[3.5] Ascendant - Storm Brand build (Budget, Good clear speed, Easy to kill boss, Very Safe)

Also:

Ascendant - Slayer
No longer grants 20% increased Damage while Leeching.

I think nobody knows for sure atm, it might be worth trying it on Standard before final decision.
"
yoshisque wrote:
Also:

Ascendant - Slayer
No longer grants 20% increased Damage while Leeching.

I think nobody knows for sure atm, it might be worth trying it on Standard before final decision.

With my build I am swapping Slayer for Inquisitor. The nerf was too much not only the leech but the -20% leech damage as well... fuck that
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I was thinking about trying this build as starter build but with the new slayer leech nerf being so brutal for scion. Would it be better to go something like Elementalist/Pathfinder. Or is going slayer still pretty mandatory as a main defensive measure?
biggest reason for slayer was to out regen the shimmerons. you just need a new way of addressing that and youll be fine. the build will still work itll probably have to have the skill tree adjusted a bit to make use of EB/MOM and the new ES leech gem

you probably wont be able to pickup a shimmerons within the first 2 days if that either way so i wouldnt worry too much about it
Last edited by resooh on Mar 7, 2019, 1:35:02 PM
I make a PoB for an Occultist ES for this build and it's looks like a f**king monster! And there it's a fast gear so it can be alot better! :O

https://pastebin.com/xsfbDwQi

Did anyone test this build on 3.6?
How it works ?
"
Kalolek wrote:
Did anyone test this build on 3.6?
How it works ?

With the caveat that I'm still one trial short of uberlab and have fairly meh gear, I'm feeling squishy as hell. In the week and a half I've been playing I've hit ~85% of the total deaths my Hierophant brander suffered in 2 months of Betrayal.

Damage still feels solid in T12 maps I just don't have the survivability I'm looking for.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
Last edited by Summoner on Mar 19, 2019, 1:30:28 AM
"
loczek123 wrote:
I make a PoB for an Occultist ES for this build and it's looks like a f**king monster! And there it's a fast gear so it can be alot better! :O

https://pastebin.com/xsfbDwQi

Doubt it can be called as monster - with 5k ES and 200k DPS...
I'm Russian and I love it.
Auctioneer House - just MUST be here! Most of sellers do not reply, not even talking about AFKers and offliners!
Thank you for this. However, sorry for being daft (and a bit noobish) but i dont understand the skill tree images. Was aiming for the "budget" one and in that i can see how you started at Scion and picked crit and life nodes, but in the "Leveling" images (2 images) the upper one shows something completely different. It shows linking differently from Scion up towards the left corner instead of taking those Scion nodes from the other images (Budget and lower "Leveling" images) and then ascend (i think?) and then continue from the Witch tree.

Did i do this correct when i started with Scion and i have now taken all those crit nodes and about to take the last life nodes? I guess im gonna need help to do first Lab at very low level (around 21) so i can ascend and continue pop nodes in the Witch tree.

Any tips for best leveling weapon/skill/spell at this low level (17)?

Cheers.

EDIT: Think i got it.
Last edited by subkotte on Mar 26, 2019, 7:56:51 AM
"
subkotte wrote:
Thank you for this. However, sorry for being daft (and a bit noobish) but i dont understand the skill tree images. Was aiming for the "budget" one and in that i can see how you started at Scion and picked crit and life nodes, but in the "Leveling" images (2 images) the upper one shows something completely different. It shows linking differently from Scion up towards the left corner instead of taking those Scion nodes from the other images (Budget and lower "Leveling" images) and then ascend (i think?) and then continue from the Witch tree.

Did i do this correct when i started with Scion and i have now taken all those crit nodes and about to take the last life nodes? I guess im gonna need help to do first Lab at very low level (around 21) so i can ascend and continue pop nodes in the Witch tree.

Any tips for best leveling weapon/skill/spell at this low level (17)?

Cheers.

EDIT: Think i got it.

The levelling trees look different because you're expected to respec after completing your last ascendency and remove the skill points heading from the scion start to the main block of skill nodes. If the build had a more detailed levelling section, there would be a tree which had ~95% of the full levelling nodes but was still connected to the scion start.

As for starting gear, most of the normal good choices apply. +1 wand (crafted or lifesprig), goldrim, tabula, and wanderlust (or other boots with move speed and a low lvl req). If it's your first character of the league you probably won't be able to afford the tablula until sometime past level 50 or 60 unless you get a lucky drop.
Did you ever see history portrayed as an old man with a wise brow and pulseless heart, weighing all things in the balance of reason?
Is not rather the genius of history like an eternal, imploring maiden, full of fire, with a burning heart and flaming soul, humanly warm and humanly beautiful?
Last edited by Summoner on Mar 27, 2019, 6:43:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info