The problem with brands, Arc, and similar skills.

I never said 'good fighter' tho or that its knowing the moves. I just said the moves because I remember them by heart lol, I didnt even bother remapping them.

all I said that KB was fine for MK games Ive played.

out of the 'new' mk games Ive only played MK Komplete, and I didnt have much of an issue with it on KB

Id say Dark Souls 1 without mods is much more challenging than any MK on KB+M because of how retarded that port is.
"
The reason everyone is making fun of you instead of bothering to respond to your points is because nobody takes you seriously when you say things this ignorant.

Are you for real? There are plenty of thoughtful responses in this thread.

Your inability to spot them (let alone write one yourself) is your own problem.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Feb 15, 2019, 10:03:30 PM
"
When you don't have to interact to play the game, to target the monster (arc), or even cast the spell again on a monster (brands), why bother with skills where you have to work for your power?

While it is fun to play overpowered builds (of course it is), look at the bigger picture. This development is NOT good for your game in the long run.

Your concern is rather moot - GGG constantly buffs and nerfs builds because they are less interested in balance and more concerned with shifting the metagame from one league to the next so that players keep trying new things.

Your post essentially assumes that things will remain static unless you take it upon yourself to complain about the state of the game. However, I imagine GGG will look at numbers at the end of the league and if any builds or skills (or items) are too dominant then they'll take appropriate steps to tone those numbers down (eventually).

On a separate note: I would dispute any claim that Mine or Trap or Totem builds are somehow less "interactive". You seem to think that swinging your weapon at an enemy is interactive while plopping down a totem or laying a mine isn't, but the irony is that the most egregious "non-interactive" builds are the ones that use close quarter skills (HoWa Jugg and Occultist MS/BV/Cold DoT, which can facetank and sleepwalk through most of the content). Totem/mine/trap/brand characters are little squishies by comparison, and require careful movement/positioning/flask management to not get overwhelmed by some of the more difficult content (high tier syndicates, deep delves, high tier maps with multiple damage affixes etc).

There's one more factor that fails to be considered in these sorts of complaint posts. Many of these supposed "less interactive" builds are relatively slow and will earn less currency per hour mapping. Brand builds might seem fast enough when you play them, but they don't hold a candle to most bow and wand builds, or ascendant/elementalist/assassin autobomber or CoC variants. The idea behind playing totems/traps/mines or even brands is to be more of a generalist that can do all the content at the price of not clearing maps (and doing syndicates) as quickly. That sort of trade-off seems fair to me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info