The problem with brands, Arc, and similar skills.

"
The auto-casting & auto-targeting of brands and totems are also very helpful to us summoners being utility skills to direct our minions and generate frenzy charges. Example: We want to give our minions frenzy charges at the same time blind enemies but we dont want to lost the benefits of shield so we don't invest necromanctic aegis. We use the shield victario charity and flame totem+faster casting+blind because flame totem is a very fast hitting spell then it's a guarantee that frenzy charges will be generated and enemies will be blinded.

Have you tested this personally?

I'm fairly certain totems do not proc on-kill effects, unless you have discovered an obscure bug.

I'm also a little confused by your argument. Are you talking about brands or about totems? Brands are spells casted by you. Totems are not. As such, their on-kill effects will either be credited to you or to your totem, with corresponding results.

In any case, the utility benefits of auto-casting spells are not contributing to the game's problems, imo. If that were their primary role, I wouldn't necessarily see a problem.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Why just pick put the more Meta skills? Why not call for nerfs to ice Crash, Earthquake, or other skills which you don't really need to target, just fire and forget. And skills Like Glacial Cascade, Sunder, lacerate, where you just fire in the general direction? not a lot of aiming required there, just point in the general direction.
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
The auto-casting & auto-targeting of brands and totems are also very helpful to us summoners being utility skills to direct our minions and generate frenzy charges. Example: We want to give our minions frenzy charges at the same time blind enemies but we dont want to lost the benefits of shield so we don't invest necromanctic aegis. We use the shield victario charity and flame totem+faster casting+blind because flame totem is a very fast hitting spell then it's a guarantee that frenzy charges will be generated and enemies will be blinded.

Have you tested this personally?

I'm fairly certain totems do not proc on-kill effects, unless you have discovered an obscure bug.

I'm also a little confused by your argument. Are you talking about brands or about totems? Brands are spells casted by you. Totems are not. As such, their on-kill effects will either be credited to you or to your totem, with corresponding results.

In any case, the utility benefits of auto-casting spells are not contributing to the game's problems, imo. If that were their primary role, I wouldn't necessarily see a problem.

I tested it in one of my pure poisonous(united in dream) zombie build. The frenzy generation from victario charity is on hit not on kill. When the flame totem proc the 5% chance frenzy charge on hit you and your minions will recieve a frenzy charge. It's confirmed.
Last edited by elemental_oasis on Feb 5, 2019, 11:37:26 AM
"
Rafein wrote:
Why just pick put the more Meta skills? Why not call for nerfs to ice Crash, Earthquake, or other skills which you don't really need to target, just fire and forget. And skills Like Glacial Cascade, Sunder, lacerate, where you just fire in the general direction? not a lot of aiming required there, just point in the general direction.

Baby steps.

Pick your battles. We point to the more egregious problems first.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Rafein wrote:

Baby steps.

Not a problem only you think it's a problem or maybe a couple of you

HaHA
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

While it is fun to play overpowered builds (of course it is), look at the bigger picture. This development is NOT good for your game in the long run. And I say this as someone who freely admits to abusing the Storm Brand meta. Because why the fuck would I do otherwise? Gimp myself for a little bit of extra situational power?

You play meta and are still trash at the game, seems like these skills aren't nearly as OP as you are making them sound.

bit savage budget

xd
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
"
Rafein wrote:

Baby steps.

Not a problem only you think it's a problem or maybe a couple of you

HaHA

Dispute the arguments presented in my original post, then, if you are able.

I don't think you will.

I don't think you can.

PROVE ME WRONG.

HaHA indeed.
Wash your hands, Exile!
I already did you have zero experience or as budget put it.

You have no credibility.

But show me your so called OP power ness of your ''LONG term health'' game because you don't have any.

When you have zero experience why do you think you have an opinion to think if something is OP or not or go ''LONG TERM HEALTH''!!! HALP NERF / STOP MAKING THEM!
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Feb 5, 2019, 12:09:12 PM
"
I already did you have zero experience or as budget put it.

You have no credibility.

But show me your so called OP power ness of your ''LONG term health'' game because you don't have any.

When you have zero experience why do you think you have an opinion to think if something is OP or not or go ''LONG TERM HEALTH''!!! HALP NERF / STOP MAKING THEM!

Your post is borderline incoherent, much like your others.

Not sure why you consider that a productive contribution to the discussion, and you have thus far made zero actual arguments in this thread--much like with Budget's ad-hominem insult, which didn't even merit a direct response, you don't appear to be capable of addressing arguments directly--but feel free to rest your case at that, if you are satisfied.

Or, instead of just posting to get attention, make an actual argument.

Again, I don't believe you will, or can. Prove me wrong. Ignoring an argument and attacking the person making the argument is the tactic of someone who has no argument of her own. That would be you, so far.

Spoiler
Sorry if that makes me a MEANIE. :P
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Feb 5, 2019, 12:37:18 PM
"
the agressive AI and auto targeting of brands and totems are nice for console versions of poe

Trained monkey can play PoE these days.
Last edited by Rakiii on Feb 5, 2019, 1:50:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info