Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

Having tried PoE for the first time since beta in 2012, there were some great changes made to the game. Currency is easier to get than it was, and the game progression felt good. For me, the Betrayal mechanic was awful. The idea of rivalries, trusteds and having to manage who goes to which safehouse was a convoluted mess. Additionally, there doesn't seem to be any viable endgame in PoE. I want to log in and blow shit up. I'd be happy as a clam doing maps and delve, but the difficulty in getting decent maps to drop as well as Sulfite pretty much limits my game time to the same RNG nightmare that the game had when it was first written.

It's too bad, because there's still great potential here, but not much to do after the main grind of making it to level 10. Guess I'll check back in in another few years.
i wait new game Lost Ark, i will rage quit poe. Much to Nerf boring.

Edit: x2 delete my post
Last edited by KGabQr on Feb 22, 2019, 6:36:17 PM
"
Extåcy wrote:
Well this was unexpected. Breach stone nerf sure but nerfing scarabs seems like your just taking the fun out of the game and making it harder for casual players while your at it. Nerfing sulphite scarabs is silly no other way to describe it. Sulphite is nearly impossible to get reliably if you are running an atlas strategy and cant do the dailies. Delve is why some play this game. The div scarab nerf is what brought me back to the game scarabs in general. Juiced maps are fun and cards make items accessible to the masses. This just means less fun items in circulation. What HH is to cheap at 50ex? Div scarabs are not busted by any means and now they will be more expensive and less effective. For example I farm towers (a lot of towers). Most maps I maybe make my div scarab back maybe. I need to spend almost an ex and have leechers to get reliable nurse drops and wretched drops. when one nurse does drop I sell it for 100c now and make a bit of profit but what they do is allow me to sustain my fun maps with 5 breaches and max density. It's really fun to run a fully juiced maps but they can not be sustained with the polished version I have tried. Even if I do sustain it feels pretty bad to have set up elder ping pong, prophecies, rolled red sextants and maps have friends for quant bonus for no reason. So all your changes do is take out fun from the game make items more expensive make the only viable delve strategy to farm horizontally. Yes syndicate could use balance but pissing on the thing everyone has been saying I hope they dont change because its fun and that they wish there was more in the game is kind of a blizzard move. Just saying, still play their games but they piss on the fun so much now its a chore and this is how they got there.

Such a gentle feedback.
Can second this
"
Mlvado wrote:
Why do you keep doing this to delve???
people loved the system, its OPTIONAL, its challenging, dont nerf sulphite scarabs, buff then, make then ALWAYS spawn 3 niko, let people do what they want to do, thats the idea of a video game, dont try to stop me from doing what i LIKE to do.

thats... sad.

Agreed they need a way to do nothing but delve in the endgame, if you want.
"
Scherge wrote:
Hang on there!

Does that mean we have to unlock the damn crafting recepies EVERY time now????

was that intended the whole time? Do you want me to play standard forever from now on?

You've always had to unlock crafting recipes each league.
"
Zalhan2 wrote:
"
Mlvado wrote:
Why do you keep doing this to delve???
people loved the system, its OPTIONAL, its challenging, dont nerf sulphite scarabs, buff then, make then ALWAYS spawn 3 niko, let people do what they want to do, thats the idea of a video game, dont try to stop me from doing what i LIKE to do.

thats... sad.

Agreed they need a way to do nothing but delve in the endgame, if you want.

Just look at this!
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ate9o4/-/eh1zkfx/?context=3

Seems like we have a chance to Delve will come back.

#MakeDelveGreatAgain
"
vio wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Makivante wrote:
"Sulphite Scarabs are 60-70% less effective depending on tier."

I don't understand this :(

Let me explain it in more simple words: Delvers get it in the butt without lube because we can!

very detailed complaint. too detailed imho.

what would you like more? them increasing access and nerfing delve rewards and xp into the ground so it's comparable to the average main game?

or limiting access and keeping the rewards?

or do you really think they remove all choices of content for players by granting free access to a very rewarding single element of the game?

Well I would prefer that they finally make a fun league again with good mechanics and good rewards so that the players aren't forced to do old league mechanics because the league is shit!
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
This is disappointing. The reason this league was fun for me was I was able to push my first character to 98, and kill uber elder. (playing 5 years).

Poorjoy's sucks for exp runs, and isn't fun to run. NOT a fan of the breachstone nerf. Having a reliable way in 820 to join groups for exp, is fun. Like pure breach or beachhead.

I enjoyed many of the features of betrayal, mainly the stream lined crafting, new crafting options, and being able to do other leagues content via masters in maps.

The syndicate encounters however, imo weren't fun, and were too much effort for the rewards, They shouldn't be added to the core game.

There should be a way we can do delves consistantly. Delves are fun. Trying to farm sulphite when niko isn't on every map, isn't fun.

Scarab nerfs = not fun as well. I was never able to abuse them and get insane rewards, maybe others have idk.
I am a new player as of Betrayal and I was impressed with the game. I am still playing as much as day one and will likely carry my enthusiasm into synthesis. That being said, the nerfs mentioned in this post to me seem ridiculous.

As a new player its hard as hell to get anything good in this game as is. I found a total of 3 good unique items all league and half the currency I made was from selling things that I would have probably had more fun using..ie breachstones and maps. I realize part of this is the learning curve for the economy...I got a lot better at realizing what was good throughout the league...but even so there is no way I was making enough currency to run 100s of breachstones to make it to 100.

I know many players made it to 100 this season and apparently more than ever by far...but really..why is it such a slog to get to max level anyways? Who cares if there are more 100s running around. Shouldnt max level be obtainable while trying to maintain a full time job? I guess its meant to be a status symbol?

Then masterminds just reshuffle the board...I guess in theory this could work to your benefit but it sounds to me like most of the time it will end up in the same result...running another 100 maps to get the people back in position to get the loot I want. Not really much different than a reset.

Sulphite falls into the same complaints as above...unless I wanted to do some mindless countless syndicate low level runs to farm scarabs its another expense and already took long enough to fill up.

"
666lol666 wrote:

Well I would prefer that they finally make a fun league again with good mechanics and good rewards so that the players aren't forced to do old league mechanics because the league is shit!

my personal guess, 3 months are not enough to make something really new.
that only happens in content being for the big expansions (every 4 leagues).

and i don't agree with "shit", yes you die more and it's more difficult but how can you bring back players on the right path after spoiling them with average threats having amazing rewards?

like in delve where it rained chaos?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info