Balance in Path of Exile: Synthesis

"
vio wrote:
afaik, synthesis requires you to cast spells and collect items while being threatened by the void to move move move!!

good luck convincing players to not use totem builds

there are spells do a good job on thier own,like meta BV/WO also there is avalanche of magma balls(few cast and just speed run in their wake)
Last edited by Nibelton on Mar 4, 2019, 7:04:49 PM
Sounds good. I like most of the changes.

"
Player Maximum Resistances now can never go above 90%. Any maximum resistance you have above this value will have no effect. This is especially important as Synthesis introduces other sources of Maximum Resistances.

I hope having 75%+ resistance won't turn into mandatory in the future.
Nice trickster change.. Seem good.. cant wait to see spell Aoe change and overall change ! What people doesnt realise.. is how strong any skill is right now with the powercreep we have.. its just the QoL who change from one skill to another.. Evry league will have their winner.. Next one will be melee.. be patient guys ( another melee player)
"
Nibelton wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
Doesn't reducing the crit minimum of spells to 0% massively nerf elemental overload?

Is there a good reason for this?

how ? elaborate.

there's a keystone on the passive tree (Elemental overload or EO) that gives more spell damage if you've crit in the last 8 seconds, reducing the base crit of spells pretty much eliminates this keystone because its already tremendously weaker than Crit and relies on low to no crit investment to be worth using at all. If there's a significantly larger investment required in crit to proc it then just going crit which is already highly advisable and almost always better DPS, will be the defacto choice and no one will use EO. Depending of course on the details of how you get base crit.

The main thing to realize here is that EO was a sub par option already, nerfing it by making it harder to get enough crit chance to proc it reliably (which already requires a high hit rate spell or 8-10% investment in crit) and presumably requiring significantly more investment would be another tone def move on GGG's part.

Part of me wishes Chris would take a couple months and get back iinto the trenches with his employees because its' clear that Devs with poor understanding of the game are increasingly making unknowledgeable and hamfisted changes... like the Slayer leech change at a time when melee is a corpse bleeding out on the ground.

its not that Slayer leech doesn't need some balancing (and the rest of the Asc polished up to compensate) its that the timing of nerfing one of the ONLY GOOD THINGS TO DO WITH MELEE, is just retard level of tone def.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Mar 4, 2019, 7:10:38 PM
Does all these tree changes means a mandatory reset for some if not all builds ? Do we need to take sceenshots of the trees or the points will stay there ?
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"
Nibelton wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
Doesn't reducing the crit minimum of spells to 0% massively nerf elemental overload?

Is there a good reason for this?

how ? elaborate.

there's a keystone on the passive tree (Elemental overload or EO) that gives more spell damage if you've crit in the last 8 seconds, reducing the base crit

and now let's embark on magical journey of reading https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Elemental_Overload

"
40% more Elemental Damage if you've Crit in the past 8 seconds
No Critical Strike Multiplier
No Damage Multiplier for Ailments from Critical Strikes
Last edited by Nibelton on Mar 4, 2019, 7:14:03 PM
Will there be more forms of Reduced Fire Damage Taken in the future for Righteous Fire builds since Maximum Fire Resistance will cap out at 90%.
slayer nerf oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit , well i guess i will stop playing 'hipster' 'rp' shit and start abusing meta
Ahh, it's over... My sun... it's setting... It's dark, so dark...
D
F

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info