[3.6] Tectonic Slam Ascendant Slayer / Pathfinder - 8000 + Life, 1 Mill + DPS - All Content

Hey - thanks for the build. I've just hit 90 and I'm loving it. A couple of things to throw out there:

I've been running War banner instead of the vaal haste for the added accuracy. Even with the extra mana reservation it regens fast enough to keep me slamming away,

and I've been playing with PoB for an alternate 6th link for bossing to prevent multistrike lockdown and Ruthless seems to be comparable to multistrike for DPS, but would prevent the lockdown, so it might be safer for some people. I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet, but thought I'd mention it.

Great build, though - I managed to get the head for 60c and sine then it's just gone crazy go nuts.

[Ed-I saw your request for some video: I'll see if I can get some footage at some point tonight. Will link if I manage it]
Last edited by AnrockWow on Jan 17, 2019, 9:48:01 PM
"
AnrockWow wrote:
Hey - thanks for the build. I've just hit 90 and I'm loving it. A couple of things to throw out there:

I've been running War banner instead of the vaal haste for the added accuracy. Even with the extra mana reservation it regens fast enough to keep me slamming away,

and I've been playing with PoB for an alternate 6th link for bossing to prevent multistrike lockdown and Ruthless seems to be comparable to multistrike for DPS, but would prevent the lockdown, so it might be safer for some people. I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet, but thought I'd mention it.

Great build, though - I managed to get the head for 60c and sine then it's just gone crazy go nuts.

[Ed-I saw your request for some video: I'll see if I can get some footage at some point tonight. Will link if I manage it]

Glad you like it :) some good suggestions here as well.

I considered both Ruthless and Concentrated Effect in place of Multistrike for bossing but losing the satisfaction of the machine gun effect and half of your attack rate and with that half your chances for a Charged Slam proc isn't something i could justify in my head. Lock down is pretty easy to get used to anyway... after a few deaths.

I did mention War Banner in my post since i think it really has no downsides, outside of the fact that it looks damn ugly to me and i don't want to use it because of that.

I will eventually swap Fortify for War Banner, Fortify is not that useful especially for deep delving when mobs get too dangerous to jump on. That still leaves you the option of also using Vaal Haste or Vaal Grace instead for delving if you want the added defensiveness.

It's pretty much just preference but War Banner is definitely the best option at endgame if you don't mind the look of it. You save about ~250 flat accuracy on gear / jewels and cap your chance to hit which is fantastic.
Last edited by idontwinitsk on Jan 18, 2019, 4:13:41 AM
"1 Million + Sustained Shaper DPS"

Another BS inflated number taken from "effective DPS".

Analogy time: you go to the car dealer to buy a car. the dealer shows a Camri and tells you "effectively" it's a 250mph car. You and I both would BS on this, this is exactly what people are doing when quoting "effective dps". Yes it has the potential of doing that dps with the perfect scenario presenting itself, but in the game that perfect scenario will never happen. Like the car it may reach that speed maybe once or twice for the entire time you own it, but to say it always is going 250mph is just crazy. To add if you were actually doing that DPS, wouldn't you have killed these bosses in your video a hell of lot faster than what you did? The math doesn't add up, from is claimed as dps to what shown as dps in the video's.
"
Aucuba057 wrote:

Analogy time: you go to the car dealer to buy a car. the dealer shows a Camri and tells you "effectively" it's a 250mph car. You and I both would BS on this, this is exactly what people are doing when quoting "effective dps". Yes it has the potential of doing that dps with the perfect scenario presenting itself, but in the game that perfect scenario will never happen. Like the car it may reach that speed maybe once or twice for the entire time you own it, but to say it always is going 250mph is just crazy. To add if you were actually doing that DPS, wouldn't you have killed these bosses in your video a hell of lot faster than what you did? The math doesn't add up, from is claimed as dps to what shown as dps in the video's.

Out of everyone on the forum inflating their numbers on purpose you pick the ONE GUY that specifically says *hey you can do twice as much burst DPS as i say in title but that is not realistic, here are 3 paragraphs explaining why* to whine about?

I mean, ok, it's not like comparing and explaining the difference between sustained and burst ( what you call inflated ) DPS this build can do is literally the third thing i do in the build overview... oh wait.

I've also never posted a video because i can't record properly on this laptop so yea, i'm going to be nice and just assume you are confused / in the wrong thread my dude.
"
idontwinitsk wrote:
"
Aucuba057 wrote:

Out of everyone on the forum inflating their numbers on purpose you pick the ONE GUY that specifically says *hey you can do twice as much burst DPS as i say in title but that is not realistic, here are 3 paragraphs explaining why* to whine about?

I mean, ok, it's not like comparing and explaining the difference between sustained and burst ( what you call inflated ) DPS this build can do is literally the third thing i do in the build overview... oh wait.

I've also never posted a video because i can't record properly on this laptop so yea, i'm going to be nice and just assume you are confused / in the wrong thread my dude.

no actually I didn't just pick one guy, I've been saying this on almost every post I see with inflated numbers.
"
Aucuba057 wrote:

no actually I didn't just pick one guy, I've been saying this on almost every post I see with inflated numbers.

Let's just hope that this almost amusing display of mental deficiency will encourage more people to thoroughly read all sections of the guide, i put a lot of effort into all of them after all.

Rather unfortunate that i took you seriously at first but oh well.

Downed uber elder at lvl 90 with this build. First time EVER doing uber elder! Thanks again for sharing the build my guy. This build is tanky AND has great clear speed. I much prefer this over molten strike.
"
shankin wrote:
Downed uber elder at lvl 90 with this build. First time EVER doing uber elder! Thanks again for sharing the build my guy. This build is tanky AND has great clear speed. I much prefer this over molten strike.

Congrats on the kill :)

I was actually going to try a Molten strike build for the first time before i saw the Tectonic slam rework lol, glad we got it in time for such a great league.
If you had the option to run dual curse on the build, which 2 curses would you go for? I was thinking of using ele weakness on gloves and running assassins mark on ring. Or do you think at this point for bossing you would just stack 2 -res curses?
Last edited by shankin on Jan 20, 2019, 11:36:25 PM
"
shankin wrote:
If you had the option to run dual curse on the build, which 2 curses would you go for? I was thinking of using ele weakness on gloves and running assassins mark on ring. Or do you think at this point for bossing you would just stack 2 -res curses?

For dual curse i'd go for Assassin's Mark and preferably Temporal Chains or Enfeeble if i can't find a temp chains. Not at all a fan of offensive curses but if you want two of those go for Assassin's Mark and Elemental Weakness as your second.

Temp chains especially will be great for deep delving and that's the only piece of content where i can see dual curse being worth the investment. Bossing outside of maybe Aul or a stupidly buffed Kurgal if i ever find one of those doesn't require dual curse at all.

Assassin' Mark is a dual purpose curse and offers way too much synergy with the build to be replaced by anything unless you plan to go double defensive curse for delving.

The debuff from AM by itself is barely below Elemental Weakness as a DPS increase ( ~ 20k DPS less than lv 12 ele weakness, only ~ 10k behind lv 10 at over 1.2 million total ), add Power charges and life on kill and it's not even close.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info