[3.5] Occultist Vortex/Cold Snap ES/CI - Deathless and Safe Uber Elder and T16's

Thanks I'll take a look at it. I ended up buying a 6 linked vaal regalia chest and crafting on it, then switched to CI and so far i've had much better survivability.

I know though that I've still got some upgrading to do before I try tackling red maps/end game though. But I'll get there. I may try out your build and see how I like that. Thanks for sharing
"
Muru69 wrote:

Posted second method above and managed to craft it too.

Thanks! Used your method and managed to craft a fine upgrade.
Thanks so much for this build, this is amazing.

Started to play this game a month ago and after 2 diferents characters/builds, i swaped to your build and managed to kill uber elder, not deathless yet but i am very happy with it.

Keep it up the good work man!
Hello,

Thank you for the in-depth guide, I was looking for a build to replace my arc elementalist(to squishy for me). This guide was helpful to me, especially as a new player to the game. I chose this build due to the crafting guide, which is invaluable. total 1.5 ex spent( I bought the chest piece.)

Very powerful build and the cheap cost, with crafting, allows a new player to try a new character at minimal cost.

My weapon cost 18c, crafted following guide. It has xx 59 minion damage, xx 52 damage full life and xx trigger socket.

Is this good enough for end game??

Thoughts??

I would like to recommend the following, if you think it is viable: I see this as an excellent end game piece of equipment (pls let me know if I am not correct, do not want to mislead anyone:

I am using a darkness enthroned stygian vice belt, 2 abyss slots with a 50 percent increase to socketed gems. Very cheap belt. upside: can switch out gems to help with: str and dex or all resists and gives a 50 percent boost to socketed gems. that's around 30 to all resists or 30 to str/dex and int. my gems also give me 146 es before buff, cold damage increase and chaos damage. I bought the gems for 20 chaos total,( will need to be patient, because those gems are normally 30c apiece at least.)

Aspect of spider rocks, I have on neck with 20 percent increase es, cost: 4c. rings to max out resists, more es and 1 with faster recharge, cost: 5c (includes crafting faster recharge cost.)

my shield and gloves, boots aren't high end but feel adequate and I am using the Sin trek boots, which I like for the dex and the evasion, total cost: 25 c.

the highest cost I have seen is the flask and the unique gem(with discipline procs) 1-8 ex, like u said a luxury, not needed but would be beastly.

When you get aspect of spider, do you give up discipline? or do you just accept the <100 mana pool?
Thanks for the build! I have been running this in BSC and have cleared everything in the game. I am sitting at just over 12k ES with the skin of the loyal and 1.2 million shaper dps in PoB. This to date has been one of the most well rounded builds I have played in 6 years of PoE. :D

I have a 6link 720+ ES chest but it's 1g5b. What would you suggest for the blue gem? Bonechill just for QOL on trash where you're not doing many cold snaps anyway, or something else? Maybe Increased AOE? Added damage gems are for hit so I don't think they will work. Or should I just bail on this chest?
Last edited by poeGT on Jan 21, 2019, 2:27:50 AM
"
aecro wrote:
Just curious how much unreserved mana people have with Discipline/Enfeeble/Aspect. Even with the +4% reduced Mana reserved and lvl3 Enlighten I only have 67 Mana. I managed to bring Vortex down to 67, but it feels kinda slow, so I disable Aspect for mapping.
I haven't picked up Deep Thoughts yet, but according to PoB that only gives me +20 unreserved Mana and about ~40% higher regen. I'm not sure that makes too much of a difference.

Gear:
Spoiler

You can look at my character in my profile to see my tree and my Gear. In game with all reserved on I have 117 mana. Doing T11 maps so far with no mana problems.

See I think one thing people are missing is the mana regen. With so small a pool the faster it refills. I have 48.1 mana regen per second while moving which unless your casting the Cold Snap you will always be doing since Vortex is instant you don't stop moving when you cast it.

Did you get a Abyss Jewel with Mana Regen while moving? If not I would recommend getting one.
Can someone give me input how to improve my items? What would you update next?
I´m thinking about the scepter with both minion + dmg on full life... I get this once, but my annulment removed the wrong suffix :X - think i have to waste more chaos for it.
Beside that, what would you upgrade soon?
- Should i play temp-chains instead of discipline, especially because I play spider + the shaper Amu?

I also noticed that i missed 3 important minion-nodes in the passive tree, these will be my next target, then the left ES-nodes and after that I´m working on the third jewel slot. Or do I need the Whisper of doom curse node?

This is my gear:
Last edited by igp_0wn3d on Jan 21, 2019, 4:46:30 AM
did a quick Uelder video just to showcase how strong this build is :D
https://youtu.be/C6k0BxaV64s

IGN: FluffyMetamorph

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info