[Version 0.10.7] gh0un´s Point Blank, Rain of Arrows Bowrauder

"
deoka wrote:
gh0un, thanks for this build. Its extremely fun. I am doing it at level 61 atm.
I wanted to ask you what you think about poison arrow.
I picked it up while leveling. I am running RoA via Bloodmagic, but before attacking the mobs, I shoot one or two poison arrows from the small rest of my mana pool. Right now my RoA does 1.4 k dps and poison sais 900 dps. This has helped me to kill hard mob groups that I cant tank yet. Then again this might be irrelevant to you because you do much more dps and dont really need a nother AOE on top.
Just thanks again for your videos. I started playing PoE after watching your cold witch video and I am now doing your Bowrauder. Your videos are extremely well done and insightful. Cheers! Hope you find a way back into the game!

Glad i got someone started on PoE :)
Poison arrow is pretty strong while leveling up (especially on normal difficulty).
If it still helps you kill stuff faster, keep on using it :)
was linking this build until i found out that it's in default. FUCK.
IGN: Fataiity
I m sry for anyone that has seen this post at another thread, but please excuse me as these are the only 2 respectable threads written by experienced players about RoA.

Hey ghoun
I would very much appreciate if u could give me your exeprienced opinion on the below matter. (or any exeprienced opinion)

I am in a dilemma.
I have the following 2 bows:

With the imperial bow my dps is approx 1k higher. (3.2k tooltip dps with chin sol / 4,3k tooltip dps with imperial).
Also take as a fact that my playstyle is both at range and at close mixed.
Also take as a fact that i dont have Point Blank passive yet (i m a bit hesitant taking it because if i do i have to change my playstyle only for close range).
My dilemma is:
- With imperial bow RoA attacks faster and does more dmg at medium-long range
- With Chin-sol RoA dmg is meh at mid-long range but does huge dmg at close range

Considering the above facts and dilemma, could you give me your experienced opinion on which bow to use? and if i should take point blank after all using which bow? (does point blank change the tooltip dps?)
Anyone experienced may reply please.

Thanks everyone for reading and for your replies :D
First off, definitely get point blank.
Unless you are attacking enemies from max range, you will always get a damage boost from it.
The damage is not increased in the tooltip however, so there is no actual way of telling how much damage you gain at which distance, i only know the values.
At 1-10 range you get the 50% more damage bonus. At 10-30 range, you go from 50% bonus to 0% bonus damage.
At 30+ range, you start losing damage (as compared to a non point blank user).
A 1 handed weapon has a range of 4, while a two handed weapon has a range of 5.
The point blank 50% bonus is therefore double the amount of two handed melee range.
As far as 6 times that amount you still get a damage bonus.

As for the bow, i dont like chin sol at all.
Unlike point blank, the damage bonus only applies at close range, and outside of that range you dont get a bonus.
With point blank you can still get 0-50% at range 10-30, while with chin sol you wont get anything.
If it were me i would use the imperial.

"
gh0un wrote:
First off, definitely get point blank.
Unless you are attacking enemies from max range, you will always get a damage boost from it.
The damage is not increased in the tooltip however, so there is no actual way of telling how much damage you gain at which distance, i only know the values.
At 1-10 range you get the 50% more damage bonus. At 10-30 range, you go from 50% bonus to 0% bonus damage.
At 30+ range, you start losing damage (as compared to a non point blank user).
A 1 handed weapon has a range of 4, while a two handed weapon has a range of 5.
The point blank 50% bonus is therefore double the amount of two handed melee range.
As far as 6 times that amount you still get a damage bonus.

As for the bow, i dont like chin sol at all.
Unlike point blank, the damage bonus only applies at close range, and outside of that range you dont get a bonus.
With point blank you can still get 0-50% at range 10-30, while with chin sol you wont get anything.
If it were me i would use the imperial.

Fair enough, thank you for your reply.

but what about Point Blank + Chin Sol? That would be overkill, wouldnt it?
Sorry to bother you Gh0un, but could you answer me a couple questions? One about few setups for belts, and would Lioneye's Paws boots be worth it in the long run?

Lioneye's Paws add strength, dex, fire dmg, as well as movement speed. I know there is a penalty for movement speed at low life, but would these be worth investing into a 4 link pair or no?

Have you ever considered using "The Magnate" for the added strength and phys dmg? With that added dmg and such would that not affect the overall fire dmg from the Blackgleam? What about a Perandus Blazon, could the flat +20-30 to attributes help for auras, as well as the stun recovery also help if you get mobbed?

Just curious because I am building a Point Blank/RoA Marauder right now. Thanks m8.
"
Moeses wrote:
Sorry to bother you Gh0un, but could you answer me a couple questions? One about few setups for belts, and would Lioneye's Paws boots be worth it in the long run?

Lioneye's Paws add strength, dex, fire dmg, as well as movement speed. I know there is a penalty for movement speed at low life, but would these be worth investing into a 4 link pair or no?

Have you ever considered using "The Magnate" for the added strength and phys dmg? With that added dmg and such would that not affect the overall fire dmg from the Blackgleam? What about a Perandus Blazon, could the flat +20-30 to attributes help for auras, as well as the stun recovery also help if you get mobbed?

Just curious because I am building a Point Blank/RoA Marauder right now. Thanks m8.

All of the items you bring up are viable options, but only if you have max resistances and atleast some base health from items.
Just asking, is 10K dps your tooltip DPS? Or is it after you account in Point Blank/Accuracy calculations?
Asking this question to have a rough gauge on where my tooltip DPS would stand later down the road
Currently playing \ SERRR (Point Blank RoA Marauder)
Last edited by merphy on Apr 13, 2013, 9:19:07 AM
"
merphy wrote:
Just asking, is 10K dps your tooltip DPS? Or is it after you account in Point Blank/Accuracy calculations?
Asking this question to have a rough gauge on where my tooltip DPS would stand later down the road

Tooltip dps is around 4k.
If you are using a lioneyes, the correct value will be displayed (except for the missing point blank).
If you are not using a lioneyes, you will have to calculate it yourself.
Last edited by gh0un on Apr 13, 2013, 1:26:18 PM
"
gh0un wrote:
Tooltip dps is around 4k.
If you are using a lioneyes, the correct value will be displayed (except for the missing point blank).
If you are not using a lioneyes, you will have to calculate it yourself.

According to your gear and your dps,

I have a very nice question for anyone that actually knows to answer:
Which one (always according to your current gear/dps) you think gives more dps
=> +8% elemental/weapon elemental dmg
or
=> +8% projectile dmg

And i insist according to your gear/dps simply because my gear/dps is similar.
As far as i know from my gear/dps, putting +8% ele/weapon ele dmg raises my tooltip dps by 100-150 (non-calculated with accuracy/point blank).

Does projectile dmg boosts dmg as a whole (both physical and elemental)?

thanks in advance for your reply
Last edited by nel0angel0 on Apr 15, 2013, 6:36:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info