[3.5] Ascendant - Storm Brand build (Budget, Good clear speed, Easy to kill boss, Very Safe)

"
roexander wrote:
atziri's acuity are going UP so fast, how this build feels without them???

still great.
Your path of building for the budget version without Vaal RF still says 84k average hit, I get only 10k average hit in POF with my current setup. What am I doing wrong? I have a Shimmeron/VB, Shaper/Elder ring, but still.

EDIT: Ok, I had to tick leech and power charges as config items, but I still get only 50% of your average hit damage. ??? What am I missing?
Last edited by PRiVaTeGSuS on Jan 14, 2019, 8:54:53 AM
Edit.... ignore
Last edited by mounted on Jan 14, 2019, 9:53:54 AM
Its from the "Warlords Mark" Curse on one of youre rings. :)

Just noticed your edit!
Last edited by RoteX on Jan 14, 2019, 9:55:53 AM
Anyone have upgrade suggestions? I have the Might of Meeks and 25ex to play around with. Debating between getting a double wrath watchers eye, or the unnatural instincts jewel. However if there is something else I could snag lemme know!
Last edited by Riggadaddy on Jan 14, 2019, 2:41:08 PM
This looks like a pretty good build, life pool seems a little low for HC. What are you thoughts on UberDans (POEDan79) version. He is a Slayer/Pathfinder. Heres his POB btw https://pastebin.com/1u3xhp6w how come you dont run brand recall?
Why are you using arakaali pantheon if you don't have blood rage? You don't really get extra life leech or am I missing something?
"
Zloezlo wrote:
Why are you using arakaali pantheon if you don't have blood rage? You don't really get extra life leech or am I missing something?

Shimmeron applies a dot to you that's constantly proccing it.
Thanks for build. It is excellent, of course it requires proper playing as well as totems, you can not afford many mistakes because physical damages hurt alot. The advantage of Brand over Totems is the fact that they are considered self cast, thanks to that leeach works so well and is not targetable.

I have made a little upgrades by myself, especially gems, I recommend that you try it really works great.

Golems moved to CWDT, I always link them to CWDT so thanks to this I have practically all the time active and I do not have to think about casting them. Thanks to this, I practically gained an additional 4 link. I have auras in 4 links, 3 auras and Enlighten. This is complemented by Flame Dash + Faster Casting and Brand Recall which is a great, practically must be skill for Brand builds.

I used the last 3 link for the Cold Snap/Vaal Cold Snap + Increased Duration + Bonechill setup, it works so great, we use Cold Snap when 5 brands are active, thanks to this we have 3 Frenzy Charge, in addition, we are slowing everything down alot. When on 3 frenzy charge, we use Phase Run, it lasts for me 9 seconds and Arcane Surge lasts 19 seconds (actually I do not know why this combo causes that Arcane Surge increases its time, but works!), Vaal version serves as defensive and offensive coldown. I really recommend you try this combo!

This is my current gear, just as I wanted to make a resist cap with no resista shoes, thanks to this I can use Inya's Epiphany for clear and most of the content, they give a lot of dpsu considering we have 5 Power Charge, Uber Elder and other I'm using Kaom's Root, of course, if it's difficult.

My next target is a good Watcher's Eye near Wrath, and I have to visit the Uber Lab several times to drive enchants in the set, and finally a good hat with enchant at Storm Brand.

Once again, thank you for the build, I'm currently in love with him, probably (if GGG will not do a revolution again) I will compete in the next league!

Greetings.
Really liking the build so far. I've made a few tweaks (sucked it up and manually pathed to vaal pact until I can afford an acuity), but otherwise I have pretty good gear that lines up decently with most of the recommendations. Everything's going fine - except one thing.

Porcupines. How are you all dealing with porcupines in red maps with damage mods. I feel very safe with everything else.

I have about 5.5k hp, will be above 6k once I finish leveling and buy all the jewels I want. I keep a basalt running. I have 3 endurance charges up. I kill everything before it hurts me, I leech up instantly if I take any damage.

And then my brands jump into a porcupine pack offscreen and I'm dead before I even know what happened. I actually had to run through a terrace map with only one major damage mod skipping half the packs just to complete it today.

How are you all dealing with this? Very open porcupine maps where I can't hide behind things might as well be ele reflect for me right now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info