Balance in Path of Exile: Synthesis

CI does not give 100% chaos resistance, it gives chaos damage immunity.
There should be more threshold jewels for skills without them, dont nerf leech too much, you guys killed vaal pact and make hybridization more possible so we can deal with reflect , or maybe nerf relect more
"
Souleus wrote:
CI does not give 100% chaos resistance, it gives chaos damage immunity.

So, how about: "You chaos resistance are 90%. Chaos damage does not pass energy shield"?
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
"
Technically, this is a buff.

lol
Thanks for the much needed buffs and nerfs. It's quite funny to see the tears haha.
"
"

Curses
Powerful bosses, especially the Elder and Shaper, previously had significantly less effect of curses on them, to stop Temporal Chains and Enfeeble trivialising their encounters. We've now lowered this curse effect reduction to let damage curses provide more worthwhile bonuses against bosses. Temporal Chains and Enfeeble now have a separate value of damage reduction and slow for Normal and Magic enemies compared to Rare and Unique enemies, with Rare and Unique enemies having about half as much effect. The accuracy reduction on Enfeeble has also been reduced.

If I'm reading this right it's specifically Enfeeble and Temp Chains that have their separate values vs rare and unique enemies, yes? And all other curses apply their full effect? If that's the case then I love it! Finally we can rely on damage curses to actually work against meaningful content.
It says "lowered curse effect reduction", not "removed", so full effect is unlikely.

I guess the new values are going to be something like ~60% less curse effect on Shaper & Co and ~30% less curse effect on regular bosses, resulting in similar effect of Temporal Chains / Enfeeble and much greater effect of other curses.
"
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
"
You seriously nerfed Storm Brand? It was a good clear skill but not so good at bosses... Unless you are dipshit rich it was by far not able to be "too powerful"...

Storm brand had one function I really liked: In a 4l it could curse things *WELL* offscreen (SB, CoH, curse, chain) until its duration ran out.

Other than that I found it 'okay' but not spectacular. Most of it's overpower aspect came when there were 5 out there and someone used 'recall' on the boss...

Exactly. It was really FINE and one of the few things in the game that have been well balanced, unless you could go nuts with money, then it could be dumb but none of the super rich ones I know used it as they went all that meta crap. So really no reason, especially when killing that chaos stuff which made that extreme damage possible.

And recalling didn't do anything but stick 2 brands onto the boss. The extra brands didn't do any damage.

Oh come on, i was hoping they wont nerf it but it is too strong. Deepshit rich you say? I killed uber elder on elementalist while wearing bisco amulet and perandus blazon belt, generic resist/life gloves for 3c, atziri boots, 5c helm. Well, i probably had mega broken 700ex wands did i? Shade of solaris x2 for ~100c each. And a loreweave. That is way below 10ex. And i am not a experienced uber elder killed. Less than 20 kills total. Character is public, feel free to check it out.

You know why i could do it? Because storm brand enables you to walk around freely 95% of the time. And it cant die like totems, and it strikes 40-50 times per cast. Please, educate yourself before talking nonsense.
Last edited by Ecoueses on Mar 4, 2019, 11:09:49 PM
Catchphrase for this league

"Technically, this is a buff."

Nothing else to say yet, will know more tomorrow

This is going to be so much amazingness
The leach nerf is a huge slap in the face to melee. Maybe it was too powerful as is? but you should have saved that nerf for the same patch you buff melee in.

It's w/e i guess, ggg is blind and doesn't understand balance and they never have. I'll just play occultist/elementalist anything this league and have a ridiculously easy time.

the meta is extremely fragile and too often they go at it with a brick and lo and behold noone is surprised when the meta devolves into only a couple builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info