Balance in Path of Exile: Synthesis

even as a ' melee/hybride' rp player , i will be honest i really love the way you changed spells to make them ' more rewarding to self cast ' , can't wait for next changes :)
Ahh, it's over... My sun... it's setting... It's dark, so dark...
quite disappointing …

not much of design philosophy, just a list of changes.

And all from a rather weird angle:

players do not use totems/traps/mines because of damage numbers, but because of playstyle. the "fire and forget" style adds safety through mobility in a increasingly lethal game.

i fear those changes push even further in the "oneshot or get oneshot" playstyle.
"
Innomen wrote:
Soooo fuck everyone except the merchant class that can spend their way past any partial nerfs by buying perfect rolls and mods... Same shit different day.

And for good measure fuck everyone that isn't a merchant that also doesn't play this game like a Korean bullet hell shooter.

Anything less than 200APM for 8 hours a day? Welcome to permanent junk tier challenge mtx. (Now with less pants!)

Love the newb trap ES leech trash also, fat lot of good that does when you're dead in one hit because you intentionally balance the game vs streamer tryhards and merchants with 10exa per slot gear.

Oh well, I had one good league without being a merchant tryhard. I guess that's enough.

Back to forever broke for me.

LOL
So much buffs! (not)
Why are you giving casters more stuff when melee is in a deplorable state?

I really don't understand you man, wtf?
"
Nibelton wrote:

the thing is,they never stated,that they are removing 5% crit form spells,they said 5% isnt a cap anymore.

That's a fair thing to point out, but it amounts to the same thing, the only reason they would make this change is if they intended to give at least some spells that currently have 5%, instead 0%. Otherwise they would just tweak a couple of them individually like "we made Orb of Storms 0% base crit because literally everyone uses it to proc EO" or something like that.

Lowering the floor crit chance of spells from 5% to 0% across the board would only make sense if at least some plurality of them will require investment before they have ANY chance to crit. Most spells before this change were 5% so it makes sense that most of them after will be 0% otherwise the statement is very curiously misleading.

"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Grinding Gear: "We're going to adjust leech effects so that Slayers/Ascendants can no longer generate ten-minute leech stacks that completely bypass the downsides of Vaal Pact and which make it difficult to balance those Ascendancies. We've got a history of heavily retooling or even completely reinventing Ascendancy classes that have fallen behind the times, so these changes are more to allow us space to do that and to bring leech in line with what it's supposed to be than to -"

Forum Userbase: "WHELP OVERLEECH DED 4EVER TIME TO RETIRE ALL SLAYERS AND ASCENDANTS GAIZ, WILL NEVER GET FIX AGAIN"

Grinding Gear: "...sure. That's exactly it. You found us out. That was our diabolical plan all along."
"
Zhia wrote:
quite disappointing …

not much of design philosophy, just a list of changes.

And all from a rather weird angle:

players do not use totems/traps/mines because of damage numbers, but because of playstyle. the "fire and forget" style adds safety through mobility in a increasingly lethal game.

i fear those changes push even further in the "oneshot or get oneshot" playstyle.

Finally someone gets it... Apparently ggg doesn't get it and balance their game around easy low tier maps.

https://youtu.be/B1Sj8jo2YGE

When this type of mod combo is possible on an already crazily scaled boss, you know there's something wrong with their design, and why many people need to "abuse" some mechanic to even have a chance to live through the flawed broken design ggg created.

This is more prevalent in betrayal's t16 syndicates encounter.
So many deadly random one shot because of mods and crazy scaling.
And then they nerf Curse in the process instead of adding a cap on mods on certain type of monsters/ bosses?

They need to add a limit on what type of mods can be rolled together in one pack, or give a reduction in those values on syndicates and bosses/ minibosses. At this point Uber Elder really becomes a beginner boss compare to Delve's crazy modifiers on boss.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Mar 4, 2019, 7:48:14 PM
Basically removing the 5% floor from critical somewhat nukes the Enki self-cast Arc build that relies on Controlled Destruction for the primary arc skill, the elemental overload skill, and storm brand for crits. It is likely that Controlled Destruction will get replaced with one of the new support gems for self-casting arc and that will be that. Nuking storm brand won't impact it much.
"
Nibelton wrote:
"
The Gluttony of Elements skill now also provides Curse Immunity, to prevent interactions with Temporal Chains letting it last far too long. Technically, this is a buff.

lmao another delve race nerf,why do you even care about it ? it doesnt give shit but bragging rights.
"
Unique Nerfs
We've made some adjustments to a few unique items that were problematic. Details will be in the patch notes tomorrow.

if you nerf my end game build enabling unique i'm skipping this league,and i'm not joking. just watching few trailers i already know how this league will work/play,so killing builds that i wanted to try you practically killing my desire to play this league.
also,considering rewards suck balls they aren't even remotly factoring in to my desire to play and achieve anything.

Bye lol, i love these posts... IF YOU DO THIS IM LEAVING... they don't care XD and neither do we :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info