PhreEkGarden on Mar 9, 2013, 3:29:25 PM
i only played diablo 2

so i got no idea how ww was in diablo 3

in diablo 2 it was an amazing skill which could be used by noobs and perfected by "not so dumb players"

with the right amount of attack speed !on the weapon! low movement speed and a certain range on the weapon aswell you could rape anything in sight (pve&pvp)

i loved it

edit: ah and if you stay in the animation when you get stunned or even freezed

Last edited by JoOnky on Mar 9, 2013, 3:39:19 PM
"
JoOnky wrote:

One might assume that the Cyclone has a base spinspeed, that can be increased by IAS from Weapons, Nodes and Gear/Gloves etc.

Maybe diminishing returns on the IAS to not make it too OP.

Regarding Movement, the Cyclone moves faster the higher movement speed you have.

It looks like the Cyclone's hitrange seems to be around 4-6 (close melee where you need to be close to do damage) and not Cleave/Sweeps range of 20.

The cyclone needs to be up close and personal to do the damage.
Increased Area of Effect will probably do wonders for it, but then again so will Concentrated Effect as well.

With Added Lightning Damage, Elemental Proliferation, Increased Area of Effect, you'd turn into your own Piety Lightning-Tornado-Ball of Fury, shocking everyone in your path! :D
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Last edited by Kwonryu on Mar 10, 2013, 5:35:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info