[3.7] Getting Physical - UPDATED Shattering Steel Guide

"
As stated from another user, what would be the best choice for swords before crafting ones?

Double beltimber??
Double Grelwood??

or one from each

Any advice would be much appreciated :) :)

Thanks in advance

I ran double beltimber and had a good time. Tankier stuff in t16s felt a bit slow but shaper still died pretty fast.

I ended up crafting this and even at 409ish pdps it was an immediate difference; even tanky t16 monolith rares are starting to feel like killing things in yellow maps. Uber Elder and Uber Atziri died really fast. I still feel a bit squishy on those boss runs at the moment. I'm also still getting used to leap slamming faster. One thing about Uber Atziri is that I'm getting destroyed by the ranged trio mob's spike rain but I've only lost a run when I tried it super early into gearing.

"
MrArtd wrote:
great build, but howe to solve mana problem on low lvl and end game ?

Honestly it feels fine to me as long as you pick up the one mana leech hybrid node by duelist. I'm not even sure if an enlighten is worth it to me unless I wanted to drop dash for precision.
Last edited by Chups_ on Jun 16, 2019, 1:09:03 AM
I'm having a hard time believing that ~400(expensive) pDps swords are better than ~310(cheap) pDps swords that fire 2 additional projectiles until someone shows me the math or PoB(it doesn't support impale currently).

My plan is to use 2x Beltimber, Atziri's step, Tombfist for Intimidate(taking Unstoppable Hero instead of First to Strike). I think Whirling blades might be the better option in that case for Fortify uptime. Elder Assassin's Garb or maybe QotF (ditching the movement skill for a Power charge setup?)
There is an Impale damage calculating spreadsheet on reddit that can help, enter the required value from pob and it will show you damage at each stacks. My math shows that even a 400pds Jewelled Foil is better than Beltimber.
First of all thanks for the guide, was a really smooth ride through the endgame.

I leveled as sunder Gladiator, then reskilled into this Monster since the Sunderman felt reeeeally lacking in the single target department.

Picking up "Vaal Pact" made the whole gameplay way more relaxed

and getting a bit of mana leech on some piece fixed mana issues for me

2 Beltimbers are a really good solution for affordable weapons since we can shotgun.

I just killed Uber-Elder 15 min ago with this setup:

"THE_DEADLY_CEVAPE"
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/iRoN

all in all GOOD SHIT!
I really, really like this Build, thanks!

Last edited by iRoN on Jun 16, 2019, 8:32:39 PM
I used two Ichimonji till I afford get a foil.

It is pretty fine to use all auras while you cant get the Enlighten in setup

At this moment I use one foil 450pdps and one Ichimonji with that setup. I have 100 mana free and it almost enough to run the maps.
Last edited by _SP_ on Jun 17, 2019, 5:18:28 AM
Have you explained why your flasks in the PoB have 144% more physical damage and 42 to 84 physical damage edited in? Both you Eternal Life Flask and your Seething Divine Life Flask of Heat have these added mods.
"
Eeldr113 wrote:
Have you explained why your flasks in the PoB have 144% more physical damage and 42 to 84 physical damage edited in? Both you Eternal Life Flask and your Seething Divine Life Flask of Heat have these added mods.

Yeah it's explained in the “POB Impale Calculation” section

"

Or, "Why is your Life Flask so insane?"

TL;DR: it's to account for impale which is not accounted for in PoB (only one of the life flask is to be used ofc).
Last edited by Gorkk on Jun 19, 2019, 5:09:43 PM
Hello,
I rolled shattering steel this season, I gotta say it 's super strong.
Well as many of us I saw the champion as a cheap way to stack armor and use molten shell and really appreciate this guard skill.
I would also vote for the Guard node that is very accessible to us and provide a nice boost to the shell.
Anyway if I decide to write here is I want your opinion on the new pair of Boots, March of the legion
that consume 84% - 94% of you life with this setup as an easy way to trigger the HUGE adrenaline Buff.
What do you think is the best way to go regen fast from blessing ? thank you
Thx for the build, i am currently playing it and doing not to bad.
i was double checking the impale chance and just can get to 80%
with your setup, 20 from cham, 40 from shattering steel, 20 from dread ban.

where should be the rest?
Edit
Last edited by Bumbledore on Jun 21, 2019, 3:59:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info