[3.5] Fossil Farmer (Raider)

1. Easiest to get azurite with another character that is more suited for deep delves. Azurite gains scale rapidly with depth. Azurite and upgrades bought with it are shared between characters.

2. Light radius affects the mining cart, not so important when you go darkness diving. Flare radius is a decent QoL upgrade that makes it easier to stand in the light of the flare to reset darkness. Flare duration is not important as you normally don't stay in one place very long. Dynamite upgrades are useless, since unupgraded dynamite is fine against walls. Dynamite can be used against monsters and upgrades help with that, but no one uses dynamite in that way.

3. Effective darkness resistance depends on depth. If you're delving at depth 60, you just need 75% at depth 60. It'll be less than that are higher depths, but if you're not going there, you don't need to care.
Last edited by Rannasha on Jan 21, 2019, 9:53:16 AM
"
Rannasha wrote:
1. Easiest to get azurite with another character that is more suited for deep delves. Azurite gains scale rapidly with depth. Azurite and upgrades bought with it are shared between characters.

2. Light radius affects the mining cart, not so important when you go darkness diving. Flare radius is a decent QoL upgrade that makes it easier to stand in the light of the flare to reset darkness. Flare duration is not important as you normally don't stay in one place very long. Dynamite upgrades are useless, since unupgraded dynamite is fine against walls. Dynamite can be used against monsters and upgrades help with that, but no one uses dynamite in that way.

3. Effective darkness resistance depends on depth. If you're delving at depth 60, you just need 75% at depth 60. It'll be less than that are higher depths, but if you're not going there, you don't need to care.

Thank you very much for your detailed answer !!! :D

Going to try this out, but very well written. Thanks
You. Are. A. God.

Thank you for this amazing build, glad I decided to follow it.
Last edited by Gavlow on Jan 23, 2019, 12:46:36 AM
Considering building this for both Fossil farming and bridge-syndicate farming. Can this build kill ~level 60 syndicate members or is that asking too much for the damage output?
"
Considering building this for both Fossil farming and bridge-syndicate farming. Can this build kill ~level 60 syndicate members or is that asking too much for the damage output?

I wouldn't use this build for syndicate farming since it's not THAT fast. Keep in mind while you do need some movement, which this build provides, too much movement speed while delving would make you lose some important stuff on the way.

I would use a build focused around max movement speed for Syndicate farming personally.

Thanks for that build! It's so easy to farm with it. You just literally run and everything dies, it's so funny.

But why i am writing this post in the first place is to ask if there
are any upgrades possible to this build. I mean something for even more clear speed (not movement speed itself cause it's high already) and something for clear on nodes end (it's taking a while now, and yes i'm using vaal storm).

The only thing i changed till now is armor and gloves:

Last edited by Reliose on Jan 24, 2019, 5:46:03 PM
Any tip for have more dps?

ik its not the reason of the build, but is it possible,
dont matter the price.
"
Any tip for have more dps?

ik its not the reason of the build, but is it possible,
dont matter the price.

It's hard to squeeze out more damage for this build since we are limited to 4 link boots and if you wanted more damage you would have to use a 6 link skill and actually attack mobs. If you wanted to go down that route, you'd have to choose a cold spell like winter orb or something. You won't need Abberath's Hooves anymore so you can replace those and stick a 4 link herald of ice in a pair of boots or helm. Chest would have to be replaced with probably Carcass Jack if using Winter Orb for colours and more damage. Flash Freeze, Ballistic Mastery, and Sniper would increase damage on the passive tree.

It all depends what skill you choose and what tags the skill has then you can change the passive tree accordingly but you may lose some movement speed due to having to replace some gear such as the chest.
Stack abyss jewels with flat ele damage for spells. Will do the trick.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info