Elemental Proliferation

"
Topei wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
It ends when the initial freeze ends. The freeze caused by the mine will be an aura, affecting any other monsters near to those frozen monsters. When that freeze runs out, the aura is no longer affecting the others.

After a bit of thought I think I may be on to something. Mark, if what you said is true, then if Freeze mine is linked to elemental proliferation, and if the character had a way to further extend the freeze duration,and had the passive skill... oh I don't know... Breath of Rime... then tactical use of Freeze Mine could be devestating! A Shadow can nullify clusters or roomfulls of enemies with the elemental proliferation fo freeze followeed by Chilled every time and pick em apart!

I might (probably will) have to work a build around this! Elemental Proliferation just jumped up to my top support gem. It's interesting, that's for sure.

Your not thinking about it being like rabies in D2 are you.I should think it only goes from them frozen directly and not to neíbours of those frozen from the proliferation.That would cause major lag as it does with rabies and the poison skill in Sacred 2.

Edit:
Actually looks like it does.I was using cold snap with EP on the terraces and things were freezing a good distance from my initial cast,it's instant as well not at all like rabies where it spreads gradually.
Last edited by Kavlor on Jul 13, 2012, 1:04:13 AM
Just came back after a month to say that Elemental Proliferation is still useless because it shatters stuff way too much, even with a level 15 Cold to Fire gem, and it's only going to get worse as I get stronger. It'd really be nice if we could stop stuff from getting shattered, period. Maybe a keystone passive?

I'm really serious when I say this makes Elemental Proliferation intolerable. Nine out of ten times I shatter mobs in one hit, which makes my total DPS output tank since I'm relying on AoE Burning. The fact that damage upgrades would make this even WORSE is just absurd. I shouldn't be afraid of getting damage upgrades!
Last edited by Strill on Jul 13, 2012, 4:02:03 PM
Does lowering your damage work better,you know faster but lower damage.I think EP has such power potential that maybe side effects like this balance it out.

Anyway one fix might be a damage:enemy life ratio where cold damage won't crit below a certain threshold,it will just chill instead.
Last edited by Kavlor on Jul 14, 2012, 12:38:28 PM
"
Kavlor wrote:
Does lowering your damage work better,you know faster but lower damage.I think EP has such power potential that maybe side effects like this balance it out.

Anyway one fix might be a damage:enemy life ratio where cold damage won't crit below a certain threshold,it will just chill instead.
Freeze chance already works exactly as you describe. It's based on damage:enemy life, won't freeze below a certain threshold, and instead just chills.

And no, lowering my damage makes my burn damage tank since burning is best with single strong hits. It's better to just rely on straight vanilla multiple projectiles than try to bother with ele proliferation.
Last edited by Strill on Jul 15, 2012, 1:54:47 AM
"
Freeze chance already works exactly as you describe. It's based on damage:enemy life, won't freeze below a certain threshold, and instead just chills.

Then why is small amounts of cold an issue?

"
Neonexe wrote:
To give you some how idea of just how stupid the current implementation is here is an example of a decision I had to make today. I am doing a burning arrow proliferation witch, and I find this quiver:

Unavailable

Oh look, I think, it has PERFECT stats. And I equip it.

And every time I crit the mob shatters rather than proliferating. It is completely worthless for me. Just from 2-3 cold damage!

:/

I was talking about cold on it's own.It looks like its effect is based on total damage.What if the cold effect (freeze) only happened when it's own damage reached a certain threshold.Or am I still missing something?
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Kavlor wrote:
"

Then why is small amounts of cold an issue?

I was talking about cold on it's own.It looks like its effect is based on total damage.What if the cold effect (freeze) only happened when it's own damage reached a certain threshold.Or am I still missing something?
Yes I'm talking about cold damage on its own. It's designed so that if you crit, it calculates the amount of time it will freeze the enemy based on your cold damage vs their max hp. If that time is greater than 0.3 seconds, the enemy freezes. Otherwise they just get chilled. Obviously either the threshold is too low or there's a bug in the system somewhere.
Is there someway possible to make this gem work with debuffs and not only elemental status effects?

Since the shadow/dagger builds lack AoE it would be cool to be available to have viper strike or Adder's touch spreading its dot.

Just a thought, maybe it won't fit at all with this gems purpose
I've tried that gem on Fireball and Firestorm. Whenever a mob dies while Burning, it does have a Burn aura...
But the effect on NPCs that flee Burn is that they take one tick, flee, come back, take one whiff of Burn, flee etc...

I suppose the initial spread DOES share the full effects, but the aura on corpses is more an annoyance than an help for my build.

When it happens, the effect does not spread damage, it justs creates a sort of unvoluntary CC.

Last edited by Skjuld on Jul 27, 2012, 7:29:21 AM
Hi,
I got a quick question.
If I shock 3 clumped-up targets with lightning and elemental proliferation, do the shock-effects stack with each other?
Or put differently, if I shock with lightning arrow+EP once, will all creeps be shocked trice instantly?
Thanks.
"
mokschi wrote:
If I shock 3 clumped-up targets with lightning and elemental proliferation, do the shock-effects stack with each other?
Yes, up to the shock limit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info