Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

Betrayal is garbage and not fun. Delve is far more fun and gated. I avoided Betrayal as much I could all league and plan to do the same if it goes to core.
i honestly like more bestiary than betrayal because reminds me of the good old pokemon days

i really don't like betrayal going core... but... yeah...
Why don't they ask us if we want certain leagues to be added to the game core...the game is becoming irritating having league adds every where u go
making it way to hard to complete them before league ends.
//// POE2 ? possibly
The best thing about Betrayal was getting swarmed by Syndicate members out of nowhere and instakilled when you least expected and needed it, for example in expensive maps where each portal counts. I'm so thrilled that this mechanic goes core! Now everyone can enjoy getting instakilled, how could the playerbase have lived without that?
"
rahmesrhymes wrote:
Why don't they ask us if we want certain leagues to be added to the game core...the game is becoming irritating having league adds every where u go
making it way to hard to complete them before league ends.

My guess is that it's hard to get a proper gauge from the community. People are more likely to complain than anything and so how do you sift through the bias? A lot of people didn't like 'Garbinger League', 'Abysmal League', 'Worstiary League' or 'Bugtrayal League' during their respective leagues.

I think GGG wants to see if they can find ways to improve these mechanics before throwing all that work in the bin. Chris has stated that in 4.0 they will prune back how many leagues are in the core game so maybe then they'll take a look at the general community's feelings towards certain leagues after having been in the game a while for a more adjusted perspective.
I'm pretty bummed about the sulphite scarab nerf. Even though I didn't choose to go that route in 3.5, I liked the idea of having a focus almost exclusively on delving being a realistic option as a route to take your character endgame.
I dunno why people are so up in arms against syndicate going core.
It's literally bestiary with dudes instead of beasts. Literally boss enemy or two spawns in the middle of the mission and you beat them for extra crafting recipes and rewards.
It's the same thing.
What's the problem?
"
Außenseiter wrote:
I dunno why people are so up in arms against syndicate going core.
It's literally bestiary with dudes instead of beasts. Literally boss enemy or two spawns in the middle of the mission and you beat them for extra crafting recipes and rewards.
It's the same thing.
What's the problem?

Maybe they're people who quit betrayal early league, before the damage on some of the syndicate enemies was reigned in a bit. The first while of betrayal felt pretty path-of-oneshots.
"
KGabQr wrote:
i wait new game Lost Ark, i will rage quit poe. Much to Nerf boring.

I have no plans to quit PoE; as PoE just keeps getting better and better
(cough...70% sulphite nerf aside....cough)

But I agree that the new game Lost Ark looks potentially Awesome.

From what I've read its:

WOW + Diablo + Anime

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info