Twitter.com/Ecdub984
Youtube.com/Ecdub984
Twitch.tv/Ecdubs
"
ama wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Unique Nerfs
We've made some adjustments to a few unique items that were problematic. Details will be in the patch notes tomorrow.

Nerf Headhunter please!

of the extremely few unique chase items left they cant nerf/remove the biggest one. the cries would be deafening and make stuff like legacy acuity/es nerf seem small.

personally i think it should become a legacy item and not be attainable anymore like other broken as shit OP items. theres a reason why that stuff is only played in standard.
"
Iznuts wrote:
"
ama wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Unique Nerfs
We've made some adjustments to a few unique items that were problematic. Details will be in the patch notes tomorrow.

Nerf Headhunter please!

of the extremely few unique chase items left they cant nerf/remove the biggest one. the cries would be deafening and make stuff like legacy acuity/es nerf seem small.

personally i think it should become a legacy item and not be attainable anymore like other broken as shit OP items. theres a reason why that stuff is only played in standard.

Anyone who'd actually cry about hh nerf need to delete the game lolz..
There Are countless stuffs got nerfed, why suddenly cried about this clearly not intended op gear?

None of the contents needed it, plus some builds are already more expensive than hh itself, at least this league.
They have to nerf BV and winter's orb as they are getting buffed by new stuff.

Example: BV + spell focus -

spell focus - the spell shifts from AOE increase to a powerful damage multiplier as you repeatedly cast.
Since BV isn't a channel it's a cast. spell focus is adding a more damage mod, and when you first start casting it's adding AOE. So you are going to get free AOE and a more mod from the support. BV is getting a huge boost in damage unless they nerf it to zero damage, and then it will still be good.

Arc picks up faster cast speed, and it doesn't bounce out past packs as bad. Both boosts, takes a bit of damage hit, but if unleash works with it. you could save up 3 unleash charges and blast everything instantly with 3 ultra fast arcs. So you will run up to a pack hit it with a 2-3 charged unleash, and it will go poof. Rinse and repeat. We also know that chain and fork are both getting reworked. So something in who Chain works could be OP as hell with Arc as well.

Curses actually work on bosses now, so that is going to be big damage gains as well.

Channeling Skills now have a 2 whole node wheels as we see from singular focus alone, 6% cast speed, and 15% increased damage. OMG they going to nerf Winter's orb by 15% and then give it right back but also give us damage reduction and cast speed. We just going to have to passive tree invest a bit, NOOOOOO the world is ending.

If the other channeling wheel is the same or similar to singular focus they will ahve to nerf winter's orb by 30% damage to just break even where it is now. So if you actually read everyting you will go oh yeah duh, of course it needs nerfed to offset all the other boosts.

Slayer really wasn't nerfed that hard. The rate didn't change, just the fact you can't build up so much leech over time that you can offset degen on a ton of crap just cause you picked a single ascendency. Now I agree Slayer needs a rework much like zerker really needs a rework. Slayer really needed to have something more than just leech value to it. It's had that problem though from day one, people just liked the overleech cause it let you run vaal pact with no downside.

As far as Vaal skills lets face it, tapping Vaal RF then an health pot to instantly get all the life back, but doing tons of damage was just too OP. A simple helmet setup could have Vaal RF killing T15 bosses in a few moments. With zero risk or investment in RF really.

The problem is you can't just read a single sentence and then go oh no the world is ending you have to look at all the changes together.

It's called complete balance, because you have to decrease a few things when you add more ways to boost.

Meaning if you are adding a more multiplier option you can't then expect everything to stay exactly the same damage values, If you are adding 30% more channeling damage you can't expect super high damage channel spells to remain at the same level. They will be at the same level but they will take a bit of investment.

What I am seeing is everything is getting stronger, BUT.... you going to have to passive skill invest, but to offset that requirement they are giving casters ES leech so they can have some added ES defense aspects, without having to just go full life and STR building to creep into enough life pool to live.

I was slightly unnerved when I only saw caster changes but with the last paragraph, they regained my full support, they are making a wonderful job and the approach and communication with the players is exponentially better when comparing it to any other game out there.
keeperofthestars: I completely agree with everything you said. People crying wolf every time something clearly OP is nerfed to bring it more in line with worse stuff that is getting buffed, is called balancing. We do not want a game where there are 3 skills worth using, like it has been for most leagues since awakening was released really.
Its incomprehensible the way you nerf things.

Slayer, which has far lower representation than witch, hit with a major nerf that oddly applies to large one hit attacks but not the most used spells like MS because MS has tons of relatively small hits which won't be punished as much.

So you nerfed an underrepresented class, except when they used the already most commonly used melee attack that is over-represented.

It's almost like you are intentionally trying to drive people to very, very few builds rather than promote different equal ones.
mines totem up yes
"
Seems all your adjustments are around damage. Doubt it how it's gonna turn out. Because the thing makes spell casters suck is not the damage. It's the play style. Standing still and casting is very problematic against some encounters.

Yeah, that's what bothers me about what I read. They see that "delivery systems" like totems and traps and failing to consider its not just the damage but the necessity of staying out of harm's way with the current limited damage mitigation available.

I didn't plan on running this league until I saw the league rewards. But after reading the dev manifesto I just feel like changes are made to dictate the streamers choices without enough consideration to the longer lasting effects.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
sempermalum wrote:
So many tears, especially about brands, and you haven't even seen the numbers yet. People need to calm down and take a breathe.

Ps the kids that don't actually know what CI does make my day.

I think the best part about these comments are the people that clearly don’t understand some fundamental mechanics of the game eg. base crit, spell crit, resistances. And then those people defend their ignorance in multiple comments without even questioning their point of view enough to check the wiki.

I’m loving this thread.
WARNING: Do not give GGG money. Never forgive the content creator priority uncovered during 3.14 Ultimatum league.
GGG got caught giving content creators in game advantages, only when caught would they tell the player base they were doing this. This will continue, but more slyly.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info