Time Capsule from PoE Closed Beta -- a classic PoE vs D3 thread circa 2012

"
kodr wrote:
Same end game as PoE.

Which is no endgame at this point in Beta. ARPGs are not built around endgame. However a great one such as D2 did not need endgame content for longevity because the game itself was so good.
Last edited by thepmrc on Apr 12, 2012, 5:01:30 PM
"
kodr wrote:
Same end game as PoE.

This.. people can be so stupid sometimes.
Apparently thousands upon thousands of people played something that 'didn't exist'.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on Apr 12, 2012, 5:03:17 PM
"
thepmrc wrote:
"
kodr wrote:
Same end game as PoE.

Which is no endgame at this point in Beta. ARPGs are not built around endgame. However a great one such as D2 did not need endgame content for longevity because the game itself was so good.

Will you stop playing PoE after the end of Merciless Act 3?

Do you stop playing PoE at the end of Merciless Act 2?

The answer is obviously "no", but you don't seem to know it yourself so...
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
Last edited by kodr on Apr 12, 2012, 5:10:51 PM
"
Tagek wrote:
"
drakenoog wrote:
-Tagek

Also, Diablo 2 endgame gear trumps any gear in POE statwise

#So you compare a full game by the old gods Blizz North,to not fully developed gate without years of balancing and adding content?

PS: The bow you are showing is for lvl 40. The max level in the D3 beta is 13.

#And now you turn it around and point out that comparing the games is not right since D3 beta is not as big as PoE beta ?

hmm ... first we compare D2 .. to PoE ... then we say ... you cannot compare PoE to D3 , almost like it would be unfair ... but comparind D2 to PoE bets isn´t.

I feel you are tripping over yourself here, take a stance and stick to it.

You can´t eat it and have the cake left on the table boy :)

And for myself , Blizzard North was flawless in my eye´s

"new" Blizzard is just a shadow of it´s great "old" self

what the ... why is all bold ?

In the future please refrain from calling random people on the internet 'boy' as my time with league of legends has made me consider that an insult.

Anyway, comparing D2 with POE doesn't matter in this instance, because he was referring to POE (in it's current state) gear having more stats. All I meant was, diablo 2 had items with more / crazier stats, so will D3.

Also just as a sidenote.. I think the expression you were looking for is 'You can't have your cake and eat it too' :P

Edit: Accidentally posted everything in the same style as you did, not sure how to undo it >.<

I hope you are right about D3 items will have potential for crazy random stats, but I really do not believe this will be the case unfortunately. I could be wrong, but the vibe I get from the game and all the development changes is that they want it very bland. Every character is basically the same.

Edit (Skivverus): fixed bold font
Last edited by Skivverus on Apr 12, 2012, 6:41:56 PM
"
thepmrc wrote:
"
Tagek wrote:
"
drakenoog wrote:
-Tagek

Also, Diablo 2 endgame gear trumps any gear in POE statwise

#So you compare a full game by the old gods Blizz North,to not fully developed gate without years of balancing and adding content?

PS: The bow you are showing is for lvl 40. The max level in the D3 beta is 13.

#And now you turn it around and point out that comparing the games is not right since D3 beta is not as big as PoE beta ?

hmm ... first we compare D2 .. to PoE ... then we say ... you cannot compare PoE to D3 , almost like it would be unfair ... but comparind D2 to PoE bets isn´t.

I feel you are tripping over yourself here, take a stance and stick to it.

You can´t eat it and have the cake left on the table boy :)

And for myself , Blizzard North was flawless in my eye´s

"new" Blizzard is just a shadow of it´s great "old" self

what the ... why is all bold ?

In the future please refrain from calling random people on the internet 'boy' as my time with league of legends has made me consider that an insult.

Anyway, comparing D2 with POE doesn't matter in this instance, because he was referring to POE (in it's current state) gear having more stats. All I meant was, diablo 2 had items with more / crazier stats, so will D3.

Also just as a sidenote.. I think the expression you were looking for is 'You can't have your cake and eat it too' :P

Edit: Accidentally posted everything in the same style as you did, not sure how to undo it >.<

I hope you are right about D3 items will have potential for crazy random stats, but I really do not believe this will be the case unfortunately. I could be wrong, but the vibe I get from the game and all the development changes is that they want it very bland. Every character is basically the same.

In terms of gear, that's the exact opposite of what they want, actually.

EDIT: Damn you neverending weird font of death.

Edit 2 (Skivverus): fixed bold font (for future reference, it's an extra <b> right before "endgame")
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Skivverus on Apr 12, 2012, 6:43:08 PM
I also would like to see what they have for end game, not really fond of basic stats taking 3/5 slots on rare.

As for "Every character is basically the same", well... LOL :D
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
"
thepmrc wrote:

They are not the same, they are different by items they wear. Customization in d3 comes from items.
"
miljan wrote:
"
thepmrc wrote:

They are not the same, they are different by items they wear. Customization in d3 comes from items.

And the 6 active and 3 passive skills they choose, which makes a big difference in how your character plays.
“God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I will never die.”
"
kodr wrote:
I also would like to see what they have for end game, not really fond of basic stats taking 3/5 slots on rare.

I'm not sure what the issue is with stats? we have only seen the very tip of the iceberg that is the itemization of Diablo 3. There's not very much on offer on the website (and legendaries don't even have stats listed yet)

As for end game? I guess you haven't heard but they introduced a new difficulty Inferno where mobs start at 61 (players capped at 60) and the final 2 acts are supposed to be brutally difficult.

There are internal bets at Blizzard amongst employees on how many months (not weeks or days) it will take someone to clear the final act of inferno.

Sounds like there's plenty of end game.
“God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I will never die.”
"
alcovitch wrote:
"
kodr wrote:

I'm not sure what the issue is with stats? we have only seen the very tip of the iceberg that is the itemization of Diablo 3. There's not very much on offer on the website (and legendaries don't even have stats listed yet)

As for end game? I guess you haven't heard but they introduced a new difficulty Inferno where mobs start at 61 (players capped at 60) and the final 2 acts are supposed to be brutally difficult.

There are internal bets at Blizzard amongst employees on how many months (not weeks or days) it will take someone to clear the final act of inferno.

Sounds like there's plenty of end game.

So is the max lv 60 in D3 now or did i just confuse myself after waking up ?
http://www.youtube.com/user/swedishtavern

Around 90h of PoE Content made and spread across Scandinavia. Now invading Europe & US
Enjoy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info