[3.8] Fast Storm Brand Leveling Guide | League Starter | HC/SC

Thanks a lot for the guide, I'm loving it so far (currently in Act 5).

I have one question... in the guide, at the Act 7 part:

"
Swap Onslaught for Ice Bite in Storm Brand setup, use Silver Flask
This will be the FINAL change for gem links/sockets for leveling purposes.

Gem Links and/or sockets

B-B-B-G (Storm Brand - Faster Casting - Innervate - Ice Bite)
B-B-B-B (Lightning Spire Trap - Elemental Focus - Controlled Destruction - Added Lightning Damage )
B-B (Brand Recall - Arcane Surge (lvl 1))
B-B (Flame Dash - Faster Casting)
G (Herald of Ice)
B (Herald of Thunder)
B (Lightning Golem)
R (War Banner (lvl 2))

As I understand it ([..] for leveling purposes [..]), this is not the final gems/links the build uses for mapping/later content; or is it? If it isn't, where can I find the final gem/links setup?

Thanks again for the guide!
"
lpkaki wrote:
Thanks a lot for the guide, I'm loving it so far (currently in Act 5).

I have one question... in the guide, at the Act 7 part:

"
Swap Onslaught for Ice Bite in Storm Brand setup, use Silver Flask
This will be the FINAL change for gem links/sockets for leveling purposes.

Gem Links and/or sockets

B-B-B-G (Storm Brand - Faster Casting - Innervate - Ice Bite)
B-B-B-B (Lightning Spire Trap - Elemental Focus - Controlled Destruction - Added Lightning Damage )
B-B (Brand Recall - Arcane Surge (lvl 1))
B-B (Flame Dash - Faster Casting)
G (Herald of Ice)
B (Herald of Thunder)
B (Lightning Golem)
R (War Banner (lvl 2))

As I understand it ([..] for leveling purposes [..]), this is not the final gems/links the build uses for mapping/later content; or is it? If it isn't, where can I find the final gem/links setup?

Thanks again for the guide!

In the intro section(if you expand it) he has links to a reddit guide for the full build and a youtube guide for the full build. The full build is decently different as it doesn't use heralds. His setup in this guide is specifically for leveling up to mapping in league start/race since it's under the presumption you'll have no access to leveling gear like Tabulas.
Last edited by SirVest on Mar 13, 2019, 1:34:04 PM
THe initial pastebin only shows like 10ish nodes. Where is the full pastebin???
"
Bishopton wrote:
THe initial pastebin only shows like 10ish nodes. Where is the full pastebin???

Hi, the PoB has ALL the trees, if you follow as directed in the guide, the bottom left should say 'End of Act 1', if you click this it will allow you to change to different trees.
-couldn't find delete-
Last edited by Rythelius on Mar 16, 2019, 3:21:49 AM
Thanks for the guide! I'm recently getting back into POE and have been following this on my league character. Very easy to follow format and very strong build. Much appreciated!
~UPDATE~
Am in Maps, everything is going well.
This is perhaps not only my favorite build so far, but the most OP build I have yet played. Only in T3 maps at this time.

Thank you Sherman.
LordBeverin [<UNITED>] <Eternal Unity> Public Relations and Accountability
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞(☞゚ヮ゚)☞(☞゚ヮ゚)☞🔴🟡⚫🟤☜(゚ヮ゚☜)☜(゚ヮ゚☜)☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
a.k.a. Beverin, a.k.a Bev, a.k.a. It's Bev, Not Bever, a.k.a It's Not Beaver.
☆*: .。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆ 🔴🟡⚫🟤 (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ╰(‵□′)╯
I know this is really late but just want to say thanks ShermanDiablo for this guide... I was feeling kind of lost couple days before league launch, I knew I just wanted to change from my usual league starter (MS Jugg, same for like last 4 leagues) and I wanted to level as Storm Brand.. this guide helped a lot so thank you! And pointing us in the direction of other endgame guides was a really nice touch from you as well.
IGN : Drahmin (Legion SC League)
Timezone : GMT(+2:00) South African Standard Time
Legion Crafting Service thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2568765
Standard Crafting Thread (For Vouches) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207913/page/1
Just a couple of things I would change to make the guide even more clear.
(the words in CAPS are the things I'd add)

ACT 2
+ Kill Kraityn
> FOREST ENCAMPMENT
> The Riverways
(I was looking for an entrance to The Riverways from The Broken Bridge, then I realized I needed to go back to the town first)

ACT 7
+ Kill Maligaro & take Black Venom
+ HERE WE NEED TO TAKE OBSIDIAN KEY FROM SILK NEAR MAP DEVICE IN SINS 1 IN ORDER TO ACCESS THE DEN
> The Chamber of Sins Level 2
+ Complete Lab (3/3)
> The Den

ACT 7
Instead:
+ Use portal at The Dread Thicket
would be more clear:
+ DROP PORTAL NEXT TO THE DREAD THICKET

ACT 7
< HELENA (GREUST'S NECKLACE)
Take Greust's Necklace to the Azmeri Shrine
I'm a noob and i dunno if i should look for pure ES,ES/AR or ES/ER gears(currently using pure ES and my character gets obliterated instantly if stuck in a pack of mobs, plus my slow movement speed made it even harder to play the memory maps)
any advice?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info