[3.7] Getting Physical - UPDATED Shattering Steel Guide

"
Gorkk wrote:
"
I'm on a 5L and clearing is mediocre at best. Guess i'll try fork.

Started maps with satisfying clear with a 4 link using gmp, vicious and fork (with all aras active so needed the mana leech cluster). Now I'm on a 5 link adding brutality and got haemophilia and the clear is great; need to focus in life now though.

"
anastazjasz wrote:
Well I would anyway but I've founded gluttony belt for free poacher curse + I'm doing maps t8 and it's pretty ez so far.

Isn't the damage on movement skill an issue? Need quite a bunch of resistances elsewhere though, but might try it, seems interesting and cheap (more expensive to find the resistances elsewhere to allow it)

Gluttony is sweet:

-I'm level 89 and using wb (never liked leap) and I've never lost more then a touch of health bar before I get to the next mob group. And then its poacher work to get my life back, its hardly noticeable anyway.

-I don't like using blood rage so I have free frenzy all the time, always.

-And culling strike, 20% is amazing. It also frees one socket for my totem so I've put faster attacks for him, for now.

-Also, don't forget what poachers give apart frenzies (life, mana, and most important flask charges, I dont even have to check flasks, just push them constantly and they are full-ready in a second).

If u can afford with res, go and try it. Prolly good abyss belt with nice jewel will give you more dps late game, but for now it works like a charm.

Btw, is there any way to generate endurance charges without pushing manually in our set-up? (power charges need orb storm set-up but it's a 3 link, so its a no way with new auras, I'm trying to find a way around it).

But maybe you have some clues how to solve it?

Cheers.
Last edited by anastazjasz on Jun 10, 2019, 3:12:26 PM
"
anastazjasz wrote:

Btw, is there any way to generate endurance charges without pushing manually in our set-up? (power charges need orb storm set-up but it's a 3 link, so its a no way with new auras, I'm trying to find a way around it).

Using leap slam it would be possible linked to endurance charge on hit considering it now stuns enemies that are full life. Obviously it would only work on trash and requires dropping probably faster attacks or fortify (maybe blood magic if enlighten 3 or 4 linked to auras)
Well the build works but I'm not particularly happy with the skill. Maybe it was much better with Fork in 3.5 but now it doesn't seem that great. Also lots of new goodies for melee skills so I switched to Bladestorm. Now I only need to find a small pile of regrets...
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Does fork really work with shattering? I played with it a little but I couldn't tell if it really was working or improving my clear. I like the build for survivability and nuking bosses with the shotguns, but the clear speed, especially in this league's meta, hurts. I don't have haemo's yet, but those won't help with frozen legion mobs unless GGG patches it. The steel skills are so weird.

Edit: Just played around with it some more, I'm finding more mileage from picking up the pierce node on the tree without sacrificing DPS.
Last edited by WillisIVIIX on Jun 10, 2019, 11:32:45 PM
I am not sure if fork work however poe.ninja showing that fork is 5th most used support gem for shattering steel.
"
WillisIVIIX wrote:
Does fork really work with shattering? I played with it a little but I couldn't tell if it really was working or improving my clear.

It does, and you can see it easily when firing in your hideout: each projectile will fork at the end of its travel; personally the effect was cleary visible as well in maps for clearing (in particular it helped clearing from further afar); note however that coupled with pierce it will only fork after having pierced up to the max pierced targets.

From closeup however it's likely from the (undocumented) changes in synthesis that fork is not that great as the single target will apparently no longer be hit by the forked projectiles.

I might try taking piercing shots instead of using fork support and see how it feels (thus replacing fork with impale in my 5L).

"
WillisIVIIX wrote:
I don't have haemo's yet, but those won't help with frozen legion mobs unless GGG patches it

I'll have to pay more attention, but it felt like it did work on legion mobs (I'm pretty sure I got plenty of explosions sound at least when unfreezing them); however still sucks to try and unfreeze a lot (still have not managed to unfreeze 100 let alone 150, guess here deadeye or ED/contagion are still kings).
So how does this build heal? I don't see any leech or regen
"
Docalan wrote:

One point of life/mana leech at the Vitality Void cluster should be enough. I wouldn't bother with more leech than that, personally.
"
"
Docalan wrote:

One point of life/mana leech at the Vitality Void cluster should be enough. I wouldn't bother with more leech than that, personally.

There's also blood rage for life leech, and in the tree version without tempered flesh jewel, there's the blood drinker node for 0.4% more life leech. With the tempered flesh version, you do not have life leech node (unless you take the 0.4% hybrid node) but a bit more life regen.

Still the main leech comes from blood rage (and ideally some mana leach / mana on hit from gear if you want to avoid the hybrid leech node like it is done in the provided trees)
thanks for your guide! :) I have only one question, where do you put your Dread Banner? Should I put increased duration out of the weapon? thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info