[3.7] Getting Physical - UPDATED Shattering Steel Guide

"
Gorkk wrote:
"
WillisIVIIX wrote:
Does fork really work with shattering? I played with it a little but I couldn't tell if it really was working or improving my clear.

It does, and you can see it easily when firing in your hideout: each projectile will fork at the end of its travel; personally the effect was cleary visible as well in maps for clearing (in particular it helped clearing from further afar); note however that coupled with pierce it will only fork after having pierced up to the max pierced targets.

From closeup however it's likely from the (undocumented) changes in synthesis that fork is not that great as the single target will apparently no longer be hit by the forked projectiles.

I might try taking piercing shots instead of using fork support and see how it feels (thus replacing fork with impale in my 5L).

"
WillisIVIIX wrote:
I don't have haemo's yet, but those won't help with frozen legion mobs unless GGG patches it

I'll have to pay more attention, but it felt like it did work on legion mobs (I'm pretty sure I got plenty of explosions sound at least when unfreezing them); however still sucks to try and unfreeze a lot (still have not managed to unfreeze 100 let alone 150, guess here deadeye or ED/contagion are still kings).

Yeah I tested chain to make sure and it was more obvious than fork. As for haemo's, reports are gratuitous violence isn't working on legion mobs (frozen or otherwise). With the wording on GV and haemo being the same I assumed it wasn't proccing on the gloves either. I'll buy a pair and test when I get a chance.
Currently my 6L setup is Shattering Steel-GMP-Impale-Inc.Critical Strikes-Brutality-Vicious Projectiles. For me personally it`s working really ok without Fork.

Also i`m using Endurance Charge on Melee Stun Support instead of Faster Attacks with Leap Slam skill. Leap Slam has 100% chance to stun on full HP target -> Free Endurance Charges in maps.
Last edited by Piccaso on Jun 12, 2019, 12:31:46 AM
So I'm really enjoying this build. I haven't run Uber Elder yet but apart from like the really big monolith rares I haven't had much trouble with anything in the game for a while. Thanks for the guide.

"
Gorkk wrote:
"
anastazjasz wrote:

Btw, is there any way to generate endurance charges without pushing manually in our set-up? (power charges need orb storm set-up but it's a 3 link, so its a no way with new auras, I'm trying to find a way around it).

Using leap slam it would be possible linked to endurance charge on hit considering it now stuns enemies that are full life. Obviously it would only work on trash and requires dropping probably faster attacks or fortify (maybe blood magic if enlighten 3 or 4 linked to auras)

Quoting myself as I had forgotten an other way: you could also have one of your weapon being shaped with “inc crit chance + %chance to get end charge on crit” mod (but well, you'd need that and very high pdps at the same time)
It seems like Berzerker would do more damage with this same setup.

Adjusted Flask to reflect only 82% more damage. 17.8%*5=89% -> .89*1*.9=81.8%

Changed 6th link to Maim, same items, 2 more points for tree, no intimidate 50 rage, Flawless Savagery, Aspect of Carnage, Crave the Slaughter, Rite of Ruin. This setup is giving me 784k damage per proj. Which is nearly double your PoB, which makes me think I could be way off.

It seems like I've got everything checked off correctly.

https://pastebin.com/YF44gBLv
"
Morgasming wrote:
It seems like Berzerker would do more damage with this same setup.

Adjusted Flask to reflect only 82% more damage. 17.8%*5=89% -> .89*1*.9=81.8%

Changed 6th link to Maim, same items, 2 more points for tree, no intimidate 50 rage, Flawless Savagery, Aspect of Carnage, Crave the Slaughter, Rite of Ruin. This setup is giving me 784k damage per proj. Which is nearly double your PoB, which makes me think I could be way off.

It seems like I've got everything checked off correctly.

https://pastebin.com/YF44gBLv

Thats funny, I had gone through and done the same thing - though I decided to start from scratch and went for cheaper gear and went Armor+molten shell for defense, with 3k Life on hit and 78 max res all.

For offense i have 100% hit, 13 projectiles, 837kdps per projectile

I feel like your impale calculation is missing the 20% increased impale effect that is built in to Shattering Steel

Feel free to check mine out, and let me know what you'd do differently.

https://pastebin.com/2hjZ3ij9
Enjoying this build so far. Although leveling with shattering steel was painfully slow, it picked up after cruel lab and was what I was looking for.

If you are using Kaom's Roots, using sand stance does not affect hit chance but does affect crit chance correct because of the wording on Unwavering Stance?

What are your thoughts on Grelwood Shank and Beltimber Blades? This build screams LGoH to me. I could see Grelwood and armor bases working well. I could also see Beltimber and something like evasion stacking with Tombfist and Bubonic. Maybe skipping First to strike, Last to fall for the Fortify node. Both weapons lend themselves to corruption although admittedly one hand sword curruptions aren't great.

Thanks in advance. Typed this at the bar, forgive me for errors.
I am a bit confused. Your guide says you have Flesh and Stone with Maim but I cant find it in your gear? So, which auras/effects should I be using?
As stated from another user, what would be the best choice for swords before crafting ones?

Double beltimber??
Double Grelwood??

or one from each

Any advice would be much appreciated :) :)

Thanks in advance
great build, but howe to solve mana problem on low lvl and end game ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info