[3.5] Fossil Farmer (Raider)

"
G4rble wrote:
"
gumballdad wrote:
*You are now less likely to find fossils at depths shallower than 58, and more likely to find fossils at deeper depths.

RIP

Why RIP?

Previously you were less likely to find fossils at depths shallower than 40. So they bumped it up.

I'm going to run 60-70, with this same build, and still be just fine. I'm even tinkering with a Carcass Jack/Rise of the Phoenix version that takes advantage of some buffs.

Not RIP,...challenge accepted.

I like the way you think and am looking forward to seeing what you come up with! I figured that low level fossil farming and this build were RIP but I'm not an experienced delver by a long shot and will defer to people with more experience.

Can you recommend a good league starter raider build that I can do some delves with and save up currency so I can transition to this build?
Last edited by gumballdad on Mar 6, 2019, 1:43:20 PM
Well this is xnoctum's thing so I don't want to take over, or give the impression I know more about this build. I just like tinkering with it and seeing how it reacts with different nodes or item changes.

I also don't consider myself experienced as Betrayal was my second league ever. So a whopping 6 months time in game?

That said, I leveled Tunnel_Runner with Rain of Arrows/Herald of Agony. It got the job done, with zero gear investment until A10 Kitava and Labs. Those I partied up, as well as early mapping. I didn't change the skill tree in anyway.

If anything, with the new scaling in Delve, I think gaining as much DPS as possible without sacrificing life/res at the expense of a little speed/evasion is the only way to keep this going.

I'm looking hard at Daresso's/Rise of the Phoenix with life/res and life/spell dmg jewels. 4-link Vortex is still going to be the end of the run/behind the wall damage dealer. Innervate buff with the CWDT>Shock Nova is going to be awesome. As long as I can maintain 150% base movement speed, 5,000+ life and 75%+ res the build will be fine farming into the 70s easily.

just my $.02

Edit:

Here's a sloppy Delve 106. We're fine guys.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/391391467

Last edited by G4rble on Mar 6, 2019, 4:07:15 PM
Good stuff G4rble! Thanks and keep it up!
Can you post the tree again for 3.6? Currently not working in the PoB
Thx
hey i got my suspitions that this build wont be able to farm fine at 58+ depth. I got almost oneshotted at lvl 70 mobs depth last patch.
"
Zloberik wrote:
hey i got my suspitions that this build wont be able to farm fine at 58+ depth. I got almost oneshotted at lvl 70 mobs depth last patch.

Umm, I posted a video doing a 106 with no issues. Scroll up a little.
Can we please have a talent update for this? :)
Delve 108 with new tree. (Sorry for the dropped frames, a lot of programs running in background)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/394378936

PoB:

https://pastebin.com/7KcbyDuC

I would highly suggest running Daresso's/Rise of the Phoenix for more DPS/Resistance to push past 110 on this build.

Last edited by G4rble on Mar 12, 2019, 10:52:50 AM
"
G4rble wrote:
Delve 108 with new tree. (Sorry for the dropped frames, a lot of programs running in background)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/394378936

PoB:

https://pastebin.com/7KcbyDuC

I would highly suggest running Daresso's/Rise of the Phoenix for more DPS/Resistance to push past 110 on this build.

How does Daressos/RotP give you DPS?
Oak gives you lots of regen (6%) which is the important thing for running around in the dark. RotP gives you some life, fire res and some useless amount of life regen. So with RotP you can put in some damage jewels instead of fire res, but it's not much you gain, is it?
Daressos is good for better onslaught and endurance charges compared to your original QotF. So switching to it gives you neither DPS nor res, you lose res however, you even lose res with Daresso+Phoenix vs. QueenForest+Oak cause Queen has much better res distribution: all resistances vs. fire only resistance.

When you change away from Oak, you lose almost 300 regen per second and I doubt running in the dark is as much fun anymore. Bring lots of flares.
"
HHLupus wrote:

How does Daressos/RotP give you DPS?
Oak gives you lots of regen (6%) which is the important thing for running around in the dark. RotP gives you some life, fire res and some useless amount of life regen. So with RotP you can put in some damage jewels instead of fire res, but it's not much you gain, is it?
Daressos is good for better onslaught and endurance charges compared to your original QotF. So switching to it gives you neither DPS nor res, you lose res however, you even lose res with Daresso+Phoenix vs. QueenForest+Oak cause Queen has much better res distribution: all resistances vs. fire only resistance.

When you change away from Oak, you lose almost 300 regen per second and I doubt running in the dark is as much fun anymore. Bring lots of flares.

Daresso's is a 5k+ DPS upgrade. Daresso + RotP is a 26% movespeed buff as well. 100% increase in Onslaught is huge for dps and movespeed.

Currently I'm running 4 jewels; all Fire/Lightning res. With the other setup you simply switch to cold/lightning on the jewels and you're fine.

Sure the life regen is lower, but I doubt it's going to be that bad because you're not simply hanging out in darkness.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info