[3.10] Ice Golem Golemancer Build -DELIRIUM-BALANCED- ALL CONTENT -Everything Dies-Huge Damage

Well, I don't find Arc "clunky" at all ... whether I press a mouse button every two seconds during a boss fight or just sit there with my thumb up my arse waiting for the minions to do their their thing doesn't make much of a difference to me. At least I don't fall asleep or die from boredom.

And how Storm Brand can cull "MUCH MUCH better" than Arc is a complete mystery to me... a hit is a hit and when the target is below 10% max life it;s gonna be dead... maybe deader even when the hit comes from storm brand? Care to elaborate?

If someone likes their Storm Brand better that's fine by me, I like Arc better. The way I have set it up, it chills and shocks whole packs adding more damage and indeed quality of life.
Last edited by tomay on Sep 19, 2019, 2:43:40 PM
he's saying it is much better because it can hit a lot more enemies on a single cast. Additionally, it will keep hitting enemies for a duration vs arc which is capped to a single cast and a small finite number of hits

this means the brand will keep trying to 'cull' if you have culling strike attached while your golems are actively draining the enemy vs arc which applies on the cast and again has a lower limit to how many it can cull

I agree storm brand has a more complete feel.

overall, culling strike is meant to be a last cast option. Sticking it to our initial ee cast spell doesn't sound efficient. It would be better on support golems if at all.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
tomay wrote:
Well, I don't find Arc "clunky" at all ... whether I press a mouse button every two seconds during a boss fight or just sit there with my thumb up my arse waiting for the minions to do their their thing doesn't make much of a difference to me. At least I don't fall asleep or die from boredom.

And how Storm Brand can cull "MUCH MUCH better" than Arc is a complete mystery to me... a hit is a hit and when the target is below 10% max life it;s gonna be dead... maybe deader even when the hit comes from storm brand? Care to elaborate?

If someone likes their Storm Brand better that's fine by me, I like Arc better. The way I have set it up, it chills and shocks whole packs adding more damage and indeed quality of life.

I wonder how can you just sit there doing nothing? Even with SB I need to run around dodging attacks, run away from minions, avoid death afterattacks.

How can you chill the mobs with Ice Golem and EE?
Started this league with cobra lash...felt underwhelming to say the least. I used to play ele buzz-saw back in the day and cobra feels like a weaker version of that.

Came across this and decided to give it a try, my 1st attempt at a golemancer. It has been amazing as promised. I am getting used to the play style still, just hit lvl 84.

Wanted to say thank you to everyone, especially the OP of course, for all the work developing and min/maxing this crazy build out!
🐢
"
tomay wrote:

If you are only fighting enemies that let you just stay in place doing nothing, suit yourself.
Also, you said it yourself, that it's not 1 cast per 2 sec, you have 50% chance of shock, so 2 cast on average. With abundance of effects on screen, you are not gonna be able to identify if enemy is shocked or not, so probably add several more cast for good measure. If you are somewhat unlucky, you need 3-4 casts to apply shock, that will wear off after 2 sec and need to be applied again. How much time you need to do those 4 casts anyway? Even with our immense lighning golem buff it will take around 2 seconds, effectively forcing you to just spam arc without moving around at all.
"
tomay wrote:

Because storm brand is hitting enemy every 0.34 sec while attached. Enemy will be dead the moment it will reach 10%. In case of arc - you need to do it yourself, and if you miscalculated and hit it at 11% of health - bad luck for you. I was pretty sure that's obvious and pretty much base knowledge, but i guess not.
"
tomay wrote:

While it's good that you like it, nobody will force you to use other things. But if you are arguing in discussion, you need to provide facts. And all your "facts" were bad because pros that you mentioned applied to storm brand as well, even more so, storm brand was superior in half of them. Arc is better in shock effect, and worse in everything else.
And again, storm brand will chill enemies the same way, why you are keep repeating that? Especially considering how unusable it is in ice golem version. Are you aware that this is ice golem build with hatred and EE, right?
Also, you better check what QoL means ingame, it looks like you are misunderstanding something.
"
Med1umentor wrote:
Also, you said it yourself, that it's not 1 cast per 2 sec, you have 50% chance of shock, so 2 cast on average.

With the Lightning Golem I get almost 100% increased cast speed, now, try getting that finger off the mouse button fast enough as to not cast 2 Arcs, quite the challenge. So yea, every time I click it I do apply Shock.

And it is in the mechanics of Arc that when the first hit shocks, every following chained hit will also shock so that is up to 9 shocked enemies at once and if that ain't enough you can rest assured, Eelemental Proliferation (which has the benefit 20% incr. chance to shock) will cover the rest.

"
While it's good that you like it, nobody will force you to use other things. But if you are arguing in discussion, you need to provide facts. And all your "facts" were bad because pros that you mentioned applied to storm brand as well, even more so, storm brand was superior in half of them. Arc is better in shock effect, and worse in everything else.

Nothing could be further from me than forcing anyone "to use other things," I only object to statements that Arc is vastly inferior, ineffective and what not. Arc is not only superior in terms of shock effect (5% more damage taken) but also in its effectiveness to apply shock, SB can only apply Shock to 3 enemie and with your 10% chance to shock it requires ten hits on the targets unless you hit 'em with a lucky crit. So when using SB you'd want to pimp it with ICS in increase the effectiveness (and maybe EPS) so you get something out of Beacon of Ruin (which since 3.7 does no longer proliferate). Otherwise you might as well be better off with Paragon for elemental dmg mitigation and Pendulum for increased Aura radius.

"
I wonder how can you just sit there doing nothing? Even with SB I need to run around dodging attacks, run away from minions, avoid death afterattacks.

9k Life, capped physical resistance (90%), 3k/sec regen, Fortify, IC, Enfeeble, etc, makes me quite tanky so I can really take some serious abuse... not having to run around for dear life like a headless chicken all the time does have its perks. ;)

"
How can you chill the mobs with Ice Golem and EE?

You can't... well, all your SB hits do apply Chill while you have Chilling or Elemental Conflux. But you can't use it as a permenant solution with Ice Golems if you ceonvert their damage to Cold, no. I only mentioned Chill because that's the way I'm "abusing" Beacon of Ruin to the fullest extent with my Flame Golems. Sry about the confusion.
Last edited by tomay on Sep 20, 2019, 4:57:40 AM
"
tomay wrote:

9k Life, capped physical resistance (90%), 3k/sec regen, Fortify, IC, Enfeeble, etc, makes me quite tanky so I can really take some serious abuse... not having to run around for dear life like a headless chicken all the time does have its perks. ;)

Can you post your gears and trees? I couldn't get over 6500 life.

EDIT: Just notice that you use shield to yourself, and your flame golem has much less links than my setup, your dps much be much lower than mine. How can you survive in delve 500+ with that dps? I found killing speed is not very fast anymore even with my gear.

And how can you apply Enfeeble if the mobs can one hit you before you can cast it? Aren't you busy with Arc casting? I'm always killed by the mobs appear out of nowhere and one hit me before I can do anything.

What is your highest delve depth?
Last edited by cutiechuchu on Sep 20, 2019, 6:04:56 AM
I can delve 400+ depth just fine... and my clear speed perfectly good as well.

Yes, I may have sacrificed a some damage for tankiness but I don't care whether a boss monsters is dying a few seconds slower death as long I'm not getting one-shot all the time by random big hits.

I'm certainly not salivating over bazillions of shaper deeps or else I'd be using Pledge of Hands by now.

And as you may have noticed by now the character profile is public.

Last edited by tomay on Sep 20, 2019, 6:26:55 AM
"
tomay wrote:
I can delve 400+ depth just fine... and my clear speed perfectly good too.

Yes, I may have sacrificed a some damage for tankiness but I don't care whether a boss monsters is dying a few seconds slower death as long I'm not getting one-shot all the time by random big hits.

I'm certainly not salivating over bazillions shaper deeps or else I'd be using Pledge of Hands by now.

And as you may have noticed by now the character profile is public.

Ah ok, thank you for your feedback. Yesterday my whole golem teams are annihilated in delve because I couldn't kill them fast enough. Leaving me useless and die in vain.
Last edited by cutiechuchu on Sep 20, 2019, 6:26:44 AM
Yea... I noticed that too, golems can be a bit too "squishy" for the relentles big physical damage onslaught deep down in the mine why I rather run with 5+2 golems when delving. replacing Primo Chain with

(Which reminds me, gotta multi-mod that amulet for another minimum endu charge. ;)

Also worth noting the difference between flame golems being ranged spell casters and ice golems being melee attackers. The Flame Golems nuke everything visible on the screen and even beyond.

And particularly in Delve I like the Decoy Totem, not so much for drawing aggro but everything dealing 8% less damage helps a lot. I know, the stone golem (and Meat Shield suppoted minions) can taunt but the totem is much more reliable.
Last edited by tomay on Sep 20, 2019, 7:10:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info