[Version 0.10.7] gh0un´s Point Blank, Rain of Arrows Bowrauder

How viable is this build?

Whoops just saw videos nice build man, I just got full respec on my marauder and was looking for a more fun build than the GS build
"My father was a watch maker. He abandoned it when Einstein discovered time is relative. I would only agree that a symbolic clock is as nourishing to the intellect as a photograph of oxygen to a drowning man." - Dr.Manhattan
Last edited by Iridescent on Mar 8, 2013, 1:39:44 AM
good stuff! i've been running a similar build using burning arrow.
this is my build:

the build ideia is to use a hard hitting burning arrow at close range to spread burn dmg(+100% 2/3 of the initial dmg) to aoe with elemental proliferation. but since my burn duration is about 5~6 sec, i still need to aoe until they die.
1 - do u think rain of arrows can work better than split arrow for my build?
2 - chin sol possibly best arrow for this build?

current lvl 50 and for lack of dexterity am using this:
Spoiler

Last edited by Coldust on Mar 8, 2013, 12:14:44 PM
"
Coldust wrote:
good stuff! i've been running a similar build using burning arrow.
this is my build:

the build ideia is to use a hard hitting burning arrow at close range to spread burn dmg(+100% 2/3 of the initial dmg) to aoe with elemental proliferation. but since my burn duration is about 5~6 sec, i still need to aoe until they die.
1 - do u think rain of arrows can work better than split arrow for my build?
2 - chin sol possibly best arrow for this build?

current lvl 50 and for lack of dexterity am using this:
Spoiler

I use about the same build although im only level 42, planning on hitting it hard this weekend.

So i don't have a ton of experience with this build but i think i can answer your first question with a 100% yes, i tried split arrow and thought it was way worse than Rain of Arrows.

ROA hits way more targets and is easy to kite with, split arrow only hits 3 unless you LMP, fork, or chain it. None of those a marauder has access to and if you would use them id think burning arrow would be better.

Hob
Last edited by Hobben on Mar 8, 2013, 4:28:56 PM
thanks for the answer =)

but split arrow at lvl 17 can hit 5 targets without lmp or gmp. this + chain + life on hit = profit.
http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Split_Arrow
the problem is im still not sure which one fit better on my build.
Last edited by Coldust on Mar 8, 2013, 4:50:41 PM
"
Coldust wrote:
thanks for the answer =)

but split arrow at lvl 17 can hit 5 targets without lmp or gmp. this + chain + life on hit = profit.
http://en.pathofexilewiki.com/wiki/Split_Arrow
the problem is im still not sure which one fit better on my build.

It maybe more of a toss up than i first thought but take into the account that RoA can also use life on hit, hit more potential mobs and at level 17 has 30% increased radius and i think it wins.

Its real strength is that its gets large aoe potential for free, where anything else you'll have to use support gems to accomplish the same. To me that makes it better in the lower levels where you might not have 4 and 5 sockets or the wealth to get things like chain.

At higher levels where that main difference might matter less i can totally see a toss up and a bigger argument, i think its clearer in the leveling up stages.

Plainly speaking its a very "accessible" skill gem

hob
How fast can you farm for levels or items with this build? I have a 74 Explosive Arrow Marauder and i`m thinking about change to this
Ours is the Fury
With the new changes you can no longer get the Mana Flows node or the Mana node next to it, so no way are you going to be able to run both Purity and Determination now. Even Hatred and one of those two will probably be tough (with Anger and Wrath). How are you changing your build to account for this?
"
jackals1234 wrote:
With the new changes you can no longer get the Mana Flows node or the Mana node next to it, so no way are you going to be able to run both Purity and Determination now. Even Hatred and one of those two will probably be tough (with Anger and Wrath). How are you changing your build to account for this?

I am using 7 auras now instead of 5 by changing my setup because of mana flows.
Im uploading a video on that right now.
The patch basically forced me to think about how i could fix the character, and i actually made him stronger.
Im going to fix the OP aswell.
Last edited by gh0un on Mar 9, 2013, 4:45:43 AM
I notice you don't have Resolute Technique. Do you have enough accuracy to hit anything or do you just not care with Rain of Arrows? I'm curious about this build and would like to try it out.
"
Mestrahd wrote:
I notice you don't have Resolute Technique. Do you have enough accuracy to hit anything or do you just not care with Rain of Arrows? I'm curious about this build and would like to try it out.

Rain of arrows can never miss, thats the only reason rain of arrows is any good in the first place.
You can neglect accuracy because rain of arrows cannot miss, thus you can focus on other stuff to make rain of arrows viable.

The first video in the video spoiler tab in the OP explains how the build works and the concept behind it.
Last edited by gh0un on Mar 9, 2013, 12:05:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info