[3.9][HC/SC] Soulrend Trickster - Fast mapper with great defenses (League starter/All content)

If you have enough currency, which 6-link chest do you think it is better (for the MoM+EB build)? The Perfect Form, Kintsugi or Queen of the forest?
Last edited by haitike on Jul 9, 2019, 6:22:42 PM
Last edited by SenorPez on Aug 7, 2019, 11:14:30 PM
Is CWDT+steelskin an option instead of shield charge+fortify?
Hey so 3.8 will be my first full league. I was searching for a build that would be a good league starter. Do you think this is still a good one to start with? It looks fun. Thanks!
How do people feel about this build vs the contagion/ED , if you leave LEGION mchanic out of it?

Becuz I like the soulrend/bane much more than the contagion ED build, but I also wanna play the better build, but if its pretty much equal ill go for this build in 3.8...
"
Cheydinhal wrote:
How do people feel about this build vs the contagion/ED , if you leave LEGION mchanic out of it?

Becuz I like the soulrend/bane much more than the contagion ED build, but I also wanna play the better build, but if its pretty much equal ill go for this build in 3.8...

Ed/Contagion made the legion league easy to farm, Soulrend is still a good clear skill so I think Soulrend will be very good for this league barring any nerfs.
Currently been using this in Legion(league starter) and Synthesis league and it's been amazing in Legion.
I've done just about all content(except deep delves), Guardians(shaper and elder), Shaper, Elder, Uber Elder, Mastermind.
I just run literally any map mods and go.
This will prob be my league starter again unless they do more nerf's to the build.

"
Warfalcon76 wrote:
Hey so 3.8 will be my first full league. I was searching for a build that would be a good league starter. Do you think this is still a good one to start with? It looks fun. Thanks!

Yes should be barring any nerfs to the build/skills, it's a great clearing/mapping skill.
Also depends on the type of build version you go for.
Myself I always go for EB/MOM build version once I get the Diadem helm.
"
haitike wrote:
If you have enough currency, which 6-link chest do you think it is better (for the MoM+EB build)? The Perfect Form, Kintsugi or Queen of the forest?

I tried QotF but didn't get on with it and went back to The Perfect Form which then saves me points from the tree(pathing to phase acrobatics), don't have any exp with Kintsugi.
"
Trulls_Rohk wrote:
"
Cheydinhal wrote:

Ed/Contagion made the legion league easy to farm, Soulrend is still a good clear skill so I think Soulrend will be very good for this league barring any nerfs.
Currently been using this in Legion(league starter) and Synthesis league and it's been amazing in Legion.
I've done just about all content(except deep delves), Guardians(shaper and elder), Shaper, Elder, Uber Elder, Mastermind.
I just run literally any map mods and go.
This will prob be my league starter again unless they do more nerf's to the build.

Alright thanks, got 2 side questions when reading your message :)

I played it a while back, and I only had 1 real issue with this build, the soulrend feels so nice, but casting it feels like a pain, cuz its so slow...only thing you can do is go for lots of cast speed? Especially while levelling from 24-70 (till u get some okayish gear) it feels harsh....

Last thing is, I play HC. Would you feel this would be the same for HC?
Your saying you done all content, but I guess for HC this would only count as a league starter right? It wont be a build that could get you through endgame content in HC aswell?
"
Cheydinhal wrote:
Alright thanks, got 2 side questions when reading your message :)

I played it a while back, and I only had 1 real issue with this build, the soulrend feels so nice, but casting it feels like a pain, cuz its so slow...only thing you can do is go for lots of cast speed? Especially while levelling from 24-70 (till u get some okayish gear) it feels harsh....

Last thing is, I play HC. Would you feel this would be the same for HC?
Your saying you done all content, but I guess for HC this would only count as a league starter right? It wont be a build that could get you through endgame content in HC aswell?

Yep, the worst part of the skill is how slow it is to cast. I mainly use bane for the tightly packed mobs while leveling, blood rage also helps a lot(3 frenzy charges x 4% cast speed). I'm also a HC player and did guardians+shaper(back in synthesis) before I got bored of the build and rerolled. Didn't do uber elder by myself, but quite a lot of hc players messaged me that they had no problems killing him with this build. The only sketchy moment I can imagine would be if you stay for too long in the degen pools(you don't regen es, so you can run out of it quite fast, which makes you vulnerable to oneshots). Chaos damage is the other weak spot of the build(it goes straight through es), so getting some chaos res on your gear is pretty much mandatory. Legion introduced flesh and stone, which is an awesome aura for hc and I used it in pretty much any build I played during the league.

I will update the guide when we get the patch notes.
Last edited by Syreith on Aug 30, 2019, 3:50:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info