Betrayal as a Core Game Mechanic

I'm one of those people who love that betrayal is becoming core. I would have missed it 100%. I really like it.
I don't fully agree with all the changes but for me it seems like you GGG have made a good first step.
Excited for the upcoming league again!
Go GGG! <3
"
Iznuts wrote:
i'm waiting to see this happen.
ggg makes delveing easily accesible and reduces rewards.
fuck delve, it doesnt drop anything worth the time now - playerbase

Deep delving is almost never worth the cost unless you get some really rare fossil room or several Aul spawning in the vicinity.

Just nerf the hell out of low delve in terms of fossil gain and delve would be balanced , and ggg would have no need to nerf the supphite gain.
"
vio wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:

Well I would prefer that they finally make a fun league again with good mechanics and good rewards so that the players aren't forced to do old league mechanics because the league is shit!

my personal guess, 3 months are not enough to make something really new.
that only happens in content being for the big expansions (every 4 leagues).

and i don't agree with "shit", yes you die more and it's more difficult but how can you bring back players on the right path after spoiling them with average threats having amazing rewards?

like in delve where it rained chaos?

The chaos raining in delve is over even now. Apart from the few spots behind hidden walls all other drops are completely nerfed into oblivion. It's not like in delve league where we were drowning in currency and fossils while clearing depth 50 over and over again with a damage immune darkness farmer. And remember legacy league? I thought exactly the same about that league back in the days: "How can you bring back players on the right path after spoiling them with average threats having amazing rewards?". It seems that the answer is that 99,9% of the playerbase have a VERY SHORT short-term-memory. ^^

Edit: For the "shit" part. The reason why I call the league mechanic is shit is just because 1.) The best way to farm the savehouses is to stop playing the game at act 6 and farm twilight strand over and over again. 2.) There is no reason (lack of reward) to kill the Betrayal boss. If fact you should never touch it because it ruins your safehouses. Apart from that this could have been a great league but a league where it's best to not really play the game at all and farm act 6 twillight strand over and over again is........ well I call it shit.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Feb 23, 2019, 5:15:39 AM
"
mic01851165 wrote:
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Gondalen wrote:
so , from now on we have to find every league the recipes again and again...

this was never different.

How's it never different?

Back then it took 4 days worth of daily rotation to get all masters to lv6~7 and unlock everything.

This league it takes full 3 months and we're still missing some unveil crafting options even when you unveil more than 1000+ items because of terrible rng.

a) the fact that the discovery of the recipes has changed, does NOT invalidate the fact that we always had to start from zero in each league.
b) for someone who either do not push everything to the limit(s)*, or just not uses rotations for master progress (or similar tasks), it was always much more time consuming (up to the whole season) to bring all (or all neccessary) masters to max.

*) can even be 'personal' limits

The annoying details of the actual recipe system is that the requirements have massively changed/increased, along with an also massive increment on 'neccessary' rng. But again, this is a topic on its own, separated from the (silly) request to make recipes 'locked' also for upcoming leagues. This will never happen, IMHO.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
"
Okay... The fact that most of the comments here are negative is completely baffling me.

I am very not surprised.

"
A: Remember Vorici? Open target's chest without killing him? Kill target without killing his guards? What about Caterina with her superbly annoying missions? What about Haku

Yes, some of these missions were somewhat tedious, and some could be failed (<10%?) But you could always prepare for it, even with a dedicated char just for these missions. And basically, you "only" needed Vorici, Elreon and Haku as 'mandatory', and the recipes only required them at level 7 of 8(!). This means, the highest missions for recipes were at 68(!) and not 82(!!) now for 6-linking. Beside the type of mission (and even here, basically only Vorici is affected), there were NOT ANY kind of rng in the unlocking progress(!)

"
Remember Zana missions being completely and utterly random and often quite worthless?

From my view of here missions, I actually mostly also have only ONE valid option (avoid single portal, deny trial missions...). Remember when Zana's missions gave you a constant progress, without any 'invest' (map) needed to run? Yes we had no control about it, but we also dont needed that control to make sure we are able to access/reach the next day's encounter... I prefered this.

"
complaining about how crafting recipes were locked behind INSANELY BORING TASKS.

Now its ridiculous 'instead' of boring (beside that tasks like massive delving also tend to be kind of mindless) - really better?

"

B: Betryal added so much amazing content to the game that delighted almost everyone.

As always: the concepts are great, the implementation is questionable and the balance (mostly even after some 'fixes') is poor (or not existent).

"
Do you guys really want to get rid of Scarabs, Enhanced Breachstones, Safehouses in General, Talisman crafting, and the whole slew of other interesting content?

I want to get RID of anything that decreases my control about what happens, get rid of all that 'unavoidable' stuff that overlaps and scales with any and all that other encounters and monster parameters; and I dont 'need' all that shiny shit that only forces trading (e.g. Breachstone upgrades; by now I have not a single set of splinters completed -> completely useless reward)

Also: 'most' stuff can/could be solved/integrated in other ways. It is the same silly excuse for designer decisions like the usual '"older" windows versions does not have XYZ' (like dx12, as example) - YES because this is used as a force into the 'new one', and not because it would not be possible to implement it 'backwards'.
--
"
I personally think it's an amazing addition that allows people who specialize in such things to actually be able to make a profit

I may not be part of a majority here, but I DONT play to 'make profit', and I dont WANT to.
--
"
vio wrote:
i liked betrayal, the mechanics were complex enough to challenge alot of players to setup the safehouses for their individual advantage.

For my likes, there are too limited options to manipulate the syndicate 'setup' (one reason: too much killspeed -> no time for additional members to spawn). And in many cases, the possible progress (int) you can get from (interventing) the members is also much too low. (1 int per turn?!? silly)
--
"
Scarface335 wrote:
So you don't want betrayal as a core mechanic =?, with betrayal gone, there are no Scarabs so why you even bother about thoose

what are scarabs? just a 'reward' - and of course it would be 'impossible' to change the requirements (encounter) that reward you with them... not.
--
"
Mr_Cee wrote:
"
Scarface335 wrote:
So you don't want betrayal as a core mechanic =?, with betrayal gone, there are no Scarabs so why you even bother about thoose

what are scarabs? just a 'reward' - and of course it would be 'impossible' to change the requirements (encounter) that reward you with them... not.

I remember leaguestones. They were much more better than scarabs in terms of use and in terms of availability.
Sounds good

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info