[On Hold] Storm Brand Inquisitor - Beginner Friendly - SSF/League Start Viable - All Content

Hello thien? 6 days no answer....
"
ridox112 wrote:
I have feelings like I miss something. Im squishy at higher maps, a lot of times i've been oneshoted.

Also I'm lacking of dps at bosses. Could someone check out at my gear and tell me what to change next?

I'm only doing t11-12 maps so far (87 and cheap gear) so this is only worth what you're paying for it...

I find Lightning Spire Trap helps a lot with DPS when needed. (For packs, most of the time, SB by itself is plenty.) LST is also really convenient for throwing through doors and under shields, so you don't have to walk into situations where 20 guys can insta-melee hit you.

For more DPS, be sure you are mixing in your WB for the Instr of Virtue bonuses. They do make a difference.

Your resistances are a bit out of balance. When you run elemental weakness maps, you'll be at 50% fire, so taking ~double normal fire damage.

There are actually a LOT of mechanics that can kill you so fast it feels like a one shot. I die more often than I'd like; usually to a map boss with more complex mechanics that I don't fully understand (or remember.) This is a very mobile build that will die standing still - at least I do. But I love that you can tag a couple of brands really quick and then focus on moving and dropping spire traps in the right places.

Love the build - thanks to the OP.

Cheers.

Last edited by GreyLensman on Mar 31, 2019, 7:29:18 PM
"
is the divinarius a good unique dagger to use? Im having trouble finding good rare daggers
Sure if it's cheap - none of the stats are remarkable but it's adequate. You can likely find good multi/crit rare daggers for 1c.

"
Hello and thx for the build. It is exactly as described, beginner friendly etc.
I don't see any heralds, i find particularly useful herald of ice, although i am trying to use H of thunder as of now. Do we skip heralds to increase MoM viability?

Furthermore, I find that the tree is kinda short, could you pleases update it, cause right now i have all passives described in final tree and i am 85 instead of 92. I only have 2 extra passives from bandits quest line.

Also could you post a Best in slot gear in order for those progressing to maps, to have target items to look for?

Finally, I ll appreciate any comment regarding my gear, jewels, gems etc.

Thx again
Reserving mana vs survivability is really binary. Do you need more damage and don't care about survivability? Reserving Mana for a Herald makes a lot of sense. Do you need more effective HP and your damage is fine? Reserving Mana for a Herald doesn't make a lot of sense. Everyone has different characters, play the game and ask yourself what your bottleneck is between every map.

The passive tree ends before you reach level 100 - that's by design. You'll need to actually play the game to reach the endgame and at that point you can make some decisions based on what your character needs.

"Best in slot" is really an antiquated MMO mentality. I don't have anything like that. This is the nature of using rare gear. No two characters will have the same exact setup and Path of Building is really the tool to use once you start asking yourself questions like "is this item slightly better than this one?" "Wonder if X is worth the 2 exalts over an item like Y?"

"
Hi,
Thank you for the great build. One question: i managed to buy, link and color a Loreweave (78 res) for less than 200c so i copied your setup in the 3.5 gear section. With these gems (hypotermia and so on...) i lose almost 5k dps. Is it worthy or should I try to come back to 6 blue setup?
Thank you
Don't use hypothermia. Those links were in there from a previous Elementalist version of the build and this is addressed in "Questions I've Answered" section.

"
Hey thi3n, thanks for the build! Enjoying it a lot, and steadily moving up the map ranks :)

I recently found an Inpulsa's, and was super-lucky in 6-linking it. Is there a reason (other than the price) that you didn't include as recommended?
Impulsas is a fine armor but our individual hits don't do enough to shock unless it's on trash which our build demolishes anyways. You might be getting shock interactions confused with elementalist Beacon of Ruin which allows even small shocks to apply a 20% more multiplier. Inquisitor does not do that.

"
Is Kaom's Roots really worth losing 15% chance to evade? I didn't plan towards evade, but that is what I ended up with.
I use these boots specifically for the Uber Elder fight, you can not use them if you need the stats.

"
Hello

Having a lot of fun with the build and trying to push some lvls. Any recommendations for the skilltree beyond lvl 91? I am hesitating what to go for.
Also wondering if loreweave really is worth the investment of 5 to 6 ex? Would i need the dps boost from it to du uber elder( i am around 8k dps on stormbrand and 11k on lightning spire trap)

Thx in advance for the answers!
What is your bottleneck when playing the build? Is it damage? Consider grabbing increased damage or reaching for jewels for more multi. Is it attack-speed and quality of life? Consider grabbing the attack/cast speed nodes near the templar starting area? Is it survivability? Consider filling in nearby life nodes. I don't have a level 100 tree because what each person needs will be different based on their gear, intended content, and personal preferences.

Could you use this builds with arc totems as a secondary spell
Thanks for taking the time to reply, I will try a Loreweave, and if that works for me get rid of the Inpulsa's (and make some nice currency in the process).

Still having tons of fun with the build, did Red Elder yesterday, without any issues! :)
Hello, I would like to know if the build works well in synthesis hardcore.
Thanks
Hi and thx for the guide.
I have an advice request:
Im pretty happy with my character now and don't have major upgrades to do now. I am very lucky this league and already found 2 exalted orbs and 1 Perandus manor map. If I sell the map i will sit on 6-7 ex, (around 15 if i sell my actual character). Would you look for expensive upgrades or go for a new character (MF or boss killer)?
I don't know if someone can answer this question but as a (almost) new player I am just wondering what a veteran player would do.
Thank you
Last edited by Hectorbodies on Apr 2, 2019, 12:05:34 PM
Lovely build, have been enjoying it!

Shaper, Red Elder, Uber Elder, Uber Atziri and Cortex down. Took my time getting there and my gear felt stronger then it needed to be for that content (esp. Uber Elder where knowing the fight is most of the work). Still haven't ran Aul.

Last edited by whitet on Apr 11, 2019, 1:18:57 AM
Im having a question about this build i cant seem to find the anwser anywhere. But why is attack speed so important to this build? I found nothing that scales with attack speed besides the movement skills.
"
Xaender wrote:
Im having a question about this build i cant seem to find the anwser anywhere. But why is attack speed so important to this build? I found nothing that scales with attack speed besides the movement skills.

Correct, just for the movement skills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info